General Engineering @
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
My objective has always been to leverage my broad experience while continuing to be challenged. I have almost 10 years of experience working with products, services and processes. My background in Continuous Improvement, Project Management, and Product Development represent a unique combination of disciplines. Personally, I have the drive and determination to consistently achieve success as a
My objective has always been to leverage my broad experience while continuing to be challenged. I have almost 10 years of experience working with products, services and processes. My background in Continuous Improvement, Project Management, and Product Development represent a unique combination of disciplines. Personally, I have the drive and determination to consistently achieve success as a leader in all of the organizations that I have worked with in the past.
Director Product Engineering @ Technical leader for Sears and Kenmore/Craftsman brands in the serviceable consumer goods industry. Provide strategic direction to Sears suppliers to influence the product development and drive improvement for the design, manufacturing and service of our House Brands. From February 2013 to Present (2 years 11 months) Sr Manager, Engineering Services @ From February 2013 to February 2014 (1 year 1 month) Product Engineering Manager @ • Work with all Sears business units and Vendor base to improve product quality, installation, serviceability, warranty expense, and life of product support for all Sears sold laundry products, accounting for over $2 billion in SHC revenue.
• Core member of the Kenmore laundry team as the Quality Engineering Manager, Kenmore Laundry being the largest single category in all SHC at over $1 billion in annual sales with annual warranty expense of $250 million.
• Voting responsibility and key contributor to the Product Development Tollgate system from IFT (ideation feasibility) PAT (project approval), PDT (product definition), PCT (product confirmation), LDT (launch decision), to PLT (post launch)
• As QEM for Kenmore work with our suppliers (Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, and EMA) to drive quality action plans, approve BPCR’s, define/guide TRM , and consult on the PRM
• Hold regular quality review meetings (QIC’s, DQIC’s, PMT’s, Line Audits) with Suppliers to influence product improvement and development efforts in both design and manufacturing using six sigma tools; Kaizen, PPAP, 8D, 5S, FMEA etc....
• Provide industry quality benchmarking to retail for the RFP process and for warranty recourse negotiation programs. From 2009 to February 2013 (4 years) Biological Reconnaissance Specialist @ • Deployed with the 375th Chemical Co. for Operation Enduring Freedom 2003-2004 (Active Duty)
• Operation of the M31-A2 BIDS (Biological Integrated Detection System)- identification of Biological Warfare Agents
• Delta Team and Squad Leader of 2nd Platoon- 342nd Chemical Company
• Appointed Retention NCO and RSO for the 375th Chem. Co by the Company Commander J. From 2003 to 2011 (8 years) Product Engineer @ • Responsible for all New Product Introduction activities; factory audits, serviceability/installation reviews and technical editing of all product literature (Use-n-Care, Installation, Tech Sheet and Service Manuals)
• Use Six Sigma principles and SWA to identify and resolve quality issues, while working to improve repair efficiency.
• Project Management responsibility for all Continuous Improvement projects within my Division.
• Communicate to Product Repair Services management and workforce (technicians, delivery, CCN, STAC, customer relations, MML) technical, repair and quality information about products via Supplier Training/Service Flashes/Training Bulletins From April 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Manager of Yard Operations @ • Manage all aspects of local business for the world’s largest RR for 13 local customers and interchange to 2 foreign railroads
• Point of contact for all corporate departments; marketing, sales, dispatching, service quality and risk management.
• Company officer for derailments, haz-mat releases, track obstructions and all main lines issues affecting velocity.
• Supervise 9 managers, 95 local employees and 200+ through freight employees.
• Manage multi million dollar budget and all business needs of the terminal. From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) Transportation Engineer @ • Analyze transportation facilities, services, processes, travel patterns, volumes, economic activity and ordinances for improvement
• Project management of several safety and efficiency improvement initiatives such as yard lighting and walkway enhancements
• Build 3 originating trains and yard 3 terminating trains daily utilizing logistics planning tools for efficiency of space and labor From 2004 to 2006 (2 years)
General Engineering, Design, Mechanical, Electrical and Materials Engineering @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign From 1997 to 2002 Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), general engineering @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Tim Adkisson is skilled in: Six Sigma Green Belt, TQMS, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Product Quality, Supplier Quality, Process Engineering, Six Sigma, Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Leadership, Inventory Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension