Finance Consultant @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Self Employed - Finance Director (Interim) @ From September 2014 to March 2015 (7 months) Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaFinancial Planning & Reporting Manager @ As part of the Senior Finance team, responsibility for all monthly and annual reporting for the continually growing UK and Group business with Turnover
Finance Consultant @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Self Employed - Finance Director (Interim) @ From September 2014 to March 2015 (7 months) Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaFinancial Planning & Reporting Manager @ As part of the Senior Finance team, responsibility for all monthly and annual reporting for the continually growing UK and Group business with Turnover in excess of £400m. Overseeing UK management accounts production and managing the Group and UK budget and re-forecasting processes. Key areas of responsibility include:
• Management and delivery of the annual UK and Group budget in conjunction
• Completion of periodic forecasts and high level forecasts to determine business outlook
• Preparation of monthly cashflow forecasts and covenant projections
• Analysis of forecast capital expenditure and implementation analysis of capital investments
• Current trading reviews by sites and company wide including trend analysis
• Evaluation of marketing and retail promotions and campaigns
• Production of monthly management accounts and review of Board Pack commentary
• Regular review of all Balance Sheet reconciliations and Fixed Asset Register
• Oversee annual Year End and Statutory Reporting processes
• Daily cash flow management to gain optimum benefit for the Vue Group
• Management of Internal Audit function
Specific recent projects have included working with external parties to produce due diligence reports and financial analysis as part of the change in Vue ownership and Bond issue. From January 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 8 months) London, United KingdomFinancial Controller @ Leading the finance function for the Passenger and Freight businesses (Turnover £100m+) with responsibility for all areas of financial analysis, reporting and control.
• Production of Board Papers and presentation of financial results and project reviews at Board meetings.
• Meetings with external stakeholders including harbours authorities to negotiate annual dues.
• Project lead on yield management review resulting in strategic pricing decisions.
• Strategic cost management review and development of freight strategy in line with economic challenges.
• Responsibility for annual budget and forecasting process for Ferries division, working with operations teams to determine annual KPI targets.
• Business projections around schedule changes, product implementation, and pricing changes.
• Investment appraisal analysis leading to the purchase of a new vessel in 2010.
• Fleet strategy review and analysis, schedule modelling and capital expenditure reviews, with recommendation for future fleet replacement.
• Projects include implementation of Costa Coffee wholesale product on vessels, retail price increases and promotions analysis.
• Detailed analysis of retail KPIs to include spend per passenger across vessels and locations.
• Implementation of retail system upgrade and outsourcing IT retail support to external company.
• Management of the finance team including financial analysts, credit control, payroll, retail finance, customer accounting & management accountants
• Restructure of finance department and simplification of accounting processes from IT automation. From December 2009 to December 2012 (3 years 1 month) Financial Consultant @ On leaving Fitness First, the chairman and founder, Mike Balfour, offered me a role overseeing financial and operational activities across his portfolio including...
Pure Health & Fitness – Warsaw, Poland. A chain of health clubs across Eastern Europe with the first opening in Warsaw in July 2008.
• Recruiting, managing and developing financial accounting team in Poland
• Development of weekly reports and monthly management accounts packs, budgets and forecasts
• Creation of five year business plan for potential investors
• Evaluating finance and membership IT systems for implementation plus team training
• Setting up internal control procedures including stock and cash controls in club
• Monthly cost management reviews including capital expenditure and optimal staffing levels
• Registration of share capital changes, liaising with lawyers on Polish tax law issues.
• Meetings with banks to discuss loan arrangements, credit terms and future investment
The Hideaways Club, London & Gibraltar, Luxury holiday property company.
• Development of a ten year detailed business plan and analysis of current performance.
• Production of investment model - presenting to heads of private equity businesses
• Development of new reporting pack and monthly performance analysis for the Board
• Liaising with auditors to provide documentation including Articles of Association &Title Deeds.
Ocean Village & Atlantic Suites Health Clubs, Gibraltar, operating with all profits donated to Save The Children.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and budgets, reporting and membership analysis.
• Resolution of customer payment issue and review of cost base on first visit resulting in employment structure changes. Supporting the MD and corporate sales team.
• Cashflow forecasting and liaising with suppliers for optimal credit terms and discounts
• Maintain accounting records & EU Grant applications. Ensure adherence to Gibraltar employment regulations From March 2008 to November 2009 (1 year 9 months) UK Financial Planning & Analysis Manager @ I joined Fitness First at a time of rapid growth as the Company became the largest gym, health and fitness group in the world. Key responsibilities included:
• Brief, advise and support the FD, MD and Operations Directors in managing financial and operational performance
• Produce and present monthly financial reviews with divisional operations teams
• Manage reporting to the executive board and parent company, and industry benchmarking.
• Leading the analytical and financial operations team, managing performance, personal development and team recruitment
• Development of complex budget membership and revenue models.
• Evaluating impact of pricing changes, retention rates and membership growth rates.
• Working between finance and non-finance teams, delivering financial results to regional managers
• Finance support to business – business case appraisals, due diligence, scenario modelling
• Supported implementation of two management information systems
• Development of financial scorecards for reporting to senior management
• Financial analysis and evaluation of new acquisitions
• Financing – preparation of business plans, and presentations to banks
• Accounting - evaluation of asset impairment and input to statutory reporting documents From November 2003 to February 2008 (4 years 4 months) Assistant Manager @ Following University, I joined Deloitte and spent 3 years gaining experience to achieve the ACA qualification.
• Audit assistant manager – audit experience with a variety of large and small clients including WHSmith plc, Tottenham Hotspur plc, Dixons plc and Grosvenor Ltd.
• Experience in managing multiple projects, resource planning, team leadership and communication with clients to Board level
• Planning and performing the Interim Review including consultations with senior client personnel and reviewing sales agreements.
• Preparing the financial statements on behalf of clients and auditing the consolidation schedules.
• Internal Controls Assessment within WHSmith Plc and review of business processes. From October 2000 to October 2003 (3 years 1 month) London, United Kingdom
BA Hons, Mathematics @ University of Oxford From 1997 to 2000 St Lawrence College From 1991 to 1997 Sarah Grainger is skilled in: Management, Managerial Finance, Operations Management, Budgets, Strategic Financial Planning, Business Analysis, Sales Management, CRM, Mergers, Human Resources, Negotiation, Contract Negotiation, Financial Accounting, Business Development, Account Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension