Account Coordinator - Acquisition Team Lead @
New York University
Associate Account Manager Professional Development @ Houzz is the leading platform for home remodeling and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish - online or from a mobile device. From decorating a room to building a custom home, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement
Associate Account Manager Professional Development @ Houzz is the leading platform for home remodeling and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish - online or from a mobile device. From decorating a room to building a custom home, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement professionals across the country and around the world. With the largest residential design database in the world and a vibrant community powered by social tools, Houzz is the easiest way for people to get the design inspiration, project advice, product information and professional reviews they need to help turn ideas into reality. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Account Coordinator - Acquisition Team Lead @ Team Lead From June 2015 to September 2015 (4 months) Account Coordinator @ From January 2015 to September 2015 (9 months) Specialist @ Mentorship Team Member:
•Planning and facilitating employee new hire training for business conduct, sales, product and service knowledge as well as carrier support.
•Provide guidance and insight for new hires through coaching and feedback for personal and career development
Extended Business Team Associate:
•Generating new leads and building relationships with business clientele through initial contact and in store events.
•Providing business solutions, forming business connections, qualified to support business and Joint Venture clientele.
•Leader in wireless carrier knowledge and support for in store questions and procedural resolutions.
•Facilitating interactive workshops for groups of 2-9 people to instruct users on how to efficiently use their devices, understand operating systems, iCloud, iTunes and Apple created Mac applications.
•Skilled in translating dense technical information into consumer friendly terms and analogies for better product comparison and understanding.
•Articulating dense technical information into consumer friendly terms and analogies for product comparison and understanding. From August 2013 to February 2015 (1 year 7 months) Creative Services and Promotions Intern @ •Utilized WideOrbit to schedule programming for 3 Tribune channels to ensure seamless traffic flow and correct spot placement.
•Assisted in production and location scouting for various shows and upcoming promotions including KTLA nightly news and Arsenio Hall as well as paid promotions.
•Coordinated and managed talent groups, catering and transportation and shot placement during promotional video shoots.
•Captured and published photos and commentaries of talent on KTLA 5 morning News interviews for social media channels.
•Collaborated closely with GM, Marketing Director, as well as supporting script writing, reporting and video editing teams. From June 2013 to September 2013 (4 months) Premium Seating Intern @ •Developed marketing strategy ideas and researched potential clientele for season ticket offers VIP promotions.
•Prospected businesses using marketing strategy tools to offer VIP group deals and accommodations.
•Assisted with event planning, management and venue operations in hospitality areas and premium seating during live concerts at 6 different venues.
•Coordinated promotional events for prospective premium seating clients to introduce offers and showcase facilities. From March 2013 to September 2013 (7 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaEditorial Intern @ Editorial fact checking
Writing about Los Angeles daily events
Creating content for posts, researching current events and writing about assigned topics
Formatting photo pages, sourcing and tagging photos
Updating calendar events From January 2013 to March 2013 (3 months) Online Marketing Intern @ • Organized ticket and tour data into excel spreadsheets, and configured the information into interactive html tables for website.
• Increased blogging traffic by 10 percent, using relevant social media websites to advertise blog page.
• Accumulated relevant data about artists, and composed informational blog posts specific to each touring performer or event.
• Recognized as third most visited blog post, against the home page, on Razorgator blogging site upon first entry in July.
• Marketed events such as iHeartRadio, Red Hot Chili Peppers Tour, US Open Tennis, and New York entertainment, among others.
• Promoted blog posts on fan pages, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and other social networking sites. From June 2012 to September 2012 (4 months) JumpStart Teaching Assistant @ • Coordinated classroom activities for biweekly sessions in reading, art, science and writing.
• Motivated children from various backgrounds to enjoy reading and encouraged ESL students to feel comfortable speaking in the classroom.
• Communicated consistently with parents of children, and addressed child’s strengths and opportunities in class sessions.
• Committed to 300 hours, un-paid, for classroom sessions, preparation of coursework, and team meetings.
• Published monthly newsletters regarding the effectiveness and goals of the Jumpstart program, to increase parent involvement.
• Facilitated non-profit volunteer programs to advocate for literacy in childhood education. From October 2011 to June 2012 (9 months) Customer Service Representative @ • Maintained integrity of company by protecting privacy of account information and following the Credo of Verizon Wireless.
• Analyzed relevant information and positioned products based on consumer type and need.
• Inventoried and categorized all incoming performance reports, return receipts and daily paperwork into organized files.
• Handled store’s daily cash flow, and nightly balancing of all registers in the store.
• Conducted one on one support and education for mobile devices and broadband accounts.
• Clarified and translated difficult terminology for better consumer understanding.
• Awarded TOP 5 overall CSR in the district for meeting quota and saving returns for multiple months during employment.
• Trained new hires in proper store etiquette and sales techniques. From September 2008 to September 2011 (3 years 1 month) Sales Associate @ From November 2006 to October 2008 (2 years)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Global Studies @ University of California, Los Angeles From 2011 to 2013 Salma Elbarmawi is skilled in: Leadership, Social Media, Sales, Editing, Conflict Resolution, Event Planning, Marketing, Public Speaking, Press Releases, Blogging, Facebook, Employee Training, Customer Service, PowerPoint, English
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension