Communication and Media Studies, 3.75 GPA (4.0 Scale) @
Colorado State University-Pueblo
As an event planning, people operations, and business services professional, I carry with me a versatile set of expertise. I excel in communication, cultural competency, business management, advocacy, professional public speaking, and social media/marketing. I have worked in a wide variety of fields, including higher education, community organizations, start-up businesses, tech. companies, as well as the nonprofit
As an event planning, people operations, and business services professional, I carry with me a versatile set of expertise. I excel in communication, cultural competency, business management, advocacy, professional public speaking, and social media/marketing. I have worked in a wide variety of fields, including higher education, community organizations, start-up businesses, tech. companies, as well as the nonprofit sector. I have contributed to nonprofits such as I AM THAT GIRL, Miracle Corners of the World and assisted with start-up small businesses like True North Network LLC. and Different Is In.
Recruiting Coordinator @ Actively maintain clear lines of communication with recruiters, hiring managers and candidates - from entry-level all the way to senior leadership hires. By providing great customer service and smoothly managing all the details, I contribute to the overall success of the Staffing team.
1. Support client groups with recruiting processes including scheduling interviews, organizing candidate travel arrangements, hosting candidates on campus, reserving conference rooms and liaising with candidates, leaders at Google and their administrative partners, as appropriate.
2. Create and distribute employment-related correspondence.
3. Communicate professionally, tactfully and with the utmost diplomacy at all times, treating all candidates with dignity and respect and maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
4. Arrange special requests and provide a high-touch experience appropriate to the candidate’s needs. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Multicultural Program Coordinator @ The Access & Diversity Center is an organization that aims to promote access, enhance students’ educational experience, partner for retention, foster responsible citizenship, and develop diverse student leaders at Utah State University.
• Mental Health Is No Joke Awareness Week
• Martin Luther King Jr. Candlelight Vigil
• Banquets: Finding Asia, Soul food Dinner
• Privilege Training Workshop
• Leadership Training 101
• Understanding the Importance of Race and Diversity
• Changing the Fate
• Served on 2015 Utah NASPA Conference Committee
• Assisted with Interview process for Coordinators, Interns, and Work Study positions
• Assisted in the development of a semi-annual newsletter
• Managed social media and marketing for the ADC
• Researched, Developed and Facilitated a Privilege Training Workshop
• Created a CMST 4250 Student Internship on Privilege
• Climate Change with an emphasis on Diversity Inclusion: Research and Implementation
• Advised: Asian Student Union, I Am That Girl, Black Student Union, Polynesian Student Union
Invited Lectures/Speaking Engagements:
• National Association for Multicultural Education Conference
• Latino College Immersion Program
• Martin Luther King Jr. Vigil, Soul Food Dinner, African Night
• Facilitate OutSpoken Panels for the LGBTQA Ally Training workshop
• Bystander Intervention Lecture From August 2014 to June 2015 (11 months) Supervisor & Sales Representative @ Pondera Service's served as a liaison between the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety and their clients. As one of the largest organizations of it's kind, helping people overcome anxiety and depression, our role as a company was to expand their area of influence and help bridge the gap between anxiety and stability.
• Assisted with hiring new employees
• Developed and delivered training system for new employees
• Supervised 20-25 employees
• Helped develop the scripts used
• Sold: self-help programs, vitamins, coaching packages
• Used Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help people struggling with anxiety and depression
• Developed lesson plans for clients
• Mentored/Advocated for people of all backgrounds From July 2011 to October 2013 (2 years 4 months) Office of Student Activities @ From 2012 to 2013 (1 year)
Bachelor's Degree, Communication and Media Studies, 3.7 GPA (4.0 Scale) @ Utah State University From 2012 to 2014 Communication and Media Studies, 3.75 GPA (4.0 Scale) @ Colorado State University-Pueblo From 2011 to 2012 Associate's Degree, Speech Communication and Rhetoric, 3.75 GPA (4.0 Scale) @ College of Southern Idaho From 2008 to 2011 Sheree Haggan is skilled in: Public Speaking, Leadership Development, Event Planning, Team Building, Research, Customer Service, Social Media, Cultural Competency, Management, Leadership, Recruiting, Scheduling
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension