Information Security Officer (ISO) @ Homesite Insurance
Director, Global IT Operations & Information Security (Enterprise IT) @ Haemonetics
Vice President of Technology Services - vCIO @ ACS Services, Inc.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Director, Global IT Operations (Enterprise IT) @ Responsible for maintaining exceptional operational performance and continuous improvement of the Enterprise IT infrastructure. This includes regionally managed data centers, cloud service providers and specialty connectivity services such as virtual private networks (VPN), federated identity and IT services in demilitarized zones (DMZ). Activities include strategy, planning, evaluation, installation and/or reconfiguration
Director, Global IT Operations (Enterprise IT) @ Responsible for maintaining exceptional operational performance and continuous improvement of the Enterprise IT infrastructure. This includes regionally managed data centers, cloud service providers and specialty connectivity services such as virtual private networks (VPN), federated identity and IT services in demilitarized zones (DMZ). Activities include strategy, planning, evaluation, installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements to achieve Company defined IT availability of enterprise IT solutions, and regional IT infrastructure services to achieve measurable improvements in customer delight. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Vice President of Technology Services @ - Provided Strategic Direction to Clients to accomplish Business Goals & Objectives through Technology Initiatives.
- Design, Implement and Manage Technology Solutions for multiple clients.
- Meet/Exceed Services Delivery and Customer Satisfaction levels. From August 2011 to August 2014 (3 years 1 month) Greater Boston AreaDirector, Information Technology @ - Provided Support and Strategic Direction to Divisional Technology Managers/Directors to accomplish Business Goals & Objectives through Corporate Technology Initiatives.
- Manage & Facilitate special projects for multiple divisions, including but not limited to:
o Enterprise Telephony (VoIP) deployments improving call center capabilities and reducing overall costs.
o Service Desk consolidations to provide Enterprise Class service to offices globally, improving Service Levels and reducing overall IT support expenditures for the business.
o Providing IT Risk Assessment and Transition Planning through Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures.
o ERP migrations & consolidations leveraging Enterprise solutions to reduce licensing & support costs and improve Business Intelligence capabilities.
o Provide Asset Management, Client Management, Performance Monitoring (incl. User Experience), Standard Workstation Imaging and License Compliance to all Businesses globally.
o Ensuring all sites globally (95+) have established LAN/WAN Redundancy and/or Diversity, based on business needs and available services. From July 2007 to August 2011 (4 years 2 months) I.T. Operations Manager @ - Coordinated the implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system that included Contact Resource Management (CRM), service management, dispatching/scheduling, invoicing and quoting modules.
- Managed the scheduling and day-to-day activities of the Systems Engineers, maintaining high levels of productivity and “billable” hours. Provided third level technical support as necessary.
- Planned, coordinated, scheduled and managed all major projects, system integrations and product implementations.
- Managed all aspects of Purchasing (quoting, ordering, inventory management, vendor management) maintaining high levels of margin on products. Managed over $1,000,000 in purchasing volume per year.
- Managed internal Information Technology systems, including Server 2003, Active Directory, Exchange 2003, Terminal Services, Symantec AntiVirus, Symantec Mail Security, and Veritas Backup Exec. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Regional Systems Manager @ - Reported to the Electronics Support Detachment Supervisor, managing and supporting Cape Cod and Rhode Island area.
- Provided technical assistance and support to Regional System Management staff and other Coast Guard personnel.
- Planned and managed various projects including system upgrades, hardware replacement and product deployments.
- Administered twenty-three File, Application and E-Mail servers, both ashore and afloat, within the Cape Cod area, including Server 2000, Exchange, Symantec AntiVirus and Veritas Backup Exec.
- Managed disaster recovery planning and procedures in accordance with appropriate policies and plans.
- Enforced network security and ensured antivirus solutions were current on both servers and workstations.
- Worked with remote sites to establish and maintain LAN/WAN connectivity, managing switches as required. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Director of IT @ - Managed the day-to-day activities of the Information Technology department, with a supervised Help Desk staff.
- Managed and planned an annual budget of close to $1,000,000 (Capital and Operational).
- Performed corporate hardware and image selection process, based on a number of key factors, including: current technologies, licensing costs, warranties, product quality, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and ease of warranty repairs
- Controlled fixed asset purchases, asset tracking, warranties, computer hardware depreciation and software licensing.
- Created detailed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and policies/procedures for the support, operation and maintenance of all computer systems (desktops and servers) and for the procurement of capital assets, software and supplies.
- Maintained Mulberry datacom (LAN/WAN) and telecom connections, managing Merlin voicemail system as necessary.
- Provided support for over eighty centers across the US, including Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, California and Virginia. From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Server Systems Manager @ From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Manager - End User Services @ From 1995 to 1997 (2 years)
Bachelor of Science - Multi-disciplinary Studies, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science and Management Information Systems @ University of Massachusetts Dartmouth From 1990 to 1992 Massasoit Community College From 1988 to 1990 Scott Thursby is skilled in: Data Center, Disaster Recovery, Project Management, Infrastructure Management, Strategic Planning, Business Acumen, IT Service Management, Servers, Windows Server, Virtualization, VMware, Active Directory, Information Technology, Troubleshooting, Infrastructure
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension