Senior Vice President Human Resources @ Pioneer Energy Services
Vice President Global Human Resources @ Premier Research Group plc
Global Director HR @ inCode Telecommunications
STRATEGIC, ANALYTICAL, & HANDS-ON BUSINESS PARTNER:
Extensive experience demonstrating strength and leadership in business partner roles across a diverse group of industries including Professional Services, Technology, Clinical Research Outsourcing, and Energy Services. A technology savvy leader with an analytical approach, engaging style, excellent communication skills, demonstrating advanced business acumen, flexibility, adaptability and top performance with a successful
STRATEGIC, ANALYTICAL, & HANDS-ON BUSINESS PARTNER:
Extensive experience demonstrating strength and leadership in business partner roles across a diverse group of industries including Professional Services, Technology, Clinical Research Outsourcing, and Energy Services. A technology savvy leader with an analytical approach, engaging style, excellent communication skills, demonstrating advanced business acumen, flexibility, adaptability and top performance with a successful track record of results in complex, multi-facility, customer focused, matrix and relationship based organizations.
Vice President Global Human Resources @ From April 2010 to Present (5 years 9 months) Vice President Global Human Resources @ Vice President, Global Human Resources, responsible for setting the strategic direction and implementation of all activities related to maximizing the effectiveness of Premier’s people and organization in alignment with the company’s business strategy. Premier Research Group is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) providing support to global clinical trials with approximately 1,100 employees and presence in over 30 countries.
• Crafted an innovative recruiting solution which provides a virtual marketplace for independent contractors to compete for assignments.
• Develop and lead HR due diligence plan and integration for acquisitions.
• Created a new approach to annual benefits renewal providing a faster, more user friendly experience with greater buy-in, leading to increased employee satisfaction.
• Prepared presentations to CEO, BOD on compensation strategy and benchmarking
• Implemented Key Performance Metrics (KPM), aligned with the business and driving cost efficiencies across the organization resulting in cost reductions in excess of $3M on an annual basis:
-- 50% reduction in contractor loading, reducing weekly spend 200k and achieving annualized cost reduction of 2.4M.
-- Reduced time to hire 7.5 days resulting in incremental direct hour availability of 30,500 on annualized basis.
-- Reduced cost per hire achieving annualized cost reduction of $435k.
-- Reduced voluntary attrition by 10% points resulting in savings of over $100k in direct recruiting costs From August 2007 to April 2010 (2 years 9 months) Global Director HR @ inCode is a professional services start-up providing business strategy, systems integration, and engineering services to the wireless telecommunications industry and related enterprises. The Global HR Director is responsible for all facets of HR support. Over a two year period inCode successfully grew from a North American headcount of 180 to a global (10 countries) headcount of 430.
• Researched designed and implemented employment infrastructure for new country business starts.
• Developed and led HR due diligence plan and integration for acquisitions in Canada, US and Sweden
• Selection and customization of on line candidate profiling tool to focus recruitment process on critical success factors
• Trained new managers in performance management and performance counseling
• Prepared presentations to CEO, BOD and compensation committee on compensation strategy and benchmarking
• Led benefits renewal strategy for US resulting in year on year reduction for 05 and 06 renewals From April 2004 to August 2007 (3 years 5 months) HR Business Partner (VP/Div VP HR Equivalent) @ HR Business Partner, for a newly acquired division. The HR Business Partner reported to the President of the Telecoms practice providing information technology consulting and system integration services to the telecommunications industry.
• Managed an HR department of 7, including payroll, providing support to an organization of approximately 600 employees.
• Created and implemented the HR strategy for a business plan requiring the transition of the organization from software development to consulting and systems integration across a broad range of IT Services.
• Implemented management incentive plan, high potential tracking, succession planning, and performance management systems. High potential voluntary attrition below 1% in 2002. From January 2002 to February 2004 (2 years 2 months) HR Systems & Solutions (Sr. Director level) @ Reporting to the group VP HR, the position was responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all HR systems and solutions within Test and Transactions, a Schlumberger business group with over 8,000 employees worldwide. Test and Transactions was a $1.8B business group comprised of Automated Test Equipment, Smart Cards, Retail Petroleum Systems and Measurement & Systems (meters and automated meter reading systems).
• Program Manager for consolidation of three payrolls. Project required harmonization of employment policies and terms and conditions from three companies. The project was completed on time & budget.
• Rolled out of web-enabled performance management application providing improved consistency of appraisals, increased employee satisfaction and increased overall participation in company performance management system.
• Developed and delivered training on HR Process, Tools and Systems. From February 2000 to December 2001 (1 year 11 months) HR Business Partner (VP/Div VP HR equivalent) @ Reporting to the President of $350m semiconductor capital equipment company with global HR responsibility for five product development centers located in three countries with approximately 600 employees. The position was responsible for managing a team of 5 Product Center HR managers with a department budget of 750k.
• Developed and implemented a year 2000 retention plan incorporating management training, communication and employee relations activities. Reduced overall attrition from 15% to 12% and under 5% for key performers.
• Developed detailed technical ladder for 500 engineers working in 5 locations and 3 countries. Improved retention and leverage of the company’s professional community.
• Developed and implemented a two-year executive incentive plan. From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) Various @ From 1981 to 2000 (19 years) Region HR Director @ From June 1993 to August 1995 (2 years 3 months)
MBA @ Southern Methodist University - Cox School of Business From 1986 to 1987 BS, Physics @ Bates College From 1978 to 1981 Stafford Senior High School Scott Keenen is skilled in: Performance Management, Compensation, Succession Planning, HRIS, Program Management, Organizational Design, Global HR, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Organizational Development, Mergers, HR Strategy, Leadership Development, Benefits, Executive Compensation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension