I am an executive level mining professional and award winning communicator with proven strategic capabilities. A geologist by background, I have specialised in mining finance and investor relations since 2005. I possess a unique set of competencies and network, built up from 15 years in the industry including roles in commodities research, a leading resources brokerage and
I am an executive level mining professional and award winning communicator with proven strategic capabilities. A geologist by background, I have specialised in mining finance and investor relations since 2005. I possess a unique set of competencies and network, built up from 15 years in the industry including roles in commodities research, a leading resources brokerage and a high profile London listed mining company. I am highly motivated and have delivered best in class results working independently and in a team.
Principal @ Working to identify and secure financing for world class base metals development assets, particularly zinc. From February 2015 to Present (9 months) United KingdomHead of Investor Relations and Business Development @ • Member of Executive Committee
• Advised moving listing from Norway to AIM in London which led to the placing of secondary shares to over 30 institutional investors (GBP72m transaction)
• Part of the team that raised over $500m in debt and equity markets to fund construction of Marampa iron ore mine ($110m royalty with BlackRock, $90m of new equity, $110m convertible debt and over $225m of secured debt)
• Worked with Executive Directors to develop business model and agree long term business strategy
• New project appraisal and business optimisation
• Built analyst coverage base from 1 to 12 analysts and secured invitations to high impact investor conferences. Analyst coverage included Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, GMP, Goldman Sachs, Investec, Jefferies, JP Morgan, Liberum, Macquarie, RBC and Rencap
• Handled day to day engagement with investors and analysts
• Prepared CEO and CFO presentations and messaging for analyst workshops and financial results
• Worked with CEO and CFO to actively manage analyst consensus expectations
• Developed systems to monitor investor feedback and changes to shareholder register
• Managed investor schedule to incorporate quarterly reporting, financials, conferences, site visits, marketing and expected news flow
• Worked with CFO and Corporate Secretary to improve reporting and corporate governance to FTSE 250 standards
• Planned and organised analyst/investor visits to Sierra Leone and Greenland
• Managed technical due diligence process for debt financing and listing process
• Conducted investor meetings and presented at conferences
• Crisis communications and strategy (activist investor and hostile buyout; Ebola outbreak; negative briefings from competitor; changes to tax regime and licence conditions; falling iron ore price and M&A)
• Incorporated best practice sustainability reporting into Annual Report and on website From February 2009 to October 2014 (5 years 9 months) Mining Specialist - Institutional Equity Sales @ • Specialist mining sales at a high profile resources brokerage. Clients included the three largest specialist resources funds as well as most long only and hedge funds active in the sector.
• Arranged investor roadshows and placed equity in the following deals (approximate deal size in brackets): Nikanor (£400M), Aricom (£280M), Niko Resources ($400M),Peak Gold ($325M), Gold Wheaton ($260M), Heritage Oil ($230M), Rusoro Mining ($225M), Eastern Platinum ($200M), Yamana ($200M), European Nickel ($150M) and UrAsia Energy ($140M). From August 2005 to November 2008 (3 years 4 months) London, United KingdomMining Analyst @ • Use of proprietary model to generate cost analyses and discounted cash flow valuations of mines for Brook Hunt’s base metal and gold mine studies.
• Completion of strategic consultancy work for investment banks, metals traders and mining companies.
• Conducted site visits and presented Brook Hunt’s “Outlook for Copper” to senior management of Phelps Dodge,Rio Tinto and Teck Cominco. From July 2003 to July 2005 (2 years 1 month) Weybridge, SurreyMine Geologist @ From January 2001 to August 2001 (8 months) Western Australia Area, AustraliaExploration Geologist @ From September 2000 to December 2000 (4 months) Big Bell Gold Mine
Master of Science (MSc) Mineral Project Appraisal, Mining and Mineral Engineering @ Imperial College London From 2001 to 2002 BSc (Hons), Geology @ The University of Edinburgh From 1995 to 2000 Thomas Credland is skilled in: Investor Relations, Capital Markets, Mineral Exploration, Valuation, Mining, Investment Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Minerals, Financial Modeling, Equities, IPO, Strategy, Due Diligence, Corporate Finance, Base Metals
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension