VP, Operational Risk Manager - Loss Prevention @ Bank of America (Merchant Services)
B.S. Economics, (Marketing, Management, French) @
University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School
Senior Vice President @ Inxent provides a real-time transaction processing platform to automate every aspect of loyalty programs for credit card issuers, loyalty program operators, merchants, and brand owners, from real-time reporting to delivering rewards at the point of sale. This private, venture funded company is focused on creating a new Network to process Consumer Incentives (Coupons,
Senior Vice President @ Inxent provides a real-time transaction processing platform to automate every aspect of loyalty programs for credit card issuers, loyalty program operators, merchants, and brand owners, from real-time reporting to delivering rewards at the point of sale. This private, venture funded company is focused on creating a new Network to process Consumer Incentives (Coupons, Discounts, Reward Points, Tokens) instantly at the merchant point of sale, enabling merchants to create and accept incentives inline within the payment stream.
- Senior executive at Inxent, Inc., an incentive transaction processing business backed by Thomvest Seed Capital. Reports directly to CEO.
- Responsible for internal company operations, customer relations, business development, sales, and strategic partnerships.
- Oversees customer relationship management and service delivery to key accounts.
- Develops sales pipeline and sources industry partnershipers, including networks, sponsor banks, processors, and service providers. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaVP, Enterprise Risk Management @ - Leader for enterprise risk management and corporate insurance program for Vantiv, LLC - a leading payment processor operating both Merchant Services and Financial Institution transaction processing businesses.
- Responsible for corporate risk management support across all areas and functions, reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Executed development and implementation (stand up) of a new Enterprise Risk Management program - including risk framework, KRI reporting, and related activities to support separation of business from parent company (Fifth Third Bank).
- Ownership for Corporate Insurance Program, including broker relationship, claims oversight, and annual policy renewal activities.
- Drives monthly Risk Committee meetings; provides program updates for Audit Committee.
- Partners closely with executive team and senior leaders across the company, including Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Network Compliance, Security, Internal Audit, and Operations, to identify risks, conduct root cause analysis, and drive change.
- Risk advisor to company's Strategic Investment Committee, providing governance and stewardship for company's investments in new products, transformational projects, and top initiatives.
- Established Risk Management team to manage key functions including:
* Third-Party Risk Mgmt, incl. due diligence & monitoring of Outside Service Providers;
* Risk Assessment of proposed new products & initiatives;
* Internal/External Audit coordination, support, and issue resolution;
* Ensuring that emerging risks and changes to industry trends are identified; and
* Developing and executing risk mitigation strategies From March 2010 to September 2013 (3 years 7 months) VP, Operational Risk Manager - Loss Prevention @ - Led strategic direction and day-to-day management for Merchant Risk Monitoring & Investigations department (60+ associates)
- Achieved significant results related to business loss forecast, reducing actual losses to below plan targets for YE 2009
- Implemented a new risk monitoring system and related process improvements to increase effectiveness
- Developed and implemented Quality Control routines to identify opportunities for ongoing associate training
- Lead development of a documented department training manual and standard operating procedures
- Developed productivity metrics/dashboards, and increased transparency and communication with key partners From January 2009 to March 2010 (1 year 3 months) VP, Operational Risk Manager @ - Key leader of operational risk management for Merchant Services business; focused on issue resolution, risk mitigation and compliance for the New Account Underwriting/Fulfillment and Contact Center areas.
- Implemented periodic operational risk testing program and monthly risk scorecard.
- Implemented a Control Self-Assessment Program (CSA) for core business functions to capture key risks and controls, as well as action plans for improvements needed. Approach was recognized as a best practice and adopted by other lines of business across the company. From October 2008 to January 2009 (4 months) AVP, Sr. Operational Risk Specialist / Manager @ - Responsible for operational implementation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program and policy, as related to the USA Patriot Act.
- Led a portfolio review that included complex data analysis of 200K+ customer accounts
- Drove creation and implementation of new client verification process; developed new procedure and training for 200 associates
- Demonstrated ability to lead / influence successfully in a matrix environment. Led integration of risk routines into larger organization. From March 2007 to September 2008 (1 year 7 months) Relationship Sales Strategies & Analytics Analyst @ - Identified opportunities to market consumer credit card to customers and prospects; analyzed sales data and portfolio performance.
- Designed cross-selling initiatives and developed reporting processes for new sales channels. From June 2006 to March 2007 (10 months) Management Development Program Participant @ - Participated in intensive rotational program in Consumer Lending, gaining experience in operations and call center management through multiple projects and by developing solutions for Credit, Activation, Fraud, Collections, Retention, & Customer Service.
- Managed teams of 20-30 associates in multiple Operations areas, including Collections and Customer Service. From September 2005 to June 2006 (10 months) Summer Associate @ From June 2004 to August 2004 (3 months)
Master of Science in Risk Management @ New York University - Leonard N. Stern School of Business From 2012 to 2013 B.S. Economics, (Marketing, Management, French) @ University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School From 2001 to 2005 Sarah Rogers is skilled in: Risk Management, Financial Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Risk Assessment, Process Improvement, Operational Risk, Governance, Management, Banking, AML, Leadership, Fraud, Internal Audit, Payments
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension