Lead Front End Developer @ ClickUp Project Management
Owner @ Golden Gate Sport and Social Club
Co-Founder and President @ Four Sheets Sports LLC
My first job out of college was at Charles Schwab doing trading operations for 401(K) plans. While working there I rediscovered an interest in Computer Science spending a good amount of time building macros in Excel using Visual Basic for both myself and co-workers. At a certain point in 2008 I decided I wanted to start my
My first job out of college was at Charles Schwab doing trading operations for 401(K) plans. While working there I rediscovered an interest in Computer Science spending a good amount of time building macros in Excel using Visual Basic for both myself and co-workers. At a certain point in 2008 I decided I wanted to start my own kickball league in large part because I really wanted to build a website for it and of course because kickball is fun. I managed to pull it together and the league had a very respectable first season. It's just been growing ever since. There are now three days of kickball in San Francisco, one in Walnut Creek, one in San Mateo, one in Palo Alto, and a dodgeball league in San Francisco. There were nearly 7,000 participants this past year.
In September of 2012 I was presented with an opportunity to purchase the Golden Gate Sport and Social Club, an organization that has run various sports leagues in San Francisco for many years. When I bought it the organization was on life support, but I turned it around quickly and we're now offering 10 different sports across 60+ leagues a year. I recently hired my first full time employee to take over all the day to day responsibilities so that I can focus on my career as a Software Engineer. I started by attending the amazing coding bootcamp Hack Reactor which has already led to working on projects at Fitify and Hint Health.
Software Engineer @ From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Owner @ This company has been in San Francisco running sports leagues for 15+ years. Including softball, soccer, football, basketball, volleyball (indoor and outdoor), tennis, and more. In recent years it has dialed everything down quite a bit. I purchased this company and plan on getting all the leagues from the past going again and more. My hope is that it can pass the success my kickball and dodgeball leagues have had as a part of Four Sheets Sports LLC. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaCo-Founder and President @ -Run kickball and dodgeball leagues around the Bay Area
-Built the website playinthebay.com from scratch including an extensive backend and database. The website is used not only to market the league, but is also how people sign up and pay to play in all of the leagues.
-Update and maintain the website regularly. It's important to keep information about the leagues up to date. I'm also always trying to make the website easier to use for both myself on the backend and for anyone who is visiting it because they are interested in joining a league.
-Hire and train referees and umpires to work the different sporting events.
-Purchase and store equipment for the various sports.
-Organize artwork and order league T-shirts for players.
-Market the league to potential players (post fliers, facebook ads, etc)
-Respond to all inquiries that come in through the website from potential players
-Combine players onto teams so that everyone has close to an equal amount of players and a similar male to female ratio. It doesn't sound like much, but it's a very delicate process. It's extremely difficult keeping everyone happy.
-Create extensive schedules for league play
-Send out large email blasts informing people of relavent league news From May 2008 to Present (7 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSoftware Engineer @ TWELVE INSANELY PRODUCTIVE WEEKS
• Developed new procedures for many functions (daily cash settlement, equity trading, dividend posting, redemption fee posting) in order to improve efficiency by coding a number of programs
• Placed and executed equity, mutual fund, ETF, and bond trades on the phone and by electronically submitting trade files (Applications used: Crystal, STAR, SEI, Beta/Legacy, Seagate InfoDesktop, PCWeb, NSCC, DST Vision, Advisor Central)
• Monitored transaction reconciliation for rejected trades, price errors, trading fees, and unsettled trades in order to settle cash daily
• Trained new employees on the phone and in person as part of a company wide relocation strategy
• Tracked and posted dividend payouts for large numbers of mutual funds across all the retirement plans being managed at Charles Schwab Trust Company
• Provided insight on daily equity trading that led to the company adapting a new automated system that is now being used.
• Determined appropriate price and percentage of volume limits for equity trades using liquidity characteristics of individual stocks
• Served as a gateway between corporate retirement accounts and multiple fund families (Fidelity, American Century, etc.) From April 2006 to May 2009 (3 years 2 months)
B.S., Mangerial Economics @ University of California, Davis From 2000 to 2004 Scott Snider is skilled in: Entrepreneurship, Social Networking, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Social Media, Website Development, Data Analysis, Mutual Funds, Web Design, Facebook, Event Management, Website Updating, Website Building, Website Creation, Time Management