Business Solution Architect @ work as a presales vCloud Solution Architect for GCR for Business Development team for VMware Cloud business / solutions. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Sr. Solutions Architect, CoE @ Job Description The Charter of the VMware Centers of Excellence (CoE) is to work directly with Product Development
Business Solution Architect @ work as a presales vCloud Solution Architect for GCR for Business Development team for VMware Cloud business / solutions. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Sr. Solutions Architect, CoE @ Job Description The Charter of the VMware Centers of Excellence (CoE) is to work directly with Product Development and Field/Partner Sales & Delivery organizations to incubate and help bring to market the next generation of deep technical architectures, solutions and services. The VMware CoE has three main areas of focus -1) advanced product and solution incubation development well in advance of market availability, 2) emerging solutions, services, and escalations, and 3) continuous knowledge exchange between all key stakeholders in VMware and Partner Communities.
- Present VMware’s company vision, strategy and product roadmaps to customer and partner executives and technical management
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for CoE focus area opportunities in the product incubation phase and during the development of emerging solutions and services.
- Knowledge matter expert technical assistance for field and partner engagements in managing or consulting on CoE focus areas regarding initial implementations for emerging solutions and services offerings
- Develop and maintain technical and business expertise of CoE focus area industry directions and trends
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Document service toolkits, best practices & architectural references for developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Provide training on emerging solutions and services offerings for Field Specialists and Partner Sales & Delivery organizations From January 2010 to December 2011 (2 years) Sr. Consultant @ First consultant in VMware for GCR. From April 2006 to December 2009 (3 years 9 months) Sr. Solution Architect @ Software team solution architect. HP name accounts support for architecting HP software solutions to key HP accounts. From January 1999 to February 2006 (7 years 2 months)
Master, EMBA @ National Chengchi University From 2003 to 2005 Bachelor, Computer Science @ Tatung University From 1989 to 1993 Tainan First Senior High School From 1987 to 1989 SHIH-YI LIU is skilled in: Cloud Computing, Pre-sales, VMware, Product Management, Business Intelligence, Data Center, Storage, Virtualization, HP, Strategy, Enterprise Software, Networking, SaaS, Management, Solution Architecture, IT Service Management, Go-to-market Strategy, Technical Architecture, OpenStack
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension