Sr Project Manager @ Midwest Construction Partners
SVP Real Estate Development and Construction Management @ d+k |architecture , interior design & management
Principal @ RECS, Incorporated
Holy Cross High School
Accomplished, highly skilled and results-driven Commercial Real Estate and Construction Executive with over 15 years of experience. Expert knowledge of real estate-related services (property management, transactions, capital markets, construction, land acquisition, etc); therefore, capable of overseeing every phase of commercial real estate development from feasibility analysis, through construction-all the way to grand opening, management to possible disposition.
Accomplished, highly skilled and results-driven Commercial Real Estate and Construction Executive with over 15 years of experience. Expert knowledge of real estate-related services (property management, transactions, capital markets, construction, land acquisition, etc); therefore, capable of overseeing every phase of commercial real estate development from feasibility analysis, through construction-all the way to grand opening, management to possible disposition. Experienced on large projects ranging from $2 to $120 million in scale in the retail, malls, office, and other commercial specialty areas.
Project expertise: Extensive breadth and depth of commercial real estate development, construction, leasing, tenant coordination and asset management for: Shopping Centers, Tenant build-out, Office Buildings, Free Standing and in-line Restaurants, Bank Facilities, Big Box Retailers, Industrial, and Medical.
Director Project and Construction Management @ A boutique architecture, interior design and project management firm with a resume comprised of diverse residential as well as commercial projects which include hospitality, medical, office, and higher education.
Oversee the owner’s representation or project management for the management division while also providing for oversight and recommendation of companywide strategy and operations.
• Develop project budgeting, estimates and takeoffs
• Recommend value engineering options
• Develop bid packages and solicit bids
• Qualify and negotiate bids through contract execution.
• Assist with procurement
• Develop and track project schedule(s)
• Supervise trades
• Run construction meetings
• Review work as it progresses and make sure it is consistent with design intent and client anticipations
• Review and process submittals, RFIs, change orders, pay requests, and assemble close-out documents. From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Principal @ •Owners Representation. Providing real estate consulting and construction management outsourced services for Banks, Non for Profits, Landlords, Corporate, Retail, Industrial, and Construction Companies.
•Real Estate development From 2009 to Present (6 years) Greater Chicago AreaConstruction and Architectural Department @ Family-owned commercial real estate company headquartered in Chicago. Ranked as the 4th largest office space property manager in the market by Crain's Chicago Business and the 11th largest overall with 17 million square feet.
• Execute the vision of company ownership for all building renovations
• Responsible for the management and timely execution of projects from design to execution.
• Oversee tenant improvements from initial concept through the construction punch list
• Procurement and analysis of multiple competitive bids for projects
• Work with municipalities for inspections and permits
• Direct architectural department to include oversight of a team of direct reports
• Negotiate and execute construction contracts.
• Motivate staff and increase production through raising moral
• Collaborate and manage property managers assigned to a given property.
• Generate project reports for status, cost and scheduling.
• Prescribed designs for entire building redevelopment or common area capex projects combining aesthetics with practical considerations.
• Create detailed plans, addressing a number of considerations, including color schemes, furnishing styles, materials and placement of specific items, while making sure to remain within budgetary constraints
• Interface with manufactures and distributors for procurement of construction materials, and building FF&E
• Provided tenant coordination and/or lease administration for incoming leases/tenants. From January 2014 to November 2014 (11 months) Greater Chicago AreaProject Manager @ Responsible for the overall planning, coordination and control of a project from inception to completion aimed at meeting a client’s requirements in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project.
• Audit construction process by reviewing construction drawings to ensure adherence to specifications while maximizing value for construction dollars.
• Qualify and pre-approve outsource subcontractors and building material suppliers.
• Conduct on-site evaluation of construction site; i.e. land , infrastructure, building systems and equipment, interior finishes, furnishings and landscaping for current and projected needs.
• Review, negotiate and approve all budgets throughout the estimating process.
• Resolve construction issues and or conflicts in a timely manner (field conditions, change orders, drawing conflicts, and code issues).
• Review project processes on an ongoing basis to continually value engineer, improve efficiency and streamline processes.
• Review, revise and improve process manuals and workflows.
• Provide building permit administration for procurement.
• Formulate scopes of work and prepares cost estimates.
• Provide oversight and technical support on construction sites and project inspections.
• Attend and present at meetings representing for the entire construction process form planning through to turnover.
• Ensure through the coaching, mentoring, and management of project team that each project is completed with the level of excellence through a total commitment to quality, budget, and timeline.
• Produce and demand the success of each project by adhering to the total project schedule.
• Ensure that each project is completed to specifications and that all closeout paperwork has been submitted in a timely manner. From November 2009 to June 2013 (3 years 8 months) Construction/Development @ Responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities included preparing design, planning, budgeting, construction, monitoring job cost & work status, preparing a project safety plan. Maintain a working relationship with owners, architects, vendors, subcontractors, lenders, A/E and legal consultants. Manage Development activities from Pro Forma generation to grand openning
•Established business strategies to grow real estate, property management and project development business
•Tracked financial targets, owned the ongoing management of GK Development team and sub-consultant contracts, revenue and cost management processes
•Managed the risk inherent in Principal Contract relationships
•Managed staffing of projects and project management talent
•Communicated and collaborated effectively with the client, multiple stakeholders
•Hire and direct all consultant team members (i.e. architects, engineers and layers)
•Brought solutions to members of the team for individual and site wide development challenges.
•Collaborated with senior management to capitalize on existing real estate assets, including, relocations, expansions, closures and other decisions that required capital investment
•Managed existing retail real estate portfolio including lease renewals and optimized occupancy costs
•Worked with a network of local brokers responsible for site identification, demographic research, mapping, and site tours
•Analyzed new store potential and prepare financial pro formas for review
•Provide zoning approval and/or zoning variances by appearing before city councils and zoning boards.
•Cultivate local, regional and national tenant relationships to ensure that store development goals (number of stores and budgets) were met.
•Provide leadership to the real estate department to ensure consistent portfolio performance and optimization.
•Efficient handling of Company’s real estate needs From April 2004 to November 2009 (5 years 8 months) Sr Project Manager and Director of Operations @ Responsible for full cycle project execution, as well as supervision of construction teams.
• Provided leadership for on-site field administration/supervision & technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foreman, subcontractors, & construction related trade personnel
• Interfaced & collaborated with owners, architects, consultants, project managers & subcontractors to resolve budget, schedule, design & field problems
• Oversaw all field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, & quality control; conducted weekly subcontractor meetings to integrate critical path planning to overcome site construction challenges
• Directed personnel in planning, coordination & execution of work on time, within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals, maintaining a safe work place, promoting & enhancing client relationships while enhancing company image
• Researched, reviewed & addressed any owner, landlord, city/state requirement or procedure to avoid project delays, ensure safety, and/or ensure client satisfaction
• Developed comprehensive understanding of project strategy & commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections
• Implemented, maintained & enforced a project site specific safety program as well as QC/QA programs in accordance with Policies/Processes, OSHA requirements, local, state, & federal laws
• Worked in partnership with key internal/external clients to maintain an updated & accurate project schedule that reflected the changes in project status that met the cost & time requirements of the project
• Promoted positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally & fairly with all subcontractors & vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times
• Maintained & reviewed punch list process to ensure all issues were addressed and executed in a timely manner
• Managed & directed all business development activities From January 1997 to January 2004 (7 years 1 month)
Holy Cross High School From 1990 to 1994 Bachelors of Science, Business Management @ Elmhurst CollegeColumbia College ChicagoAssociate Degrees, Arts @ Triton-College Ted Tzegiannakis is skilled in: Entitlements, Zoning, Permitting, Land Development, Site Planning, Contract Management, Supervisory Skills, Strategic Planning, Team Management, Program Management, Purchasing, Tenant, Modeling, Financial Modeling, Coordination
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension