M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Technology @
Københavns Universitet / University of Copenhagen
I am a pharmaceutical scientist with expertise in powder flow properties and characterization of solid dosage forms. I have created scientific results in collaboration with stakeholders from both the pharmaceutical industry as well as academic and public institutions. I have also obtained a unique combination of theoretical knowledge and practical experience with optimization of powder flow, process
I am a pharmaceutical scientist with expertise in powder flow properties and characterization of solid dosage forms. I have created scientific results in collaboration with stakeholders from both the pharmaceutical industry as well as academic and public institutions. I have also obtained a unique combination of theoretical knowledge and practical experience with optimization of powder flow, process design and formulation of solid dosage forms. Hence, I can contribute with the latest research-based knowledge in pharmaceutical technology. Finally, I have a broad international network within the pharmaceutical field as well as connections to some of the world-leading experts in the field of powder technology.
Formulation Scientist @ Novo Nordisk is on a voyage towards the development and production of oral formulations of proteins. The ambition is to develop break-through products based on orally available versions of insulin and GLP-1 analogues. My work involves CMC activities for formulation/process development, pilot production, scale-up and analysis of solid protein dosage forms towards clinical trials. From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Committee Member of Pharmadanmark's Pharmaceutical Product Design Network @ Pharmadanmark is the association for all professionals employed in the Danish medicinal, biotech or medtech businesses both within the private and the public sector.
The vision of the Pharmaceutical Product Design (PPD) network is to exchange knowledge about current development in research among professionals working within the field of pharmaceutical product design including medical devices. Additionally, the group actively works to increase collaboration between academia, regulatory, and industry professionals by arranging network events with participation from all parties.
The PPD plans to arrange network events highlighting the latest innovative approaches within pharmaceutical product and device design and their potential applications. We also focus on creating an informal platform, where the ideas and innovation generated in academia can be evaluated for their application potential in the industry and vice versa. Our aim is to create a platform for future collaboration possibilities and initiating a closer dialogue between academia and industry, as well as regulatory professionals.
For more information please see:
https://www.pharmadanmark.dk/netvaerk/Sider/Pharmaceutical-Product-Design.aspx From October 2013 to October 2015 (2 years 1 month) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkPhD Student @ Industrial partners:
H. Lundbeck A/S. www.lundbeck.com
DFM - Danish Fundamental Metrology. www.dfm.dtu.dk
- Research: Investigation of how particle properties in combination with process equipment affect the flow properties of powders at bulk level during processing.
- Techniques: Shear testing, Jenike’s silo design procedure, particle size measurements with laser diffraction, loss on drying with infrared moisture analyser, dynamic vapour sorption, theory of sampling and surface characterization with profilometry and atomic force microscopy.
- Courses: Bulk solids technology, chemometrics and matlab etc.
- Communication: I have presented my research both nationally and abroad, e.g. at Powders and Particles (Århus, 2014), AAPS (San Antonio, 2013), NRC (Copenhagen, 2013), PARTEC (Nuremburg 2013), Nordforsk (Tartu, 2013), PSSRC (Lisbon, 2012) and NRC (Oslo, 2012).
- Teaching: Drug Production in a GMP-environment (Lab course). My teaching tasks included unit operations related to tablets, i.e. sieving, blending, tableting, granulation and coating, as well as statistics, i.e. ANOVA, design of experiments (DoE) using multiple linear regression (MLR) models and statistical process control.
- Outcome: Understanding of bulk solids handling and characterization in relation to pharmaceutical formulations and unit operations. With this knowledge, I am able to design new products and/or processes that limit the risk of segregation (poor content uniformity), caking and shut-down periods in production plants due to cohesive and mechanical arching by selecting proper processing equipment. Furthermore, the techniques are useful for optimization of existing processes.
- Results: I have contributed with my knowledge to trouble-shoot and solve powder-related formulation and manufacturing issues at H. Lundbeck. Further, my research has contributed with important knowledge in order to improve powder flow characterization for pharmaceutical applications. From September 2011 to January 2015 (3 years 5 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkCommittee Member of Pharmadanmark's Public Section / Bestyrelsesmedlem i Pharmadanmark - Stat @ Pharmadanmark is the association for all professionals employed in the Danish medicinal, biotech or medtech businesses both within the private and the public sector.
The aim of the committee's work is to manage the members' professional, social and network interests.
For more information please see:
www.pharmadanmark.dk/english/Sider/default.aspx From April 2012 to April 2014 (2 years 1 month) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkMaster's Thesis Student @ Title of thesis: Investigation of Rheological Methods for Powder Characterization - An Empirical Approach to Support Quality by Design (QbD) based Drug Product Development. From February 2011 to June 2011 (5 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkResearch Assistant @ Laboratory engaged with research projects aiming to design and test new improved insulin products for diabetic patients. Personally, I worked within an area of preclinical insulin pharmacology including pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic studies on new insulins with focus on the euglycaemic glucose technique. . From March 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 4 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkScientific Intern @ Development of multivariate chemometric calibration models (PLS) for on-line determination of API content uniformity in tablets. The data was obtained by near-infrared (NIR) reflection spectroscopy and initially analyzed by PCA prior to the construction of the PLS models. From February 2010 to June 2010 (5 months) Copenhagen Area, Denmark
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Pharmaceutical Technology @ Københavns Universitet From 2011 to 2015 M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Technology @ Københavns Universitet / University of Copenhagen From 2009 to 2011 B.Sc. (Pharmacy), Pharmaceutical Sciences @ Københavns Universitet / University of Copenhagen From 2006 to 2009 Søren Vinter Søgaard is skilled in: Chemometrics, Pharmaceutical Development, Powder Technology, Atomic force microscopy, Shear testing, University Teaching, Powder Processing, Design of Experiments, Nanoindentation, AFM, Pharmaceutical Industry, Characterization, Product Development
Looking for a different
Søren Vinter Søgaard?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension