Product Development - Senior Cloud Development Leader @ Boeing
CAS IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager @ Boeing
CAS Senior IT Manager @ Boeing
Bachelor of Arts - BA @
University of Washington
I have over 14 years of IT Leadership experience. The last 9 years have been with the Boeing Company. My current role is to help manage all Digital Airline Operational Deployment Solutions. This includes customer facing, revenue generating software and information based solutions for external customers. It requires setting up and maintaining system standards for architecture, operations,
I have over 14 years of IT Leadership experience. The last 9 years have been with the Boeing Company. My current role is to help manage all Digital Airline Operational Deployment Solutions. This includes customer facing, revenue generating software and information based solutions for external customers. It requires setting up and maintaining system standards for architecture, operations, software development, configuration and release management across the CAS Digital Aviation organization. My current focus is moving key solutions to be hosted in more highly reliable, agile and cost effective infrastructure solutions.
My strengths are that I have strong experience leading infrastructure and operation teams responsible for implementing and supporting high availability infrastructures. I also have a strong understanding of current IT trends and their impact on business strategies. My teams and I have been recognized for strong commitment to customer satisfaction and delivering quality IT Solutions. The past few years, I've had the privilege to be part of the Boeing Executive Mentorship Program which is tasked to develop future Executive Leaders at the Boeing Company.
Digital Aviation Technology Development Senior Manager @ Key responsibilities include:
• Lead efforts to develop organizational strategies to meet the technology development goals and objectives of the Digital Aviation organization.
• Lead efforts to produce infrastructure, technology insertion and product onboard roadmaps.
• Help drive out and execute the Digital Aviation Cloud Strategy. Leveraging providers like AWS, CenturyLink and Microsoft Azure.
• Ensure that the system meets operational capacity and availability standards required to keep the Digital Airline system viable for end-to-end customer solutions. This includes establishing a system of metrics to ensure that these goals are met.
• Work with Boeing Information Technology in the selection of external computing providers.
• Responsible for a global supplier network in support of the Digital Airline customers.
• Work with aviation customers and software providers to build systems configuration for custom solutions to meet Digital Airline customer needs.
• Establish partnerships with competency centers within Digital Aviation and the broader Boeing organization to ensure that excellence is achieved for technology development.
• Support acquisitions of new companies into the Boeing/Jeppesen organizations. From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) CAS Senior IT Manager @ Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and managing a high quality, cost effective IT infrastructure strategy for CAS that is aligned to their business objectives and focused on continual improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure systems reliability, availability, security, delivery of services and operational support for the CAS segregated infrastructure (CIE) solution targeted for customer facing solutions.
• Plan, direct and supervise the work of assigned personnel who perform IT operational duties for the CSI program.
• Participate in technology research, procurement, deployment and configuration of new systems.
• Manage performance, availability and capacity planning for CAS segregated infrastructure (CIE) solution.
• Sponsor and lead initiatives to extend out the CAS infrastructure to 3rd Party Public and Private) Cloud providers.
• Sponsor CAS technology development projects like implanting web acceleration technologies, implementation of Citrix and Managed File transfer solutions that help tackle global performance issues and benefit all CAS applications.
• Responsible for a $50+million financial budget.
• Develop and execute out program mission, vision and strategic goals.
• Successfully deployed and launched the new CAS segregated infrastructure (CIE) solution in 2010 without any negative impacts to CAS users. In 2012, oversaw the CSI Team to deliver improved availability result with the new CAS segregated infrastructure (CIE) solution of 99.99%
• Successfully migrated several critical CAS critical customer facing applications to the CAS segregated infrastructure (CIE) solution.
• Sponsored and launched several cloud initiatives (Public and Private) in 2012 and into 2013.
• Consistently recognized for receiving strong employee survey scores and “Exceed Expectation” ratings on my annual performance reviews.
• Selected for the Executive IT Mentoring program. From November 2010 to November 2013 (3 years 1 month) CAS IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager @ Responsible for direct management of: IT Architects; Operation Analysts; Project Managers: System Admins; Database Admins; Configuration Management and Release Management Analysts; Incident Management Team; Functional Analysts; and Testers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Sponsor and drive out critical technology strategies/solutions and business plans.
• Provide hardware scalability and capacity plans to meet required and projected user volumes.
• Manage 2nd and 3rd tier support for a set of critical CAS customer facing applications. This included maintaining & troubleshooting 3rd party and internal software, hardware and infrastructure for Toolbox suite of applications.
o Monitor and manage the health of those applications and their integrations with other customer and internal applications.
• Led performance improvement initiatives (infrastructure, hardware, network and application) that helped support meeting customer agreed availability targets (99.9%).
• Build strategy for system/application monitoring (tools, approach, etc.). Leading effort to improve upon monitoring capability (ex. Integrating additional HP monitoring and diagnostic tools).
• Sponsored implementing ITIL Configuration, Release and Incident ITIL processes.
• Lead architecture meetings for key critical CAS customer facing applications.
• Reviewed trends in the delivery of services or products to the customer experience.
• Manage over 40+ development and production environments.
• Responsible for a $30+million financial budget.
• Helped lead efforts to meet the application’s 99.9% availability target
• Received awards for successfully managing IT relationships with a key airline customers’ IT team and IT leaders.
• Received numerous Boeing Pride awards in recognition for leadership, initiative and customer service on key initiatives. From August 2006 to November 2010 (4 years 4 months) Global Process Manager @ Responsible for defining, ensuring consistent execution and successful rollout of process improvements targeted to improving how IT responded to incidents (incidents being system outages and degradation of applications/service). Instrumental in defining the roles and responsibilities that execute/support these processes and ensuring that appropriate changes are made in response to changing business conditions.
Key accomplishments include:
• Implemented formal incident review sessions to review major incidents and action steps taken to prevent or minimize the incidents from reoccurring.
• Launched several initiatives establishing more accountability and visibility across all IT areas once a major incident occurred.
• Updated the major incident process and roles within it to ensure timely resolution of incidents for Safeco’s critical applications and services (ex. claims, billing, and policy processing applications, etc.).
• Launched corporate target metrics for incident resolution and response times and a more effective prioritization matrix being used by all applicable Safeco employees to more effectively identify the proper classification of incident and kickoff the appropriate action response.
• Helped design and launch IT policy detailing performance expectations for ‘on-call’ analysts and their managers.
• Net result from these initiatives/changes has been a consistent decrease in the average number of major incidents taking place each month and the response time to resolve them. Also using the Capability Maturity Model, assessment scale for processes, within the 1st year the incident process is closer to target level 3 – ‘Control State’ (repeatable process) than previous years. From April 2005 to July 2006 (1 year 4 months) IT Systems Manager @ Responsible for direct management of Business Analysts, Project Managers and Application Developers including but not limited to: employee development; coaching; salary administration; and performance evaluations. Hands-on experience leading all stages of system development efforts, including requirements definition, design, testing, and support. Assist with the development and management of an annual $7M budget, critical product strategies and business plans.
Key accomplishments include:
• Delivered on time and on budget a new $3 million claims application for one of Safeco’s key business areas.
• Implemented several key ACORD XML Electronic Data Interchange Initiatives which automated the processing of bonds between Safeco and different trading partner’s agent management systems. Team received 5 awards for these initiatives in 2004 including the ‘Business Automation Improvement Award’.
• Helped lead effort to define and implement business partner’s IT System Strategy.
• Led and sponsored three key initiatives that were sourced using offshore companies Infosys and Cognizant:
• Design, build and deliver a Data Mart solution to improve business partner’s reporting capabilities.
• Produce technical documentation for a key mainframe system.
• Build and deliver a package of enhancements for the most heavily utilized client server application used by our business partner. From August 2000 to April 2005 (4 years 9 months)
Masters in Business Administration, Information Systems @ City University of SeattleBachelors, Sociology @ University of Washington Satpal Gill is skilled in: Computing and Network infrastructure, Performance and Scalability Testing, IT Operations, Application Development, ITIL, Global Performance, Service Monitoring, Program and Project Management, Cloud Computing, IT Strategy, Process Improvement, Cross Functional Team Leadership, ITIL Process, Software Development, Applications Delivery
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension