Corporate V.P. of Operations, Vertex Precision Manufacturing and General Manager @ Dellcom Aerospace Inc.
Management Consultant @ Management Consultant
Program Manager, Supplier Management @ Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Masters Certificate @
York University - Schulich School of Business
I am a seasoned aerospace professional with experience in engineering, program management, supplier management, new product development and manufacturing. I have worked for Boeing, Bombardier, General Electric and Messier-Bugatti-Dowty in many countries over 3 continents. I have well-developed proven leadership skills with the ability to think strategically as well as tactically. I am a recognized and sought
I am a seasoned aerospace professional with experience in engineering, program management, supplier management, new product development and manufacturing. I have worked for Boeing, Bombardier, General Electric and Messier-Bugatti-Dowty in many countries over 3 continents. I have well-developed proven leadership skills with the ability to think strategically as well as tactically. I am a recognized and sought after mentor with proven ability to influence people towards achievement of objectives. Extensive technical and business experience assures a high degree of adaptability and insight in decision-making. I am an excellent communicator and team builder. In my previous position I was highly sought-after by Boeing executive leadership for resolving critical, time sensitive engineering and manufacturing issues in our global supply chain everywhere from China to Europe and North America. Consistently achieved a 100% success rate at delivering the desired results. I have an extensive network of associates and relationships in most first and second tier aerospace companies worldwide.
General Manager @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Management Consultant @ • Contracted by Messier-Dowty-Bugatti to reside at a major supplier of landing gear components to recover chronic poor performance causing risk to landing gear programs.
• Situation was 68% on-time delivery and $1.3 million in past dues.
• Employed management coaching, FMEA, KAIZEN etc. to improve both transactional and manufacturing processes.
• Accomplishment was 98% on-time delivery and $28K in past dues with sustained performance. From May 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 1 month) Program Manager, Supplier Management @ • Highly sought-after by Boeing executive leadership for resolving critical, time sensitive engineering and manufacturing issues in our global supply chain everywhere from China to Europe and North America. Consistently achieved a 100% success rate at delivering the desired results.
• Program Management leadership and developed a “working together team” to turn Goodrich Landing Gear into a reliable and high performing partner in support to Boeing landing gear procurement for 737, 747,767, 777 programs.
• Provide on-site leadership at Messier-Dowty and their global supply-chain to drive improved performance of 787 landing gear development and manufacture, in U.K., France, Montreal, China, Mexico and Toronto.
• Worked on-site at Messier-Dowty Gloucester, UK for four months to manage the on time delivery of the first two ship sets of 787-8 landing gear in 2008
• Worked on-site at GE Aerostructures, Hamble, UK for four months to manage the on-time delivery of strakelets and gap covers for the first three 787-9 wing leading edges in 2012
• Spent most of 2009 and 2010 working between France and USA managing the successful engineering development and manufacturing process for the carbon fiber braces for the 787-8 landing gear
• Successfully focused on cost reduction, quality and on-time delivery using many creative solutions from production readiness assessment through on-site process development and crisis management as applicable. From March 2006 to May 2014 (8 years 3 months) Head of Boeing & Military Programs, North America @ • As Director of Programs, responsible for Program Office for F/A-18 Super-Hornet, V-22 Osprey, AV8B Harrier and Boeing 777 aircraft landing gear systems totaling $34 million in gross sales annually, with operations and direct reports in both Canada and France. Full P&L and relationship responsibility
• Accomplishments include increasing gross sales by approx. $10 million each year, restoring a hostile relationship with Boeing Defense Systems and U.S. Navy to one of confidence and respect. Delivery and quality performance improved from 0% on time and 65% quality to consistently 100% for 4 years. Resulted in achieving the coveted Boeing Preferred Supplier Award and the Ajax Business Excellence Award. Year-over-year margin improvements on each program along with price reductions through value-stream mapping and LEAN process improvement projects. Negotiated a 5-year $98 mil contract with Boeing DS.
• My influencing skills have brought about a cultural change within the organization that has delighted our customers and earned me the respect of our site President.
• Developed a highly motivated and competent Business Management team, whose responsibilities include marketing, business development, contracts negotiation and full profit and loss accountability, in addition to providing leadership to functional organizations. From May 2001 to March 2006 (4 years 11 months) Program Manager Capital Projects @ • Manage from analysis through design, manufacture and commissioning, the on-budget, on-schedule delivery of Ultra-High Purity water purification systems for use in semiconductor manufacturing, steam generation and pharmaceutical industries. These projects range in scope from $10 to $13 million.
• Point of contact for all customers, negotiating contracts, design change applications and cost management.
• Perform weekly customer program reviews on-site at customer’s location.
• Project manage system installations and start-ups both domestic and international.
• Managed $10 million Infinion Technologies project from six weeks behind schedule, to two weeks ahead of schedule to the delight of the customer. From January 2001 to May 2001 (5 months) Manager, Manufacturing Technology @ • Implemented new business system for procurement of $200 million annual bill of material.
• Performed a major role in the company strategic planning process by providing expert analysis of manufacturing performance and capability. Provided all business cases for strategic off-load and make/buy decisions.
• Improved throughput efficiency in the engineering drawing reproduction by 300% while reducing overtime by $224,000 annually. Improved processes resulted in a reduction of lost production man-hours totaling $2.2 million over five years.
• Re-engineered the Dash-8 assembly line resulting in a 51% improvement in factory utilization. This was accomplished on budget, with no negative impact to production schedule with an annual savings to the program of $1.3 million.
• Developed an electronic data transfer system for Purchasing to enable all suppliers and sub-contractors worldwide full electronic access to necessary engineering documentation. This replaced a fully manual process, representing a savings of $2.4 million annually. From February 1998 to January 2001 (3 years) Program Manger Dash-8 commuter aircraft @ • Managed the program office for $312 million per annum commuter aircraft program.
• Developed and managed an integrated configuration control and change management system controlling and approving all engineering change for the program.
• Provided leadership to functional departments to ensure contractual requirements were met.
• Responsible for assuring an on-schedule delivery of aircraft to aircraft customers. From September 1995 to January 1998 (2 years 5 months) Manufacturing Manager @ • Set-up a satellite aircraft manufacturing plant for the production of C23B+ Sherpa aircraft. Managed the entire operation of the program totaling $28 million over three years. Eighty six direct reports.
• Managed four additional aircraft manufacturing programs simultaneously totaling $32 million with resources of 206 unionized skilled technicians and 105,000 sq. ft of manufacturing facility. From January 1993 to 1995 (2 years)
MBA, Business @ Herriot-Watt From 2005 to 2016 Masters Certificate, Operations Management and Leadership @ York University - Schulich School of Business From 1998 to 1999 Professional Manager Accreditation P.Mgr, Business Administration and Management, General @ Canadian Institute of Management From 1994 to 1999 Diploma, Business Administration and Management, General @ Canadian Institute of Management From 1994 to 1998 Steven P.Mgr is skilled in: Aerospace, Program Management, Supply Chain Management, Management Consulting, Process Improvement, Manufacturing Operations, Lean Manufacturing, Engineering Management, Aviation, Process Engineering, Contract Negotiation, Engineering, Aircraft, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension