Director of Business Applications @ Keck Medicine of USC
Principal/Consultant @ Uehara Consulting
Professional Services Executive @ CHMB - California Healthcare Medical Billing
Results-driven Technology & Management Professional with a stellar, 20+ year record of advancement and achievement. Expert at leading cross-functional groups to achieve key gains in efficiency and quality. Ability to leverage technology innovation and process analysis to drive continued operational improvement. Strong experience in the healthcare and technology arenas. Offer unique adaptability based on consulting background at
Results-driven Technology & Management Professional with a stellar, 20+ year record of advancement and achievement. Expert at leading cross-functional groups to achieve key gains in efficiency and quality. Ability to leverage technology innovation and process analysis to drive continued operational improvement. Strong experience in the healthcare and technology arenas. Offer unique adaptability based on consulting background at a Big 5 firm.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Project & Program Management
Financial Analysis & Reporting
Budgeting & Cost Accounting
Vendor Contract Negotiations
Process Redesign & Improvement
Data Center Operations
Enterprise Resource and Planning
Electronic Health Records
Software as a Service (SaaS)
Director of Business Applications @ From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Principal/Consultant @ Providing project management and technology consulting services to assist clients in implementing and improving systems and processes to address business needs. Particular focus within the Health Care industry, but adept with technology in general and managing technology related projects. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Professional Services Executive @ Responsible for technical services and operations in support of 3,000+ physicians nationwide. Lead application services departments to support clients on practice management, electronic health record systems, and guiding integration with various other products and organizations. Managed technical infrastructure.
• Managed relationship with one of the largest healthcare providers in the country.
• Completed 4 major EHR application upgrades on time and with minimal disruption.
• Drove technology infrastructure improvements that yielded 300% performance increase and in-creased system availability and redundancy.
• Enabled multiple physician groups to attest for Meaningful Use Stage 1.
• Worked with various vendor partners including: Allscripts, Dell, Sprint, AT&T From March 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 10 months) Director, Clinical Information Systems @ Director of the Clinicial Information Services department responsible for the implementation and Support of the Allscripts Enterprise Electronic Health Record and associated clinical systems to support the medical group of over 500 physicians across three states. Worked with all organization levels to plan enhancements and ensure current services met user needs. Developed and managed department’s $30M budget. Served as primary liaison with business departments to ensure alignment of information services with organization.
• Integrated multiple electronic health records within the enterprise, as well as other initiatives to im-prove patient/physician satisfaction and efficiency.
• Eliminated $2M+ transcription costs in first year after launching electronic health record within the 400+ physician multi-specialty medical group.
• Improved departmental finance management by instituting various procedures and controls.
• Cut annual costs by negotiating multiyear contracts with key vendors including Cisco, Computer Associates, Microsoft, SBC/AT&T, and Sprint. Efforts resulted in savings from $600K over 3 years to up to $12K per month for 7 years.
• Significantly reduced service outages by rolling out SOPs for service management and quality im-provement, consistent with ITIL and other best-practice frameworks.
• Developed and implemented department’s project management methodology and support system to include status monitoring and fiscal management. From 2005 to March 2011 (6 years) Director @ Administered and supported the Lawson Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system used for general accounting, procurement/supply chain, and project costing. Served as the technical SME and developed data mapping for conversion into SAP
Spearheaded and developed interfaces for electronic data interchange (EDI) with multiple trading partners to support operations, facilitating the automated processing of thousands of orders and invoices.
Conducted internal Sarbanes-Oxley technical review and audit for the organization. Developed and implemented remediation steps for Information Technology department. From 2002 to 2005 (3 years) Senior Manager @ • Rapidly promoted from consultant to senior manager due to excellence in client service delivery.
• Generated and closed $1.75M consulting services sales in 9 months as account manager.
• Implemented systems at multiple client organizations, including one that achieved a $28M savings over 2 years and another with $13M savings in a year by implementing successful ERP systems.
• Developed SaaS financial system for small medium businesses based on a leading enterprise-level ERP system and an associated accelerated implementation toolset and methodology.
• Developed and conducted unit and integrated testing plans.
• Conducted Information Systems Review within various organizations, reviewing all factors within a technology department, including: staffing levels, capabilities, technology, and processes.
• Developed multiple Strategic Information Services Plans for wide variety of organizations. From 1993 to 2002 (9 years)
BS @ University of California, Berkeley From 1989 to 1993 Schurr From 1985 to 1989 Royce Uehara is skilled in: Healthcare IT, ERP, Healthcare, Process Improvement, EHR, Program Management, Vendor Management, Management Consulting, Databases, Data Analysis, Data Warehousing, Data Center, Database Administration, ITIL, SOX Compliancy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension