Group Human Resources Director @ Elevate Textiles (formerly ITG - International Textile Group)
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner with extensive years of experience and expertise in strategic planning, performance management, change management, team building and leadership, recruitment and retention, and process improvements. Accomplished in optimization of organizational tools and processes through structure, relationships and analytics, while meeting compliance with legal obligations, regulatory standards and labor relations practices. Successful in communications,
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner with extensive years of experience and expertise in strategic planning, performance management, change management, team building and leadership, recruitment and retention, and process improvements. Accomplished in optimization of organizational tools and processes through structure, relationships and analytics, while meeting compliance with legal obligations, regulatory standards and labor relations practices. Successful in communications, strengthening employee relationships, meeting mission-critical deadlines, and addressing the challenges of demanding environments and customer needs. Strong advocate of personal and employee development and professional training
Human Resources Manager @ Mueller Water Products, Inc., (NYSE:MWA) is a leading manufacturer and marketer of products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water in North America.
Manager of the Human Resources Department (2 direct reports) of a 500 employee facility that makes up 50% of the business segment consisting of four (4) labor unions represented under three collective bargaining agreements.
• Bridged gap between managerial behaviors to specific employee relationships (unions) to build trust and credibility through Team-building.
• Implemented new Policy for Exempt employees for OT – Previous costs exceeded $350,000 per year on compensating Supervisors OT to work on weekends. Significantly reduced costs ($200,000) and was compliant with the FLSA (Fair Labor and Standards Act). Policy is for 3 locations for standardization.
• Process improvements to data integrity – alignment on headcount and data in each production department for Workforce Planning Aspects.
• Taught LEAN Concepts through KATA (lean) concepts to HR Organization.
• Developed Standard Work for tracking of worked hours to demonstrate and provide root cause for excessive costs.
• Implemented Training Matrix for all levels of the Organization to increase cross-functional capability and better meet production demands.
• Recruited and retained top talent in Organization to meet Succession Planning goals and drive objectives. Reduced costs (Relocation and Recruitment Fees) by 50% through HRIS Recruiting systems, and utilization of Lominger – leadership architect to align needs of the Organization.
• Performance Management tools to build Succession Plan to meet Organizational Objectives from a Talent perspective. Filled “white space” gaps in Plan to promote within Organization. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaSr. Manager - Human Resources @ Sr. Manager of the Human Resources Department (2 direct reports) of a 1200 employee (500 Unionized) facility that is part of the business segment of Danaher, a global leader of integrated technology solutions in the retail petroleum industry. Supported Global Operations, which includes all the major functions as it pertains to Production, Quality, Supply Chain and Lean.
• Developed Training Matrix for all levels of Organization to decrease skill gaps in workforce and develop talent.
• Managed BOLD College Recruiting Program which included 70/20/10 Development Model to ensure a positive career path for entry level employees.
• Utilized North Carolina Incumbent Workforce Development Program (utilized for Maintenance Program and skills gap analysis).
• Successfully negotiated Collective Bargaining Agreement with local Union to achieve deliverables from an Economic and Non-Economic perspective. Results were reduction in wages ( 2nd Tier wage structure) and increase in benefits costs for all hourly workforce to match 80/20 model.
• Lead cultural change which emphasizes safety, communication, cooperation, relationship building, teamwork and productivity through Leadership Essentials Training Modules for all Executives – Certified Trainer.
• Lead process improvements throughout Organizations to reduce waste, drive efficiency and increase productivity. Kaizen Leader through multiple process improvement initiatives. Trained in Lean concepts from Problem Solving, Leadership Development and KATA coaching principles.
• Compensation Project – Redefined job descriptions to match Mercer Data to provide market benchmark data.
• Internal Fill Rates – increased form 19% to 70% - Talent Management From April 2012 to March 2014 (2 years) Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina AreaSr. Human Resource Manager @ Sr. HR Professional supporting a multi-unit/multi-business environment for a $6.4 billion global transportation industry supplier of integrated systems, modules and components. Managed (2) facilities in NC, with a combined workforce of 1000 employees with (4) direct reports, including (1) HR Manager.
• Promoted within Organization from Manager to Sr. Manager of the flagship facility.
• Implementation of Employee Handbook and Attendance Policy for fair consistent communication and accountability. (absenteeism reduced to 2% from 7%).
• Maintained Union-Free Status in major Automotive company through multiple programs including, Employees FIRST and UTR (Union Threat Response Plan).
• Increased overall morale and employee satisfaction through Associate Surveys and key Action plans addressing key components. (increased 12%).
• Strategic HR Functions – Utilization of SDP/Talent Metrics to increase bench strength and provide proper training/development.
• Engaged North Carolina Incumbent Workforce Development Program for utilization of Maintenance Program and skills gap analysis to increase overall skills.
• Built a Stronger Team through Behavior/STAR Interviewing, process improvement for recruiting
• Lead cultural change which emphasizes safety, communication, cooperation, relationship building, teamwork and productivity through the full engagement of all employees.
• Developed and oversee implementation of HR business plans at the division level by gathering internal and external perspectives, trends, and other data specific to geographic area. From July 2008 to April 2012 (3 years 10 months) Regional Human Resource Manager @ Administered support a multi-unit/multi-business environment for a Tier 1 Automotive and Consumer Industrial Products.
Managed (2) facilities in NC, with a combined workforce of 500 employees with (2) direct reports.
(company went into bankruptcy in 2008).
•Administered Needs Analysis Process to meet production for current and future forecasts of workforce. Resulted in more Lean Organization and reduction in overall labor costs.
•Developed HR Matrix to track performance, training, and processes to meet business goals. Matrix was posted in facility for communication purposes.
•Developed a strong Recruiting and Retention Program to quickly address production needs at different facilities with rapid growth.
•Influenced the design and execution of organizational change initiatives by serving as a liaison between Corporate support functions and field; acting as a human resource (HR) subject matter expert to provide input and feedback on initiatives. From April 2007 to July 2008 (1 year 4 months) Human Resource and Safety Manager @ Member of management team that operated a 250-employee consumer goods manufacturer and fabricator of glass, metal, and molded components for the appliance industry. Managed and maintained all HR and Safety functions for entire facility through tools and processes.
•Improved workforce safety with no OSHA recordable incidents by developing safety meetings and wellness programs.
•Maintained union-free environment through recognition and employee morale programs.
•Utilized Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma to meet business objectives through Workforce Planning.
•Trained and utilized SAP HR payroll module for efficiency in record-keeping and compliance.
•Developed new hire orientation to outline policy/procedures and for union-avoidance. From June 2006 to April 2007 (11 months) Human Resource Generalist @ HR lead for 4.4 billion strategic business group and a world leader in performance materials, which produced Uf6 Uranium, and was the second step in the Nuclear Fuel Cycle.
•Acting Manager for multiple facilities to deliver clear communication to management, and to the organization.
•Managed an extensive training program of 8 direct reports to meet all regulatory requirements.
•Served as Communications Officer to the government and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
•Interacted with union officials and participated in union contract negotiations.
•Ensured compliance with legal obligations, regulatory standards, and labor relations practices.
•Managed all daily activities of the UAW Union that related to the collective bargaining agreement and built effective relationships of trust and credibility with Management staff and the organization. From May 2005 to June 2006 (1 year 2 months) Regional Human Resource Manager @ Managed all functions from a Human Resources and Safety at Distribution Centers located in 4 states with 12 locations. Headquartered in Marion, ILL, produces 12 million cans of product each month. Direct reports include (3) HR Assistants at 3 locations.
•Implemented effective recruiting program to attract/retain employees and reduce turnover. Reduced turnover to 4%.
•Developed training program to increase productivity and performance and to meet demands of volumes.
•Focused on strategic planning from a lean perspective to meet demands of distribution, operations, production, scheduling, problem resolution, quality, staff hiring and training.
•Managed training and safety programs to meet regulatory compliance. Included Workers Comp cases From June 2002 to May 2005 (3 years)
Bachelor's degree @ Murray State University Terry Williams is skilled in: Strategic Planning, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Recruitment and Retention, Organizational Leadership, Policy Deployment, Ethics and Sustainability, Team Building / Leadership, Training and Education, Team Building, Succession Planning, Human Resources, Operations Management, Process Improvement, Policy, Recruiting, Change Management, Strategy