Highly self-motivated and driven lead systems engineer seeking new, challenging opportunities in product and system design, development, and implementation. Over 10 years of systems engineering experience with a track record of consistently delivering quality products and performance, leading engineering teams on challenging programs and working on the full life-cycle of a system on multiple DoD, TSA, and
Highly self-motivated and driven lead systems engineer seeking new, challenging opportunities in product and system design, development, and implementation. Over 10 years of systems engineering experience with a track record of consistently delivering quality products and performance, leading engineering teams on challenging programs and working on the full life-cycle of a system on multiple DoD, TSA, and commercial programs.
Skills: Project Management, Rapid Prototype Development, System Design, SELC, Requirements Management, Integration and Test, Operational Improvement, Rapid Failure Analysis, Proposal Development, Risk Assessment, High Availability Systems, COTS Integration, SDLC, Script Development, Customer Presentation
Tools: Google Apps Script, NetApp, SaaS, HP Quality Center, XProtect, Oracle, Linux, Windows, MS Office, Cisco, ISO 9001, CMMI Level 3, VMWare, Virtualbox, OpenGTS, Matlab, DOORS, SharePoint, Rational Rhapsody
Available for interviews.
Info Sec Analysis @ -Security Analysis
* Implement workflows to expand the current alerting response, data analysis, and incident handling capabilities for an enterprise environment. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Consultant @ -Principal
* Founded Infinity System Design and established a business and marketing plan to address operational improvements for new and growing small business needs.
* Applied a systems engineering approach to small businesses, allowing them to streamline their estimation/proposal process by developing user-friendly applications and establishing a repeatable and consistent processes. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) General Manager @ -Team Lead
* Engineered a prototype tracking, safety, and social networking device used for the SCORE race organization.
* Implemented an Open-Source GPS Tracking System (OpenGTS) framework to support tracking and course geofencing.
* Coordinated and managed logistics to establish a turn-key-package deal for building an off-road race team that allowed for a safe and successful completion of each race.
* Worked hand-in-hand with companies to raise over $50k of sponsorship by promoting small business development and advertisement. From November 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Lead Systems Engineer @ -Technical Lead, Test and Evaluation Management Network (TEMnet) - (6/12 to 9/13)
* Designed and implemented a test and video management network used to evaluate the functionality, reliability, and user interface of TSA’s airport security equipment, delivering a Statement of Work (SOW), Basis of Estimate (BOE) and Bill of Materials (BOM).
* Re-architected computing environment to meet the customer’s system requirements, while reducing server count by 60%, increasing storage capacity by an order of magnitude, and reducing cost by over 50%.
* Mapped the Common Process Framework to the DHS System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC), in order to maintain a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) approach to an agile system development.
* Successfully completed an oral presentation for the Critical Design Review and Initial Demonstration in May 2013.
-Lead Systems Engineer, Common Display Systems (CDS) - (03/06 to 9/13)
* Led 15-person Production Test Engineering Team on Navy’s CDS program to deliver over 300 systems.
* Completed rapid prototype development, benchmarking, and hardware evaluation and selection, producing a ruggedized and powerful common processing center.
* Trained and presented an oral proposal for the re-compete of the CDS production contract as the Program Technical Lead.
* Identified and implemented system design improvements resulting in cost savings of $300k.
* Implemented process improvements for the production systems, which reduced the pre- and post-test time by over 60 percent, saving 10 man hours/unit resulting in $15k/unit in cost savings.
-Lead Performance Verification Test Engineer, Acoustic Rapid COTS Insertion (ARCI) - (10/03 to 05/06)
* Led system performance verification testing for the Navy’s ARCI submarine program with contract value of $120M and a team of 20 engineers.
* Developed and tested object oriented sonar tracking code to deliver system baselines to the customer. From October 2003 to September 2013 (10 years) Engineer II @ -Hardware Test Engineer
* Performed failure and trend analysis tests for the evaluation of data storage media.
* Improved testing efficiency and process to double the output of certified magnetic tape data cartridges per year.
* Summer intern: 2001 and 2002. From May 2001 to September 2003 (2 years 5 months)
BSEE, Engineering @ Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University From 1998 to 2003 Scott Darkow is skilled in: Testing, Integration, Systems Engineering, Matlab, Linux, System Design, Program Management, Systems Design, Splunk, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Configuration Management, Software Engineering, Simulations, Earned Value Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension