Founding Member & Principal @ Eschbach & Associates, LLC
Bachelor of Science, Accounting @
University of Connecticut
A highly responsive, results-oriented senior-level executive with a concentration on corporate messaging, industry research, competitive analysis, financial modeling and treasury management. A proven track record of successfully managing key business relationships to enhance corporate value, increase investment,garner shareholder approval for mergers/acquisitions and raising capital. Experienced with public and private companies ranging from small, startup companies to established
A highly responsive, results-oriented senior-level executive with a concentration on corporate messaging, industry research, competitive analysis, financial modeling and treasury management. A proven track record of successfully managing key business relationships to enhance corporate value, increase investment,garner shareholder approval for mergers/acquisitions and raising capital. Experienced with public and private companies ranging from small, startup companies to established multinational conglomerates in the following industries: diversified energy, regulated utilities, technology, consumer goods and insurance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Investor relations, including writing/designing annual reports, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxies, group and one-on-one road show presentations, business plans, executive speeches, corporate disclosure policies, investor and analyst targeting programs and web site development.
• Public relations, including writing news releases, developing media kits, creating and managing brand awareness, and corporate summaries for pitching editors of trade, business and national news media as well as industry analysts and community organizations such as chambers of commerce.
• Treasury operations, including cash management, multi-year financial forecasting and modeling, pension plan and 401-K program administration and management.
• Relationship management – initiating, developing and enhancing relationships with business executives, investment professionals, government officials, and the media.
• Consensus builder among top management with strong and differing viewpoints to create concise but persuasive strategic corporate messaging.
• Frequent speaker at numerous industry conferences as well as designated as official company spokesperson.
Principal & Founding Member @ An extension of my Connecticut-based LLC established in 2007; see below. From July 2015 to Present (4 months) 2795 Spinner Court, Naperville, ILVice President - Investor Relations @ Responsible for all investor relations activities for this $5.5 billion market cap diversified energy company. Coordinated efforts of executive management team, internal staff and external consultants for effective strategic positioning and messaging to enhance shareholder value. Contributing executive to Strategic Planning Team.
Recent twelve month stock price performance exceed the broad market and utility indices due to the following:
o Increased investment community transparency by enhancing quarterly conference calls to include comprehensive slide deck to better explain financial results and prospects for future growth.
o Introduced more disciplined preparation strategies for management presentations by engaging executives in face-to-face meetings that included building consensus for effective responses to anticipated analysts’ questions.
Reduced investor relations budget by over $400,000 or 20% per year subsequent to a merger that doubled the company’s size. From May 2007 to June 2015 (8 years 2 months) Chicago, ILFounding Member & Principal @ Independently formed financial consulting firm that worked with clients on investor relations programs and represented state agencies as an expert witness on accounting and financial issues in public utility rate cases.
• Established profitable operations in the firm’s first year.
• Independently filed all necessary founding documents, tax forms, and other required materials/data with the appropriate state departments to operate as a multi-state consulting firm, avoiding legal and other consultant fees. From January 2007 to May 2007 (5 months) Southbury, CTDirector - Investor Relations and Communications @ Responsible for all external corporate communications, including investor and media relations for this $500 million market cap energy technology company.
• Developed road show presentation for $100 million convertible preferred stock offering that resulted in 5 percent over allotment for the company’s recent equity financing, its second-largest public offering.
• Increased institutional shareholder ownership from under 40 percent in September 2001 to over 60 percent in July 2006 through effective targeting and executive team meetings with buy-side analysts and portfolio managers.
• Effectively managed the activities of a cost-effective proxy solicitation firm to successfully achieve the needed quorum of shareholder votes that approved the company’s $90 million acquisition of Global Thermoelectric Inc., enhancing its solid oxide fuel cell development expertise. From September 2001 to July 2006 (4 years 11 months) Danbury, CTSenior Counselor @ Responsible for establishing and managing client relationships as a team leader, supervising internal staff and billable fees for this regional consulting firm. From January 2001 to August 2001 (8 months) Vice President - Investor Relations @ Responsible for all of the Company's external corporate communications for this web solutions development firm with $50 million in annualized revenues. From September 1999 to August 2000 (1 year) Denver, CODirector - Investor Relations @ Directed the company’s investor relations function and credit agency relationships for this $6 billion market cap diversified energy company. From June 1997 to July 1999 (2 years 2 months) Lakewood, CODirector - Cash Management and Investor Relations @ Successfully transitioned from senior financial analyst to corporate management for this natural gas distribution company with $300 million in annualized revenues. From April 1990 to June 1997 (7 years 3 months) Meriden, CTSenior Financial Analyst @ Served as expert witness for this state government agency in more than a dozen public utility rate cases, preparing and defending written/oral testimony in issues such as accounting, return on equity/assets, capital structure and public policy. From June 1985 to March 1990 (4 years 10 months) New Britain, CTFinancial Group Insurance Underwriter @ Analyzed premium and claims data for group insurance accounts and recommended appropriate rate levels for new business prospects and existing clients for these multi-billion dollar insurance companies. From July 1983 to June 1985 (2 years) Windsor, CTSenior Underwriter @ Analyzed premium and claims data for group insurance accounts and recommended appropriate rate levels for new business prospects and existing clients for these multi-billion dollar insurance firms. From June 1980 to July 1983 (3 years 2 months) Hartford, CTAssistant Store Manager @ Advanced from department manager to assistant store manager at a number of store locations for this national discount department chain. From March 1974 to June 1980 (6 years 4 months) Vernon, CT
Masters of Business Administration, Investment Finance @ University of Hartford From 1981 to 1985 Bachelor of Science, Accounting @ University of Connecticut From 1976 to 1980 High School Diploma, Business College Prep @ Brookfield High School From 1973 to 1976 Steve Eschbach is skilled in: Investor Relations, Mergers, Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling, Strategy, Corporate Communications, Competitive Analysis, Start-ups, Media Relations, Investments, Cash Management, Finance, Accounting, Corporate Finance, New Business Development, Valuation, Management, Due Diligence, Treasury Management, Public Relations, Program Management, Capital Markets, IPO, Leadership, CRM, Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Research, Strategic Planning, Budgets, Energy, Executive Management, Analysis, Forecasting, Corporate Development, Risk Management, SEC filings
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension