Operations Manager & Production Controller (Distribution) @ Target (Distribution Center Kalamazoo, MI)
Operations Director- Food Distribution Center Phoenix, AZ @ Target
Experienced leader with 9+ years of Distribution, Transportation, and Operations Management experience. I have spent time in both the General Merch (6 years) and Food (3.5 years) Distribution Centers covering various roles while promoting upwards to Senior Operations Manager of our Food DC. In addition I also have experience leading in a 3PL environment; starting up a
Experienced leader with 9+ years of Distribution, Transportation, and Operations Management experience. I have spent time in both the General Merch (6 years) and Food (3.5 years) Distribution Centers covering various roles while promoting upwards to Senior Operations Manager of our Food DC. In addition I also have experience leading in a 3PL environment; starting up a facility; along with leading a DC shutdown.
Throughout my time with Target I have worked on and led several cross functional projects, pilots, and rollouts with our stores, HQ, and other DC partners. My teams have been responsible for servicing Target stores and guests across 7 states maxing out at a little over 200 stores for that area while delivering network leading on-time service, high quality freshness, and in-stocks. In addition to delivering results I have also developed several leaders under my direct supervision that have gone on to promote upwards of 2 pay grade levels along with movement between stores and HQ pyramids.
Now onto the next phase of my career as Senior DC Manager at ULTA Beauty's Distribution Center here in Phoenix.......
Senior DC Manager @ From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Senior Operations Manager - Food Distribution Center Phoenix, AZ @ • General Manager roles and responsibilities leading and overseeing all Food DC operations, transportation, culture, team, and executive development for two facilities totaling 250k+ sq. ft, and 160 employees.
• Led core Operations workstream around the closing of the Food DC on Aug 15th, 2014. Collaborated with HQ, HR, ER, LR parties to successfully build shutdown plans and communication focusing on FDC Operations, protecting the culture, staffing, performance, and store service.
• Responsible for servicing 180 – 200 Target stores across 7 states in the Southwest with all grocery fresh, chilled, and frozen deliveries; along with compliance and FDA standards of food storage and handling
• Developed 1 direct report into a Senior Group Leader promotion From August 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 2 months) Senior Group Leader Logistics - Food Distribution Center @ • Led transportation / logistics business for General Merchandise and Food Distribution Centers in Phoenix, AZ
• Provided leadership, support, and development to a team of 5 executives and 15 logistics technicians across the Target DC campus
• Serviced 200+ Target stores with both general merchandise and grocery deliveries across 7 states; led the network 3 years running with on-time service (97.2% vs. goal of 95%); network leading results 3 years running with Store Partnership Survey; and managed a transportation budget of $3 million annually
• Key workstream leader along with HQ, Stores, and DC Operation partners to develop new company process around shipping grocery (ambient & produce) to long haul markets. This work lead to increased store grocery sales, in-stocks, freshness scores, and decreased B markdowns along with banana room installation at the FDC
• On-site core operations workstream leader for FDC conversion from 3PL with SuperValu to 100% fully operated / staffed Target FDC in September of 2011
• Provided Big Building Leadership as a member of Senior Management Team working with my peers and General Manager to communicate effectively, collaborate across departments, and strategically implement solutions
• Promoted 3 direct reports to Senior Group Leader roles (2 pay grade jump) and 1 to our HQ Transportation team From March 2011 to August 2013 (2 years 6 months) Senior Group Leader (Outbound & MBP Departments) @ • Provided Big Building Leadership as a member of Senior Management Team working with my peers and General Manager to communicate effectively, collaborate across departments, and strategically implement solutions in a 1.5 million sq. ft facility with multiple operational and support departments
• Led and oversaw performance / team / development of both the MBP (Music, Movies, and Breakpack) and Outbound departments. Responsible for 100+ hourly team members and 8 executives for each department
• Led both teams to top 5 pyramid rankings in performance along with green results in Best Practice and Best Team Surveys annually
• Led our Outbound team to top 3 annual ranking in All Trailer and Full Trailer CUBE for 2009 and 2010
• Developed 1 direct reports into Senior Group Leader promotions (2 pay grade level jump) and 1 promoted to our HQ team Distribution Team (1 pay grade jump) From August 2008 to March 2011 (2 years 8 months) Kalamazoo, Michigan AreaProduction Controller @ • Served as the buildings Production Controller for 8 months leading us to YTD # 1 ranking in prod for Targets RDC network along with saving +$400k to our operational budgets /wage rate
• Responsible for daily, weekly, long term staffing and planning while working with GM to hold each operational department accountable for performance / staffing From January 2008 to August 2008 (8 months) Group Leader (Distribution) @ • Worked in several different operational departments (Warehousing, Inbound) leading hourly teams of 20-30 warehouse workers
• Responsible of daily shift production, performance, culture, and planning of the team
• Collaboration and communication with downstream and upstream departments to ensure overall building balance / flow each shift From October 2005 to January 2008 (2 years 4 months) Team Leader (Distribution) @ From May 2005 to October 2005 (6 months)
BA in Management, Management, Finance, General Business @ Western Michigan University - Haworth College of Business From 2001 to 2005 Scott Wadsworth is skilled in: Leadership, Logistics, Inventory Control, Inventory Management, Distribution Center Operations, Operations Management, Retail, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Process Improvement, Logistics Management, Team Building, Warehouse Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Warehousing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension