Engineer @ ST Electronics (Training & Simulation Systems) Pte Ltd
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) Hons. 2nd Upper Div @
Nanyang Technological University
Highly motivated and committed, Seng-Siong constantly strives to achieve his best ability in whatever he does. He is currently an experienced Software Engineer in an Agile Software Development Team at Autodesk. The team produces professional software such as Autodesk Maya for the Media & Entertainment industry. Seng-Siong is involved in developing core foundation, animation features and graphical
Highly motivated and committed, Seng-Siong constantly strives to achieve his best ability in whatever he does. He is currently an experienced Software Engineer in an Agile Software Development Team at Autodesk. The team produces professional software such as Autodesk Maya for the Media & Entertainment industry. Seng-Siong is involved in developing core foundation, animation features and graphical user interface.
Seng-Siong is also an proactive change agent at work. To improve work process efficiency, he explored Software Test Automation possibilities and put in place a fully automated test pipeline that supports different operating platforms. This allows the Autodesk development team to reduce man-hours previously used for tedious manual testing.
Holding compassion and humility as values close to his heart, Seng-Siong actively volunteers his time to help the less fortunate in the society. He is currently serving as a management committee member in the Bo Tien Welfare Services Society, a voluntary welfare organisation that serves the destitute elderly.
As a firm believer in the phrase “Knowledge is Key to Power”, Seng-Siong always seeks to enrich himself. For instance, he is currently pursuing Masters in Business Administration at the National University of Singapore while in full-time employment. Through the networks formed and knowledge gathered, he hopes to broaden his horizon and widen his perspectives.
Software Engineer @ • Developer for Autodesk Maya.
• Achieved a major product release.
• Focused mainly in Core foundation, Animation features and the Graphical User Interface (GUI).
• Proficient with Qt 4 framework, C/C++, Python and MEL.
• Development experience on Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
• Oversaw team's Scrum process as team Scrum Master. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Software QA Engineer @ • QA tester and Test Automation specialist for Autodesk Softimage development team.
• Completed multiple major and minor product releases.
• Primary QA focus on SDK unit tests and customization feature tests.
• Proficient in test scripting using VBScript, Jscript, Python and C++.
• Change agent for greater Software Test Automation adoption.
• Improved test efficiency with a fully automated testing pipeline with support for multiple operating systems.
• Managed test pipeline feature planning to anticipate future requirements & alight to high-level organizational goals.
• Test resource & environment management.
• Implemented web based test pipeline management and test result reporting tool.
• Full integration of Cloud Computing infrastructure for Test Automation on the Cloud.
• Beta forum administrator using Center-code
• Managed user feedback from multiple channels. From September 2010 to April 2014 (3 years 8 months) Engineer (Contract) @ • Engineering support for distributed 3D simulation system.
• Developed UDP network protocol module.
• Provided on-site support during system operation.
• Simulation data analysis. From January 2010 to August 2010 (8 months) SingaporeManufacturing Solutions Division Quality Assurance Intern @ • Provide support to SQA Engineer in maintaining Test Automation Suite.
• Test report verification and defect logging.
• Expanded automated test coverage with new scripts for Test Automation Suite
• Assist engineer in performing FDCC (Federal Desktop Core Configuration) compliance testing. From July 2008 to December 2008 (6 months)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ National University of Singapore From 2015 to 2017 Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) Hons. 2nd Upper, Computer Engineering @ Nanyang Technological University From 2006 to 2009 Diploma, Electronic & Computer Engineering @ Ngee Ann Polytechnic From 2000 to 2003 Seng-Siong Lim is skilled in: Test Automation, Testing, Perl, VBScript, Python, Software Quality Assurance, Agile Methodologies, Software Testing, JScript, JIRA, GUI development, C/C++, Qt, GUI Test Automation, Quality Assurance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension