D.T.M., Textiles Technology @
Government Polytechnic, Solapur
A result oriented professional with extensive experience in Production Planning & Control , Logistics , Warehousing , Inventory Management, Sourcing & Vendor Development in Textile Industry. Proven track record in Conceptualising , Implementing , Improvising Systems & Procedures for the PPC / Logistics / Sourcing functions in Textile industry. Instrumental in implementing ERP in all areas of
A result oriented professional with extensive experience in Production Planning & Control , Logistics , Warehousing , Inventory Management, Sourcing & Vendor Development in Textile Industry. Proven track record in Conceptualising , Implementing , Improvising Systems & Procedures for the PPC / Logistics / Sourcing functions in Textile industry. Instrumental in implementing ERP in all areas of Textile Manufacturing in three organisations .
Head - PPC / Logistics / Sourcing @ Part of Wovens & Knits Fabric Divisions of Arvind Limited, which has integrated manufacturing facilities with capacity of 11 Million Mtrs per month in Yarn Dyed , Piece Dyed , Prints & Indigo Fabric . At Knits we produce 850 MT per month of knitted finished fabric in Piece Dyed , Melange , Yarn Dyed & Print varieties.
Key Result Areas
• Production Planning & Control :
1. Heading Supply Chain functions like Production Planning & Control , Logistics , Warehousing , Sourcing of Grey fabrics.
2. Making executable production plans , monitor them for the timely implementation.
3. Assess shifting bottlenecks in entire supply chain , make decisions on make or buy depending on the cost comparison , customer’s delivery requirements.
4. Part of core group in business enabling involvement in formulating various business strategies. Assist business for making annual budgets , expansion / investment plans.
• Outsourcing & Vendor Development :
1. Identify options for sourcing grey fabrics , develop those vendors to make them work as per Arvind’s quality requirements.
• OTIF & Lead Time Monitoring :
1. Monitor OTIF for all plants as well as product categories. Analyse the gaps for non performance & make action plans for necessary improvements.
2. To ensure that all strategic customers are satisfied about turnaround time lines , OTIF etc & monitor , appraise customers about these important KPIs at regular interval.
• Inventory Management & Warehousing
1. Monitoring availability of stock, making appropriate arrangements to ensure that minimum stock levels are maintained.
2. Ensure proper stock keeping in all warehouses & SOPs are followed for all transactions like receipt , issue , audit etc.
3. Keep effective track on WIP ( Working Capital ) at all levels of operations & ensure in time actions for non moving materials in entire supply chain.
3. Monthly reconciliation of input / output materials & to ensure correct stocks are handed over to MIS / Accounts. From November 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Ahmedabad Area, IndiaHead - PPC ( Shirting,Khakhis & Knits -Life Style Fabrics) @ Head of Production Planning & Control for Shirting / Khakhis Businesses of Arvind Limited. Also Incharge of Raw Material & Finished Goods Warehouses for both businesses. From August 2007 to October 2011 (4 years 3 months) Chief Manager @ From May 2002 to August 2007 (5 years 4 months) Sr. Manager - Logistics @ Vardhman , predominant player in yarn manufacturing was initiating their expansion into grey as well as finished fabric production. Simultaneously group was engaged in implementing ERP solution for all businesses including fabrics. I was heading the planning function during this transformation phase of the company & was given a task to streamline PPC & Customer Services functions in emerging business.
Key Result Areas :
• To formalise & establish the Production Planning , Customer Services functions for Fabric Business.
• Develop a mechanism of raw material planning , interact with sister concern units for timely availability of raw material . Maintain buffer stocks of yarns to ensure uninterrupted supply to production departments.
• Develop reports to monitor the progress of orders in the entire supply chain. Analyse those reports & share critical findings to everybody in operations area.
• Inculcate the culture of delivering against commitments in fabric business. Measure the business performance in terms of OTIF , Lead Times.
• Establish a review mechanism so that objective feedbacks are given to respective production departments for improvements as far as important KPIs such as OTIF & Lead Time are concerned.
• Facilitate ERP implementation & keep business head appraised about progress of the same.
• Develop a system to monitor WIP at various levels & ensure it is under control as per the industry norms. From November 2000 to April 2002 (1 year 6 months) Manager - Logistics @ Joined Mafatlal Group as Technical Management Trainee in the Spinning department. After about two year’s experience in spinning , I was moved to weaving preparatory. The group was pioneer in high value finished fabric exports & volumes were growing. Situation demanded a formal focused planning & follow up function & I was made part of it.
Key Result Areas :
• Commitment of delivery dates , make production plans as per commitments
• Order tracking & follow up in all production areas. Keep marketing updated about order status. Measure & report OTIF of important oversees customers.
• Co-ordination with departments on various business improvement initiatives. Assist consultants to make required data on various parameters like efficiency , cost , WIP etc. From April 1994 to October 2000 (6 years 7 months)
M.Text, Textile Technology @ VJTI , Mumbai From 1989 to 1993 D.T.M., Textiles Technology @ Government Polytechnic, Solapur From 1985 to 1989 Suhas Bhise is skilled in: Textiles, Production Planning, Supply Chain Management, Sourcing, Costing, Textile Industry, Wovens, Knits, Fabric Manufacturing, Warehouse Management, New Vendor Development, Target Costing, Team Leadership, Inventory Control, ERP Implementations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension