Assistant Director, Warehouse & Inventory Control @ MGM Grand Detroit Hotel & Casino
Treasurer @ Clarkston Ranch Estates HOA
Warehouse and Fleet Manager @ Pepsi Bottling Group - Flint
B.B.A, Management @
Saginaw Valley State University - College of Business and Management
Assistant Director, Warehouse & Inventory Control @ Responsible for the P&L of all Warehouse and Inventory operations moving $30M of product yearly. Wrote and implemented processes / sop’s to promote continuous improvement. Re-wrote accountabilities and job descriptions to provide optimal results in a modern operating environment. Member of the following committees: Best Practices, HACCP, Safety, Diversity, Green,
Assistant Director, Warehouse & Inventory Control @ Responsible for the P&L of all Warehouse and Inventory operations moving $30M of product yearly. Wrote and implemented processes / sop’s to promote continuous improvement. Re-wrote accountabilities and job descriptions to provide optimal results in a modern operating environment. Member of the following committees: Best Practices, HACCP, Safety, Diversity, Green, Lodge, and Voice.
• Beat operating budget by 426K in first 6 years through the streamlining of labor and outside services.
• Reduced inventory from $2.1M/2600 products to $1.2M/1800 products in first 7 months.
• Reduced FTE total by 10 in six years of employment through process revision and productivity tracking. From May 2008 to Present (7 years 6 months) DetroitTreasurer @ From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) Clarkston MichiganWarehouse and Fleet Manager @ Maintained a profitable P&L for the Warehouse and Fleet operations. Conducted monthly inventory and environmental audits to ensure compliance. Established accountabilities for all direct reports to optimize labor efficiencies. Negotiated several outside services contracts to experience monthly cash-flow savings. Managed several capital projects on time and in budget.
• Worked with the Unit Sales Manager to develop an accurate weekly volume and spending forecast.
• Wrote and implemented 19 new processes / sop’s to promote continuous improvement. From April 2007 to May 2008 (1 year 2 months) FlintProduct Availability Supervisor @ Supervised as many as 40 employees per shift within specified productivity and cost objectives. Scheduled transport loads and carriers to multiple facilities in excess of 50 trailers per day. Managed the inventory control staff to ensure product availability, rotation, and quality measures were adhered to. Team averaged shipping 27.7M cases yearly and won ‘Warehouse of the Year’ in 2006.
• Managed GMP standards and wrote multiple processes to ensure environmental compliance.
• Conducted yearly safety and forklift training for all 85 warehouse employees including management.
• Participated in the pre-sell conversion and in the ILA/POD start-up. From May 2004 to April 2007 (3 years) Lead Operations Supervisor @ Responsible for the P&L of the night shift shipping and receiving operations. Specialized in the operations and productivity of selectors, checkers, loaders, and forklift operators. Averaged shipping 20K cases per day across 50+ routes with an out-of-stock/error rate of .001%
• Worked with the V.P. of Operations and the Teamsters union to raise the box count from 70 to 85 cases per hour.
• Participated in taking the building ‘live’ with the EXE warehouse management system.
• Trained supervisors and hourly employees on safety and environmental standards.
• Served as a backup dispatch router using Roadshow scheduling software. From May 2001 to May 2004 (3 years 1 month) Greater Detroit AreaGeneral Foreman @ Supervised the production of multiple fluid milk items and by-products in excess of 500K gallons per week. Managed multi-shift warehousing and distribution operations averaging 26K cases per day across 35+ routes. Diagrammed all local and out-of-state deliveries within DOT and company guidelines.
• Created a safety empowerment team and conducted monthly meetings.
• Integral part of the successful roll-out of CIMS. Computerized Inventory Management System
• Assisted in the transition to Roadnet delivery scheduling software. From August 1998 to May 2001 (2 years 10 months) Unit Administrator, Military Police, Fire Direction Controller @ From 1992 to 2000 (8 years) MichiganWarehouse and Receiving Leadman @ From 1994 to 1998 (4 years)
M.S, Management @ Walsh College From 2005 to 2007 B.B.A, Management @ Saginaw Valley State University - College of Business and Management From 1993 to 1998 Scott Williamson is skilled in: Warehouse Management, Materials Management, P&L Management, Budget Monitoring, Process Improvement, Standards Development, Training, Employee Training, Staff Development, Logistics, Logistics Management, Fleet Management, Fleet Operations, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Education, Productivity, Increase Productivity, Productivity Coaching, Continuous Improvement, System Administration, Systems Analysis, Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Inventory Analysis, Inventory Accuracy, Physical Inventory, Inventory Planning, Food Safety, Safety Management..., Contract Negotiation, Contract Management, Capital Projects, Capital Project Planning, Warehouse Control
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension