Certificate, Computer Programming @
Information Technology Leader with expertise in designing and delivering Microsoft Office SharePoint Server planning and implementation services that significantly improve productivity and reduce costs internally and for a wide variety of client companies. Expertise includes requirements gathering, defining and executing implementation plans, recommending solutions for minimized hardware investments, training clients, and serving as overall subject matter expert
Information Technology Leader with expertise in designing and delivering Microsoft Office SharePoint Server planning and implementation services that significantly improve productivity and reduce costs internally and for a wide variety of client companies. Expertise includes requirements gathering, defining and executing implementation plans, recommending solutions for minimized hardware investments, training clients, and serving as overall subject matter expert (SME). Innovative, creative, and resourceful in discovering or designing solutions, easily adapting to and applying new technology. Analytical problem solver and critical thinker. Superior leadership, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Comfortable with technical and non-technical people on all levels of an organization.
Lead Consultant @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Principal Architect @ From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Global Collaboration Architect @ From October 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 1 month) SharePoint SME and Director of Microsoft Solutions @ Optimize business collaboration functions for a broad client base while contributing to revenue generation and customer satisfaction by planning and executing SharePoint implementations and upgrades, as well as various other projects such as e-commerce installations.
• Contributed to $1+ million in revenue over a 1-year period by assisting with sales closes as the primary pre-sales contact.
• Delivered a $100,000 cost savings and significantly increased productivity and efficiency by migrating the company to a hosted email exchange server.
• Enhanced and streamlined internal communication and collaboration processes while saving $40,000 by implementing SharePoint and Lync.
• Spearheaded numerous client projects; gathered requirements from C-Level executives, reviewed existing infrastructure, tested environments, functionality, security, failover, fail-back, and disaster recovery, transferred knowledge, performed production cut-overs, and migrated data.
• Created web applications, prepared for migration, installed applications, furnished documentation, facilitated substantial hardware cost savings via recommendations, and served as an SME resource.
• York Telecom: Provided a more robust collaboration system by upgrading an under-utilized WSS 3.0 installation to SharePoint 2010; client IT department desired a improved method of furnishing policies and documentation to all team members; saved client $30,000 in hardware costs via server recommendations.
• New England Baptist Health: Dramatically improved client capabilities and productivity by upgrading a WSS 3.0 installation that was designed as a test system but utilized as a live system with no established best practices.
• Corporate Graphics: Provided the means to generate an estimated $1 million in additional revenue for the client within the first year by designing and implementing an e-commerce site to open new revenue streams. From September 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 5 months) SharePoint Solutions Architect @ Successfully delivered 60+ client projects for entities from small 100 seat environments to full enterprise deployments of 25,000 users within a broad industry base from government to medical to hospitality, to communications, and more; provided Microsoft SharePoint Deployment and Planning Services (SDPS) including architecting, planning, and executing MOSS 2007 and WSS v3 environments employing industry-standard best practices.
• Increased internal efficiency while saving ~$100,000 by in-house planning and implementation of an upgrade from SPS 2003 to MOSS 2007, eliminating the need to hire outside resources for the upgrade process.
• Played a key role in closing $2+ million in SharePoint business by serving as the primary technical pre-sales expert.
• Oklahoma Department of Commerce: Provided a 4-week quick start service of assessment, design, and deployment of a SharePoint solution and onsite end-user training that specifically addressed the organization's environment and needs.
• Brighthouse Networks: Significantly reduced hold times and increased customer satisfaction throughout all areas serviced by planning and developing a knowledge base for customer service call centers employing SharePoint 2007.
• Chipolte: Reduced the time for regional managers to access key metrics from remote restaurant locations by identifying pain points, and planning and documenting a solution allowing streamlined reporting processes.
• Papa Johns: Facilitated collaboration on documentation by consulting on the full lifecycle planning and implementation of a new SharePoint environment.
• Spirent: Modernized internal communication and collaboration processes by replacing an outdated legacy system with SharePoint 2010.
• Commvault: Replaced a manual paper-based system of working through marketing plans, as well as the methods of storing developer documentation and code reviews, with a large-scale SharePoint 2007 implementation. From January 2010 to September 2010 (9 months) Senior SharePoint Consultant @ From June 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 8 months) SharePoint Admin/Senior developer @ Led a team of global administrators and developers in multiple complex projects, and served in an advisory role to the Director of Application Development with regard to existing and future technologies.
• Increased accuracy in sales forecasting by contributing to the creation and maintenance of a sales planning and budgeting tool for global sales team.
• Ensured smooth rollout and application compatibility by collaborating on all Citrix projects.
• Liaised with the finance department on a Cognos Finance project.
• Provided collaboration tools by architecting, developing, and administering a company-wide intranet employing Microsoft SharePoint Portal 2003 and Windows SharePoint Services; created an upgrade plan for SharePoint 2007 in the intranet.
• Implemented and maintained network load balanced web servers with SQL 2000/2005 database server connected to a SAN.
• Enhanced internal knowledge base by authoring a custom SharePoint training program for company employees and training domestic and Latin American users.
• Developed SharePoint custom applications using ASP.NET and SQL Server; transitioned SQL 2000 environments to SQL 2005 and upgraded Commerce Server 2002 to a Commerce Server 2007 environment.
• Improved global communication by designing and deploying an instant messaging system using Live Communication Server 2003; established the Internet website design. From March 2001 to June 2007 (6 years 4 months)
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems @ Saint Leo University From 2004 to 2011 Certificate, Computer Programming @ CITTONE INSTITUTE From 1995 to 1996 Stephen Scott is skilled in: SharePoint Server 2010, Office SharePoint server 2007, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, SharePoint Designer 2007/2010, SQL Server /2005/2008/2008R2, ControlPoint, Metalogix, Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/7, MS Visual Studio 2003/2005/2010, Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server, Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, Business Intelligence, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, Information Technology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension