Broad Summer Residency @ Pittsburgh Public Schools
Bachelor of Arts @
University of California, Los Angeles
I am a highly talented finance professional with proven ability to identify and implement operational processes to lead organizational efficiency. I have a deep understanding of how finances relate to organizational opportunity and can communicate effectively, helping to inform strategic decision making. I am exceptionally adaptable and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver on the
I am a highly talented finance professional with proven ability to identify and implement operational processes to lead organizational efficiency. I have a deep understanding of how finances relate to organizational opportunity and can communicate effectively, helping to inform strategic decision making. I am exceptionally adaptable and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver on the vision.
My passion is to drive social impact to improve communities and lives across the globe. My work is lead by what's right for the vision, the model, and the team within an organization with an ambitious social mission. I am highly skilled at creatively thinking about, and leveraging, resources, including external connections
Senior Director, Finance and Operations @ Promoted to Director with management responsibility. Then promoted to Senior Director with broader responsibility over all Foundation financial strategy and management.
- Project future cash inflow from subscription model and outflow in regards to operations and external grant making. Provide margin analysis to drive strategic decisions regarding cash reinvestment model.
- Lead month end close process, budget vs actual analysis, and management reporting. Engage with management team in regards to expense management and prioritization.
- Oversee financial statement reporting, tax returns, and all internal and external audits.
- Lead content creation for Board operational and financial reviews, as well as semiannual Board and committee meetings.
- Manage compensation planning and execution for all employees driven by sales and customer success variables.
- Lead finance and human resources systems implementation to address needs presented by organizational growth and complexity. From October 2010 to Present (5 years 1 month) San Francisco, CAFinance and Operations Manager @ Built and executed business and finance processes involved in launching a Social Enterprise. Continuously manage all financial and operational responsibilities associated sustainable cash generation.
- Manage team that completes deals desk support, fulfillment, invoicing, and collections. $10M over 2 years. Ensure customer compliance and timely fulfillment of Foundation Product Discount and Donation Program.
- Handle monthly accounting for revenue and commissions. Report actuals and forecasted all balance sheet and income statement line items related to sales activity.
- Manage and report quarterly sales metrics, providing benchmarking and projection analysis for Sales team.
- Engage Sales and IT teams to streamline operations and build infrastructure to enable 40% annual growth. From January 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 10 months) San Francisco, CACredit Analyst @ Performed financial analysis and detailed underwriting for non-profits with the goal of expanding capital market.
- Determined credit worthiness and debt capacity of health care, charter school, and affordable housing organizations.
- Projected future and spread historical income statements and balance sheets with detailed assumptions.
- Prepared loan reviews and credit risk recommendations on existing customer loans ranging from $1M to $15M.
- Developed complex deals using government programs such as New Markets Tax Credits. From June 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 7 months) Oakland, CABroad Summer Residency @ Initiated and managed all aspects of High School Reform Task Force with the goal of reinventing 10 high schools.
- Managed 24 member strategic team summit, resulting in dedication of $255K in funds and time to reform initiative.
- Researched and educated team on national reform trends, best practices and high-performing, innovative schools.
- Coordinated 500 person conference to build community engagement for upcoming reinvention of high schools.
- Created comprehensive data analysis process for 65 principals to use in school improvement plans. From June 2006 to August 2006 (3 months) Pittsburgh, PASenior Finance Business Analyst @ Led finance partnership with manufacturing operations,marketing, and professional services teams in efforts to drive cost efficiencies and processes.
- Managed and analyzed inventory cost of $1.8B for Cisco’s primary contract manufacturer.
- Led financial assessment of lean manufacturing initiative to reduce inventory by 30%.
- Assisted with SOX documentation, processes, and audits to meet 404 compliance.
- Managed close process including subledger maintenance, revenue recognition, and close packages.
- Directed revenue recognition software implementation. Created finance training for global roll out of web based tool for 60 users. Led training in Japan and Singapore.
- Performed financial analysis for service marketing team's new product launches by forecasting bookings, revenue, cost and margins.
- Reduced service marketing expenses by 5% over the course of one year. Saved $1.5M. Reduced excess and obsolete inventory reserves by 20%. Saved $1.6M. Reduced A/P liability by $5M. From August 2000 to July 2005 (5 years) San Jose, CAStaff Accountant @ Supported cross functional team within automotive division of The Clorox Company as primary finance analyst.
- Prepared fiscal reporting and analysis of financial results, including key performance indicators for over 30 skus.
- Forecasted line items of income statement, set up accruals, and performed profit gap analysis for $30M business. From January 2000 to August 2000 (8 months) Oakland, CA
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business From 2005 to 2007 Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Psychology @ University of California, Los Angeles From 1995 to 1999 Shalinee Thakur is skilled in: Accounting, Financial Analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting, Process Improvement, Business Planning, Budgets, Leadership, Financial Modeling, Strategy, Cross-functional Team..., CRM, Analysis, Salesforce.com, Management, Strategic Planning, Finance, Program Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension