Business Systems Analyst – Xactly Incent/Workday @ TripAdvisor
Italian Language and Literature @
Lorenzo de Medici
Timothy is a self-motivated individual who thrives in fast paced, high growth environments. His leadership skills have continued to develop as he transitioned from a process efficiency driver on the accounting side of TripAdvisor's ultra-high growth subscription based product, to developing, managing, and analyzing compensation calculations and modeling for a global team of over 600 sales reps
Timothy is a self-motivated individual who thrives in fast paced, high growth environments. His leadership skills have continued to develop as he transitioned from a process efficiency driver on the accounting side of TripAdvisor's ultra-high growth subscription based product, to developing, managing, and analyzing compensation calculations and modeling for a global team of over 600 sales reps across more than 15 countries. Timothy has an affinity for technology and can easily learn an adapt to challenges large and small.
Timothy graduated Cum Laude from Bentley University with a BS in Corporate Finance and Accounting and a concentration in global perspectives. Having successfully completed the Bentley University Honors Program as well as receiving the Presidential Scholarship all four years, Timothy has proven his academic ability and eagerness to learn. On the job, Timothy takes pride in being able to complete projects on schedule and with the highest of quality.
Specialties: Incentive compensation calculation and modeling. Xactly Incent administration, project management, process efficiency, business and financial analysis, and driving change
Compensation Analyst @ • Responsible for monthly commission accrual and calculations including adjustments, approvals and ad-hoc reporting.
• Completely re-configured failing CMP software configuration in Xactly and got to a steady state in 2 pay periods.
• Performed monthly analysis of sales results including renewal rates, existing business, and new business trends.
• Provided pipeline analysis to senior management to evaluate expected sales to plan in multiple segments.
• Performed monthly channel productivity analysis to generate reasonable stretch goals for field channel managers
• Heavily involved in quota setting and territory allocation analysis for account executives, account managers, and renewal specialists.
• Relied upon as subject matter expert in compensation plan design, implementation, and execution for year-end planning.
• Provided weekly reports and frequent recommendations to C-Level executives across the organization From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Greater Boston AreaBusiness Systems Analyst – Xactly Incent/Workday @ • System administrator and developer for Xactly Incent across multiple global sales organizations
• Ensured accurate sales compensation throughout each step of the process including collecting inputs, calculating compensation, reviewing
outputs, obtaining director and VP approval, submitting payroll files, and adjusting system configuration as needed.
• Gathered detailed functional requirements for new projects and coordinated with key stakeholders to ensure a successful implementation.
• Became the subject matter expert (SME) for all sales compensation and system related inquiries (Incent Administrator Certified).
• Led implementation testing and drove process improvements with feedback gathered from senior management.
• Created ad-hoc reporting for HR and FP&A. Supported accounting in order to book accurate accruals.
• Provided sales data analysis and reporting functionality that decreased monthly commission errors to less than 1%
• Supported Workday HR and financials modules as needed including ad-hoc reporting From July 2014 to June 2015 (1 year) Accountant – TripAdvisor for Business @ • Managed the day-to-day operations of T4B which included but was not limited to applying daily wires and checks,
coordinating with order management for special deals, and troubleshooting system issues in salesforce and Zuora.
• Worked closely with sales operations to automate system processes while adhering to revenue recognition policy.
• Drove process change and communicated business needs to operations - Tested systems updates in Salesforce and Zuora.
• Became heavily involved month end close process including reconciling over 25,000 online transactions per month.
• Prepared and analyzed financial statements for month over moth fluctuation analysis. From January 2014 to July 2014 (7 months) Staff Accountant – Flights Meta/CPC/CPM billing @ • Recognized an average of 25MM in monthly revenue while ensuring adherence to accounting principles.
• Designed, implemented, performed, and audited the company revenue control for contracts over 500K.
• Audited and recovered over 200K in unbilled revenue from prior periods within three months of start date.
• Streamlined Meta/China billing, OU revenue allocation, and reduced billing error rates to < 3% (previously >15% for flights meta billing).
• Coded invoices for AP, and prepared journal entries including reversals, deferred revenue, and accruals. From December 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 1 month) Accounting/Finance Intern @ • Key Contributor during testing of our Workday ERP system integration
• Participated in monthly balance sheet and income statement FLUX review for all business units.
• Created and implemented SOX control for revenue contracts.
• Maintained billing error reports and leveraged findings to improve processes. From May 2012 to November 2012 (7 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Corporate Finance and Accounting @ Bentley University From 2009 to 2012 Italian Language and Literature @ Lorenzo de Medici From 2011 to 2011 Timothy Famolare is skilled in: Xactly Incent, Sales Compensation, Compensation Planning, Software Implementation, Sales Operations, Data Analysis, Financial Analysis, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Business Analysis, Project Management, Salesforce.com, Zuora, Account Reconciliation, PowerPoint
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension