Solutions Architect, Open Source Analytics & Cloud @ IBM
Lead Big Data Engineer @ eHarmony
Data Warehousing | Big Data | Business Intelligence
Strategic, client-focused engineer with experience in designing, developing, implementing and supporting Big Data and Data Warehousing systems. Equally effective designing complex applications from the ground up or re-engineering existing applications and databases to increase systems efficiency, scalability and functionality. Exceptional project management skills, able to steer design
Data Warehousing | Big Data | Business Intelligence
Strategic, client-focused engineer with experience in designing, developing, implementing and supporting Big Data and Data Warehousing systems. Equally effective designing complex applications from the ground up or re-engineering existing applications and databases to increase systems efficiency, scalability and functionality. Exceptional project management skills, able to steer design strategy, technology due diligence, systems development and deployment initiatives from conception to conclusion.
•Big Data expertise with deep experience in Enterprise Data Warehousing to deliver Hybrid Information Architecture.
•Broad set of technology skills with hands-on experience with wide variety of systems (High volume stock exchange trading systems to Terabyte class Data warehousing/Analytics Systems).
•Adept at working with diverse teams (Product Engineering, Consulting and Presales).
•Good leadership abilities, track record of managing client engagements and large global, offshore teams, driving new service offering capabilities, building delivery skills
Apache Hadoop Stack …… Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Sqoop
DWH/RDMBS ………………… DB2 UDB, Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Sybase and MS SQL Server
No SQL Data Stores ……….. Redis, MangoDB
ETL/ELT Software ………….... Ab Initio, Pentaho Data Integration and Oracle Data Integrator
BI Software ……………………... Microstrategy
Programming Languages… C, C++, Java, Python, Java Script, Shell Scripting
Others …………………………….. ANTLR, Node JS, SWT
Operating Systems …………. IBM AIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, MVS USS
Cloud infrastructures ……….Amazon EC2 and Digital Ocean.
Lead Big Data Engineer @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Principal Data Engineer, Analytics Group @ • Building critical data assets in hybrid data hub (Hadoop and Oracle DW) for Analytics and BI needs of Deem’s business units ( Travel, Offers and Finance)
• Use of Pig and Hive Data Warehouse environment for ETL and ELT.
• Migration of Deem’s Enterprise Data Warehouse from Amazon EC2 to In house Data center and integration of Hadoop with Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Microstrategy reporting environment setup for Hive Data analytics.
• Work with Offers Data Scientists team on various data needs From January 2014 to January 2015 (1 year 1 month) Phoenix, Arizona AreaSolution Architect @ •Lead development team consisting of technical leads and application architects in the Global Data Warehouse environment and managed client engagements with 12MM revenue per year.
• Conduct feasibility studies, prototyping and implement key complex modules of architecture used as blueprint for development team.
•Implement data and code reuse strategies. Review and update ETL application development methodologies. Participate in design reviews for critical projects.
•Member of strategic offering group in driving new service offerings capabilities, building delivery skills in Data related technologies, provide pre-sales support, design and implementation expertise in data integration and Data architectures and methodologies. From January 2006 to December 2013 (8 years) Phoenix, Arizona AreaSenior Consultant @ • Spearheaded architecture functions during development of Kaiser Permanente’s “Information Integration Infrastructure” environment.
• Designed and implemented Ab Initio development, quality assurance and production environments.
• Established standards for Ab Initio graph development and testing, project propagation processes, and data security model. From August 2004 to November 2005 (1 year 4 months) Software Engineer @ • Served as member of engineering team that developed products (ITMS – Integrated Trade Management System and iTrade) for securities trading brokerage firms in Indian market.
• Designed and developed most of the crucial ITMS server modules and interfacing modules with the two major Stock Exchange systems in India (NSE and BSE).
• Proposed a design solution for iTrade product and developed interface modules between ITMS and iTrade, and banks and depository systems using MQ Series. From September 1999 to July 2004 (4 years 11 months)
Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Chemical Engineering @ Andhra University College of EngineeringCollege Of Engineering, Andhra University Suresh Matlapudi is skilled in: Solution Selling, Account Management, Business Development, Team Management, Project Management, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Management, Data Integration, Big Data, ETL Architecture and Design, Ab Initio, Informatica
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension