Results-driven demand generation leader with a background in building revenue generating infrastructures and teams from the ground up. Experienced in creating marketing and SDR teams, thought leadership material, lead life-cycles, predictable and scalable revenue models, and the promotion and awareness of the corporate brand. Passionate about sales/marketing alignment and marketing organizations recognized as revenue generators -- not
Results-driven demand generation leader with a background in building revenue generating infrastructures and teams from the ground up. Experienced in creating marketing and SDR teams, thought leadership material, lead life-cycles, predictable and scalable revenue models, and the promotion and awareness of the corporate brand. Passionate about sales/marketing alignment and marketing organizations recognized as revenue generators -- not cost centers.
Vice President, Marketing @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaHead of Global Demand Generation & Marketing Operations @ As the Global Head of Demand Generation and a second-line manager, I am responsible for significantly accelerating demand for Quantcast’s offerings with highly effective, integrated, measurable, profitable and repeatable programs to fuel the customer life-cycle. Along with Demand Generation, I developed and implemented strategies for customer marketing and online brand awareness.
• Built, managed and coached a demand generation department of 10 employees from the ground up.
• Created a predictable, scalable model to drive significant global revenue.
• Generated high quality marketing-driven pipeline for North America, EMEA, and other global markets.
• Created the infrastructure and foundation for a robust, predictable customer acquisition lifecycle.
• Developed a full-funnel approach including: online brand awareness, content marketing and lead generation, lead nurturing and qualification, sales handoff and follow up, customer marketing, and win-back campaigns.
• Worked with Sales leaders on the creation and development of the SDR (sales development rep) function. This role is responsible for the follow up of qualified marketing leads and establishing appointments with Sales after BANT qualification. From January 2012 to October 2015 (3 years 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Demand Generation Manager @ Primarily responsible for upper funnel performance including sourcing demand gen programs to meet prospect metrics requirements and managing the “big rock” programs that involved larger investments.
• Negotiated and maintained relationships with vendors to source $250k of the demand generation monthly budget- averaging a $50 cost per prospect (qualified lead).
• Sourced programs such as trade shows, virtual shows, content syndication, email blasts and joint webinars.
• Managed the demand gen portion of our titanium sponsorship at Dreamforce- $1 mil company investment. From May 2011 to January 2012 (9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDemand Generation Manager @ Employee 19 at a series B startup - responsible for US and International lead generation. Worked closely with all teams to maximize lead acquisition rates and funnel movement.
• Developed demand marketing programs, including planning campaign scope, developing content, execution and measurement.
• Drove new leads, nurtured existing prospects and penetrated an installed base to drive upsell opportunities.
• Chose and executed all domestic and international trade shows. From August 2010 to May 2011 (10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaMarketing Campaign Manager @ • Managed lead lifecycle – from acquisition, nurturing, tracking, scoring, and qualifying for sales.
• Nurtured leads with complex, multi-track, drip campaigns, delivering collateral to brand Ketera as thought leaders in the procurement space.
• Salesforce administrator- created fields & campaigns, as well as dashboards and reports for exec staff.
• Managed and improved the content for the corporate website using a CMS. From January 2008 to August 2010 (2 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSAG actress/writer @ • 4 Starring, 7 Lead, and 4 Supporting Roles in Independent Films. Lead in a Pilot.
• Designed self promotional collateral including flyers, postcards, print media, demo reels, and website.
• Sold screenplay to independent production company. Wrote two others.
• Worked on a number of film sets taking on various production roles. (PA, 2nd AC, Crafts, Editing, etc)
• Maintained numerous side jobs including: bartender, server, chess teacher, math tutor, martial arts instructor, telemarketer, etc. From December 2002 to December 2007 (5 years 1 month) Marketing Development (contract) @ • Development of the marketing section of business plan.
• Identified potential clients, affiliates and partners, and overall marketing strategy. From May 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 6 months) Marketing Intern @ • Organizing, nurturing and maintaining cross-marketing relationships with partners
• Identifying and acquiring high-visibility, niche-specific banner ad locations
• Acquired by Digital River in 2002 From June 1999 to September 1999 (4 months)
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology; 2002 @ University of California, Berkeley Sheel Gupta is skilled in: Marketing, Sales, Market Planning, Salesforce.com, Demand Generation, SaaS, Marketo, Email Marketing, Lead Generation, Integrated Marketing, Goats, Strategy, Online Advertising, Online Marketing, Customer Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension