President, Technology Commercialisation, Executive Director @ • Responsible for development and leverage of NAN's IP portfolio, developing new products to expand the NAN product pipeline and developing strategic relationships to implement corporate commercial strategy. From November 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Sydney Area, AustraliaChief Executive Officer, Managing Director @ • Senior executive, CEO and Director
President, Technology Commercialisation, Executive Director @ • Responsible for development and leverage of NAN's IP portfolio, developing new products to expand the NAN product pipeline and developing strategic relationships to implement corporate commercial strategy. From November 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Sydney Area, AustraliaChief Executive Officer, Managing Director @ • Senior executive, CEO and Director with ~20 years’ experience in developing intellectual property into commercial products.
• Strategic thinker with ability to develop and execute detailed business plans and negotiate deals
• An energising leader and communicator comfortable with the visibility and promotional aspects of running a listed entity.
• Detail focused manager experienced at setting targets and managing to outcomes across multiple corporate functions and geographies.
• As CEO and Managing Director grew Nanosonics from a market capitalization of ~$100M to ~$240M within 2 years in a challenging economic environment. Grew revenue from $2.3M revenue to $14.9M over the same period and positioned the company for near-term profitability.
• Experienced at capital-raising in a publicly listed environment, share-register restructure and investor relations management.
• Skilled at global product roll-out: developing strategies for entering key markets and attracting major distribution and brand partners (Toshiba and General Electric).
• A passionate leader and talent manager who can attract qualified candidates and engender staff loyalty through clear communication and employee engagement.
• Led the development of a world class medical device manufacturing facility that exports globally and is compliant to FDA, TGA, CE and otherl standards.
• Led a team that was responsible for having two USA FDA 510(k) applications approved as well as CE Mark (EU) and other international regulatory approvals.
• Led the implementation of ISO:13485, an international medical device Quality Management System; the essential foundation for global medical device sales.
• Recognized expert in IP portfolio development linked to a well-defined, successful, commercialization strategy. Developed the IP portfolio for an ASX-listed biotech company and for products some being sold globally with a >$800M market opportunity.
• Proven innovator in life sciences. Inventor of multiple patents. From June 2011 to October 2013 (2 years 5 months) Chief Operations Officer @ • Led the team to two successful FDA 510(k) regulatory applications which are essential for marketing trophon EPR in the USA, the largest medical device market in the world.
• Led the team to successful regulatory approval by Health Canada.
• Hired the former Head of Manufacturing (Machines), Resmed (world-leading Australian medical device company), to lead the initiative to establish NAN as a world class manufacturing facility for medical devices.
• Increased manufacturing capacity by 50%.
• Rolled out two improved variants of trophon, Nanosonics lead product with significant improvements in manufacturing efficiency and quality. Launched globally From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) General Manager Innovation and Technology, Chair, Nanosonics Advisory Board @ • Led the development of the Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio for trophon EPR that today stands at 10 patent families.
• Achieved CE Mark for EU right to market.
• Achieved TGA approval for Australian right to market.
• Led the design, engineering and scientific product development efforts for trophon EPR. From 2007 to 2010 (3 years) Head of R&D @ • Developed the core technology platform for the NAN “NanoNebulisation” process which is targeted at low temperature disinfection and sterilisation.
• Inventor of core technology patents.
• Author of successful “Commercial Ready” and “START” Federal government R&D grant applications to the value of $5M. This funding was fundamental to taking trophon EPR to market.
• Led the implementation of ISO:13485, the foundation Quality Management System for medical device companies. From August 2004 to May 2007 (2 years 10 months) Sydney Area, Australia
Ph.D., Medical Biochemistry @ University of Newcastle From 1984 to 1988 B.Sc. (Hons), Molecular Pharmacology @ University of Sydney From 1979 to 1983 Ron Weinberger is skilled in: ISO 13485, R&D, Product Development, Quality System, Medical Devices, Product Management, Biotechnology, Commercialization, FDA, Lifesciences, Contract Negotiation, Management, Start-ups, Change Management, Product Launch
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension