Vice President, Eisai Strategic Information Systems @
I am an experienced CIO/CTO and enterprise IT leader who has demonstrated success at small, mid-size and large life science companies. I have delivered solutions in both public and private companies and have led projects on a global scale. My leadership style inspires my teams to challenge the status quo and focus on delivering valuable results for
I am an experienced CIO/CTO and enterprise IT leader who has demonstrated success at small, mid-size and large life science companies. I have delivered solutions in both public and private companies and have led projects on a global scale. My leadership style inspires my teams to challenge the status quo and focus on delivering valuable results for the organization.
Specialties: Executive Leader – IT and Functional, Business Strategy, Change Management, Leadership, Board Interaction, Business Transformation, Strategic Organizational Design, Performance Management, Talent Management, Global Orientation, Outsourcing and Vendor Management, Cloud Computing, Co-location Data Centers
Research Director @ Conduct inquiries with Gartner clients and briefings with vendors and formulate positions and predictions regarding the technology aspects of commercialization topics (CRM, revenue management, contract management, compliance) for the life sciences arena. Author research documents related to above topics. Support clients looking for assistance in vision, strategy, architecture, vendor evaluation and selection processes, implementation approaches, and support models. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Chief Information Officer @ Lead Savient's information technology and facilities team. As a member of Executive Committee work with the CEO and senior executive team to define an IT Strategy directly aligned and in support of primary business goals to deliver shareholder value for a growing biotech company. Existing responsibilities leading IT and Facilities organization augmented with Human Resources function in August of 2012.
• Upon hiring, quickly evaluated team, established organizational strategy, hired key new team leaders and stabilized infrastructure and IT support structure. Aligned IT initiatives with business strategy and gained agreement with executive committee peers on key projects and investments.
• Led organization in the selection of new corporate office location. Negotiated lease terms, selected architectural firm, project management team and general construction company. Led cross functional team to complete corporate move to new office. Design considerations included improvements for employee collaboration, technology and document storage. Move completed with no downtime for employees. Monthly rent reduced by over 22%. Leveraged existing furniture at new space and avoided 500k capital investment.
• Savient faced with aging technology platforms with minimal resources to adequately support the environment. Led effort to select SaaS based solutions for purchase to pay, content management, customer relationship management, learning management and corporate email. Multiple new solutions rolled out in 2012 and support volume declined significantly. Reduced service desk costs, external consulting support and increased service offerings.
• Recommended need for corporate vision and strategy definition to CEO. Asked to and subsequently facilitated session with Executive Management to develop core values, principal and vision. Sponsored team to develop final version of vision and values. From February 2011 to August 2013 (2 years 7 months) Bridgewater, NJVP, Information Technology @ Lead Information Technology organization for growing biotech company (25m expense, 10m capital and 50+ FTE’s). Establish IT strategy linked to business strategies and ensure necessary IT resources, initiatives and platforms are in place to support company growth. Develop and maintain relationships with senior business leaders. Establish and lead an IT governance structure in alignment with company business objectives. Member of Management Committee.
• Successfully developed and executed 100 Day Plan to quickly evaluate IT organization, develop stakeholder relationships, understand key business strategies and improve communication. Implemented IT Leadership engagement process to strengthen internal IT relationships. Led IT Leadership team to develop first ever ImClone IT Vision and Principles directly connected to recently established ImClone strategic business vision.
• ImClone was expanding globally to support Phase III clinical trials for several antibodies. Developed IT approach to enable international expansion and improve infrastructure security and reliability. Completed design and subsequent vendor selection process for global MPLS network and data center co-location provider. Implemented new global network and migrated primary data center assets to new co-location facility. Migrated global organization from dated and unstable Lotus Notes mail platform to Microsoft Exchange and Outlook. New international locations were connected to US locations and enabled with unified communications tools (desktop video, instant messaging, presence, voice over IP telephones). Avoided multi-million dollar capital investment to build internal data center space. From April 2008 to February 2011 (2 years 11 months) Variety of Positions @ Held a variety of positions from 1993 to 2008 with select highlights listed below.
Led global team (Orion) during implementation of enterprise services platform at multiple operating units. Platform is in production use at multiple locations. Additional projects are implementing new business processes and connecting systems of record across functional and geographic units delivering quantifiable benefits to the organization measured by employee productivity, cycle time reduction and IT asset reuse. Conducted global conference connecting business and information technology professionals from 13 operating countries.
Implemented portal based technology to support global research knowledge management environment. Solution offers research employees a single point of access to information and applications related to discovery projects.
Directed CRM Team during roll out of Siebel to US Prescription Medicine sales force. New solution successfully rolled out in to 1,800 sales representatives.
Implemented web based system to support collaboration with copromotion partner. Solution enabled multiple detail sales representatives from BI and copromotion partner to share information and coordinate call plans.
Led all technical activities for $40M Symphony Project (BI SAP R/3 implementation) including all budgeting, hiring, technical infrastructure, system integration, conversion and software development. Direct link to CIO for Symphony project. Project went live on time on 12/4/2000 and delivered in excess of $9M in annual benefits to the company. Implementation scope included FI/CO, MM, PP, SD and HR. From April 1993 to April 2008 (15 years 1 month)
Bachelor of Arts, Communications, Minor - Computer Science @ Rowan University Stephen Davies is skilled in: Business Process..., Change Management, Enterprise Architecture, Business Strategy, SaaS, SOA, International Project..., Managerial Finance, Business Transformation, Executive Level..., Leadership, Staff Development, CRM, Team Building, Business Process, Management, Governance, Process Improvement, 21 CFR Part 11, Strategy, Software Development, Mergers & Acquisitions, Program Management, Business Intelligence, SAP, Data Center, Project Portfolio..., Pharmaceutical Industry, Integration, Information Technology, Business Process..., Project Management, Cross-functional Team..., Cloud Computing, Business Analysis, IT Strategy, Executive Management, Strategic Planning, Biotechnology, IT Management, ERP, FDA, Team Leadership, Performance Management, Enterprise Software, Change Control, Talent Management, Outsourcing, Computer System...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension