Business System Analyst @ Metro Vancouver (formally GVRD)
Business Systems Analyst @ Telus Health
Business Systems Analyst @ Provincial Health Services Authority
Customer-oriented and professional Business Analyst / Project Manager with more than 10 years in the IT Industry. Significant experience in accounting and business combined with certificates in Project Management and Software Engineering. Recognized for excellence in analysis, documentation, process development and problem solving skills. Works well independently but also values a team environment, where individual ideas and
Customer-oriented and professional Business Analyst / Project Manager with more than 10 years in the IT Industry. Significant experience in accounting and business combined with certificates in Project Management and Software Engineering. Recognized for excellence in analysis, documentation, process development and problem solving skills. Works well independently but also values a team environment, where individual ideas and creativity are used to achieve greater outcomes. Inspires others to strive for above average results by facilitating flexible, open communications and leading by example.
Business System Analyst @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Business Systems Analyst @ Team lead for North West Territories project, which involved customizations of existing electronic medical records system on a very tight time-line and limited resources. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Business Systems Analyst @ Assist with User Acceptance Testing Management, Assist with Tier 2 User Account Support, Process Documentation and Guides. From June 2013 to January 2014 (8 months) Business Analyst - Dean's Office - Faculty of Medicine (MedIT) @ Business Analysts must analyze and synthesize information provided by a large number of people who interact with the business, such as customers, staff, IT professionals, and executives. The Business Analyst is responsible for eliciting the actual needs of stakeholders, not simply their expressed desires. In many cases, the Business Analyst will also work to facilitate communication between organizational units. In particular, Business Analysts often play a central role in aligning the needs of business units with the capabilities delivered by information technology, and may serve as a “translator” between those groups. From November 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 3 months) Business Data Analyst @ Analyzed requirements for ISO Audit of required training records. Designed and implemented data design and SSRS Reports to comply with ISO Audit.
Designed process using MS Excel Visual Basic modules to import and export data from complex MS Excel worksheets (Reports) to and from SQL Server. From May 2011 to September 2011 (5 months) BusinessProcess and Data Analyst, Project Manager @ * Managed all areas of re-engineering the core business application including Business Case, Business Process Analysis, Requirements Documentation, as well as hired resources, managed timelines and created project progress reports, resulting in a more stable application with an easier user interface, significantly increasing customer service efficiency.
* Analyzed and implemented user requests into in-house application, providing more efficient data access which resulted in faster customer service and higher customer and employee satisfaction levels.
* Designed and implemented a complex application which allowed users to input mass entries and updates quickly, as well as dynamically generate reports based on editable data templates and user selections, resulting in increased customer service and satisfaction.
* Analyzed data from various sources and developed a process for importing into a centralized database which was utilized to develop customized reports using Crystal Reports software, providing the ability to track monthly and daily business levels and profits. From October 2005 to January 2011 (5 years 4 months) Project Manager / Database Administrator @ * Managed data conversion process for thousands of historical documents imported to the Agile System. Wrote scripts and liaised with external consultants ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information.
* Implemented development of task oriented, process manuals for Database Administration and Clarify technical support, which facilitated the Operation Support Team’s ability to support the systems, in the absence of the specific technical experts, which ensured smooth running of applications and uninterrupted international customer service by the call center.
* Mentored and assisted others in modeling and developing smaller applications in several departments. The accuracy and portability of the applications developed was greatly enhanced and employee confidence and satisfaction with the applications was improved.
* Selected to further develop a complex, excel based application, which was critical to the international sales force ePortal plans. Project deemed to be a top priority within Creo, because it was expected to facilitate sales increases in equipment and especially media sales, which would have a direct impact on the bottom line.
* Developed custom forms to track customer and sales information for the Clarify System, which enabled the call center to provide exceptional customer service.
* Selected to be DBA Analyst and System Developer on an international system used by engineers throughout Canada and the United States. Transformed the existing application into a newer, more stable technology, which greatly enhanced customer service, by providing timely information to field service engineers.
* Implemented and set up a first of its kind computer based elearning center for use by 4,000 plus employees worldwide. The learning center was up and running on time and with minimal disruptions. From 2001 to 2004 (3 years) Senior Consultant/Project Manager @ * Conducted analysis; designed and developed a commercial vehicle tracking system for Vancouver Airport Authority, allowing billing to proceed more accurately and efficiently.
* Analyzed, recommended and implemented solutions to resolve the problem of extremely slow responses on a custom developed application for Chancery Software, which reduced data entry time by 90%.
* Conducted analysis and implemented an enhancement to reservation, booking and ticketing system for Harbour Cruises, including credit card authorization over the internet, and incorporated a specialized ticket printing module allowing agents to respond quickly to telephone reservations and inquiries.
* Conducted analysis to gain requirements from various clients and created proposal presentations; created request for quote analysis, prepared proposals, managed and facilitated communications with development teams, and conducted project progress tracking and managed client expectations. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years)
Certificates in Software Engineering, Project Management, Business Analysis, Business, Analysis, Project Management, Software Engineering, Business Analysis @ The University of British Columbia From 2002 to 2012 Sherry Matthews is skilled in: Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Use Case Analysis, Process Modeling, Metrics Definition, Software Analysis, Software Project Management, Software Design, Business Rules, Gap Analysis, User Acceptance Testing, Requirements Analysis, Business Process, Documentation, Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension