I am a technologist with ten years of diverse experience as a Solutions Architect and Developer. As a Solutions Architect I have managed multiple POCs in both the high performance messaging and integration spaces, and designed and presented solutions to a number of prospects. Additionally, my job has included R&D work into Real Time Analytics and data
I am a technologist with ten years of diverse experience as a Solutions Architect and Developer. As a Solutions Architect I have managed multiple POCs in both the high performance messaging and integration spaces, and designed and presented solutions to a number of prospects. Additionally, my job has included R&D work into Real Time Analytics and data warehousing solutions.
As a developer I have worked on products in a number of languages and am comfortable with both RDBMS and NoSQL data stores. I have written back end server apps both from scratch and using frameworks and developed numerous front end apps and prototypes for desktop, mobile, and mobile web. I have designed solutions for data warehousing, data cleansing and enterprise integration. I feel one of my greatest strengths is my ability to rapidly understand and integrate new technologies and languages.
Solutions Engineer @ From November 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) New York CitySolutions Architect @ Architect high throughput, low latency solutions using the Tervela messaging appliance for market data distribution, global file replication, and database replication solutions. Code, primarily in Java, integration with CEP engines, change data capture solutions, NOSQL stores, monitoring tools, and middleware systems. Provide support for sales initiatives.
• Coded integration between Tervela appliance and Esper and Drools CEP engines.
• Designed and coded a 1 to N data distribution solution for Oracle.
• Managed multiple POCs to winning outcomes.
• Provided expertise for BigData, data warehousing, and real time analytics integrations. From February 2012 to November 2012 (10 months) Greater New York City AreaProduct Manager/Solutions Architect @ Design integration and enterprise information management solutions using iWay products and approve proposed designs from field SAs. Respond to RFPs. Write Java based custom components. Conduct R&D and produce prototypes for potential new product. Gather and evaluate requirements from customers for new feature request. Do basic market and competitive analysis of new products and POC competitors. Provide onsite pre-sales, technical, and POC support.
• Provided leadership and technical expertise or all BigData initiatives.
• Created an XML storage, query, and retrieval product using mongoDB and iWay Service Manager (iSM).
• Designed and launched a JDBC based table replication feature.
• Brought to production Oracle LogMiner change data capture solutions.
• Designed data warehousing solutions using iWay products for multiple customers. From January 2010 to February 2012 (2 years 2 months) Project Manager/Technical Lead @ Managed a team of six developers working on the iWay Integration Tools (iIT) product, which is the the Eclipse based iWay solution development tooling. Provided architecture and design control over the product and participated in development of features and bug fixes.
• Developed iIT, a suite of tools used in conjunction with the iWay Service Manger to create integration solutions. Some of the technology used in the iIT product includes GEF, EMF, Apache Axis, XML Beans and many Eclipse Platform API features.
• Created a headless build system for Eclipse products using the PDE and Eclipse provisioning.
• Implemented continuous integration, iterative development cycles, and priority queues.
• Designed a source control processes using SVN.
• Worked with automation team to implement an automated testing system for iIT.
• Integrated iIT with a partner's Eclipse based product to create the iWay Data Quality version of iIT. From 2006 to January 2010 (4 years) Developer @ Lead programmer for the Eclipse platform based products team, which included iIT and iWay Explorer. Provided design and architecture support on Eclipse based GUIs.
• Developed iWay Transformation Designer Eclipse plugins using the Eclipse framework and GEF, which provide a drag and drop interface for developing transformations between document types.
• Created a new technique using GEF that allowed the UI to contain two trees, where previously only one tree was supported by the GEF framework.
• Delivered the iWay Explorer product, which is an Eclipse RCP application that is used to browse and manage iWay Service Manager facilities via web service calls. From August 2005 to May 2006 (10 months) Programmer Analyst @ • Used WebLogic Workshop to develop numerous web based trading floor support applications.
• Designed Sybase database tables, triggers, and referential integrity constraints.
• Used Informatica to create middleware processes to integrate many disparate legacy systems. From November 2004 to August 2005 (10 months) Software Engineer @ • Built prototype visual development environment for mobile applications using Eclipse.
• Developed a framework for multi-tiered, web based application implemented by offshore team.
• Created RDF XML grammar that describes mobile device applications to a code generating system.
• Consulted design teams responsible for creating mobile device solutions for FSA and multi-tiered, distributed, middleware communication applications.
• Designed and implemented a message persistence interface for a multi-tiered middleware application using JMS, ANSI SQL compliant databases, or file systems.
• Implemented Palm OS network code for the Treo 650 to communicate with a middleware system. From April 2002 to November 2004 (2 years 8 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension