BA Adv. Mjr. (Nova Scotia, Canada) @
St. Francis Xavier University
SVP, Product Management & Innovation / Chief Product Officer (CPO)
Accomplished software product manager executive with an exceptional record of success in assembling and leading talented professionals to build innovative software solutions. Demonstrated ability to attract talent based on reputation, leadership and successes. Skilled in bringing new technologies and products to decision makers at the senior executive
SVP, Product Management & Innovation / Chief Product Officer (CPO)
Accomplished software product manager executive with an exceptional record of success in assembling and leading talented professionals to build innovative software solutions. Demonstrated ability to attract talent based on reputation, leadership and successes. Skilled in bringing new technologies and products to decision makers at the senior executive level in both start-up & and global enterprises. Experience spans domestic and international markets, solution sales, application development, mergers & acquisitions, consumer and enterprise software. Strong analytical, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and presentation skills.
USA Green Card & Permanent Resident. Permitted to work in both USA & Canada.
Senior Vice President, E-Commerce / Academic Tools Product Development & Strategic Marketing @ Follett Higher Education Group generates more than $2.9 billion in annual sales by providing universities, colleges and school districts with a wide range of educational technology tools and retail services. We are America's largest college retailer supporting over 1750 e-commerce sites with over 1222 retail locations on campuses throughout the US & Canada.
Reporting to the President of Follett Higher Education Group, and a member of the division senior executive team, I lead a team of 50 technology product professionals that manage a $500M consumer-based ecommerce P&L.
Lead eCommerce product management & development for eFollett – One of the largest eCommerce platforms in the USA (#76 on Internet Retailers Top 500) consisting of over 1750 websites, which deliver one of the highest conversation rates in the industry (5-7%) and remains one of the world’s largest installs for IBM WebSphere Commerce.
Oversee platform product management for the ecommerce Order Management System (OMS), lead digital advertising efforts including SEM, SEO, Display, CSEs, Affiliate Marketing, online merchandising operations, and web analytics.
Additionally lead Academic Tools & Utilities product management team that develops applications to facilitate faculty course material discovery & adoption, publisher content delivery, campus LMS & SIS integrations, course materials with tuition programs (IncludED), and student e-learning study tools. Collectively these tools & services generate $50M in annual sales.
Lead strategic planning, strategy, and research for the business. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Vice-President of Product Management & Customer Experience @ Reporting to the President of Redbox, and a member of the Executive Council, this role is responsible for feature innovation and product road maps for all Web, Mobile, Kiosk, Marketing Platform Engines, and API experiences exposed to over 65 Million consumers a month. Product scope includes movie & video game online & retail (Kiosk) rental experiences, and business coordination for the online streaming investment in Redbox Instant by Verizon Wireless.
- Lead a team of 45 senior managers responsible for Online Analytics & Insights, User Experience & Design, Consumer Product Usability Research, Consumer Kiosk, Mobile (Androis, iOS, Win 8), and Web features, and building a consumer data & analytics campaign management platform with SAS & Experian.
- Responsible for the corporate Product Governance & Prioritization Process based on ideation, business planning, and road mapping functions. Maintain senior executive-level insight into product pipeline and own various aspects of the P&L based on features built that drive basket & frequency within the retail consumer base.
- Role expanded to oversee the building of consumer experiences related to Loyalty Programs, Alternative Payment / Digital Wallet, and Retail Gift Card strategies. From March 2012 to May 2013 (1 year 3 months) Greater Chicago AreaVice-President, Product Management & Innovation - Digital Solutions Group @ Ranked 249th on the Fortune 500, RR Donnelley (Nasdaq:RRD) is a global provider of integrated communications. The Company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide to develop custom communications solutions that reduce costs, enhance ROI and ensure compliance. Drawing on a range of proprietary and commercially available digital and conventional technologies deployed across four continents, the Company employs a suite of leading Internet-based capabilities and other resources to provide premedia, printing, logistics and business process outsourcing products and services to leading clients in virtually every private and public sector.
I was responsible for the product strategy & integration for corporate acquisitions in the digital content generation and delivery space. Client firms served with these solutions were mostly Fortune 500 companies and include Best Buy, Target, Staples, Walmart, Sears, ATT, and Morgan Stanley. Managed a diverse team of senior staff members in developing product strategy, locating strategic acquisitions, and executing on a product pipeline to monetize the investment.
- Responsible for the product management function of over 22 customer facing ASP solutions, which are responsible for enabling $6 Billion in annual sales, achieving sales growth year over year since 2003.
- Continued the successful business and solution development and marketing of CustomPoint®, a key driver of more than $1B in corporate revenue that was sold to more than 800 enterprise-level customers. This ASP solution enables digital publishing, direct response, multi-channel marketing, warehousing, and intelligent content distribution for enterprise level clients.
- Instrumental in 6 major investments, all multimillion-dollar businesses, guiding the team’s research and analysis to fill strategic gaps in multichannel marketing, content conversion, mobile video, digital publications, and creative services. From May 2007 to March 2012 (4 years 11 months) Director of Product Management & Business Development, Premedia Technologies @ Premedia Technologies offers a complete, fully-integrated suite of prepress services and solutions that manage and organize content for publishing and printing purposes. Our network of over 40 locations guarantees service to all markets and customers.
Creative Services: A broad range of creative services - writing, design and production - for every market. A true one-stop shop for any project.
Photography: Our professional photographers have done it all - from food to fashion to room scenes. With powerful online tools that make managing and approving photography fast, simple and efficient.
Color Services: Accurate color… every time. Our reputation for quality and service make us the leader in color management. Advanced technologies like Digital Swatch Match and ShareStream® help match and manage color consistency across multiple media.
Production: Experienced production professionals focus on meeting your unique needs, from file preparation to print event management, on any platform. We have superior technology that provides real-time tracking and true, end-to-end services.
Ad Management: Ads in any version, any language, for placement anywhere in the world at any time. We have leading-edge tools to preflight, proof and store them.
Facilities Management: All the advantages of an in-house operation without the management challenges or capital investment.
Packaging: From concept to market, RR Donnelley Premedia Technologies delivers the complete package. We have the resources and expertise to manage your entire production process from start to finish. We work closely with your printer or converter to achieve the highest quality no matter the print format or substrate.
Technology Solutions: The most advanced, forward-looking technologies built into a dependable and easy to use platform. Designed to enhance our clients' workflow and support their collaborative, high-speed work environment. From May 2005 to May 2007 (2 years 1 month) Senior Product Manager - Consumer & Enterprise Software @ Corel’s headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, with major offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Taiwan, China and Japan. Our products are available around the world through a well-established network of international resellers, retailers, original equipment manufacturers, online providers and on our websites. Corel’s product line includes CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Painter™, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, PaintShop™ Pro, VideoStudio®, WinDVD®, WordPerfect® Office and WinZip®.
Led product direction for a multimillion-dollar graphics and office productivity product line for WordPerfect Office, and Core; Painter. Worked closely with Sales, Finance, Engineering, Communications, Product, and Program Managers to develop retail and enterprise marketing strategies. Evaluated market conditions, industry trends, and competition to target market segments and position products correctly for each market. Coordinated product packaging and in-store promotions.
- Took the fledgling product, Corel® Painter™, which targeted creative professionals, from $700,000 to several million in annual sales.
- Successfully maintained the install base and critical revenue flow for the maturing Corel® WordPerfect® Office.
- Led analysis and product strategy in two major acquisitions, including Soft Quad (an XML content creation solution) and iGrafix.
- Served as Senior Product Manager on a Microsoft joint venture to develop applications on the first version of the Tablet PC Operating System and form factor.
operating system. Corel software product won a Best of Comdex award in 2003. From May 2001 to August 2003 (2 years 4 months) Ottawa, Canada AreaProject Executive - International Investment Attraction - Canada @ Guided by a private sector board of directors, Invest NB is bringing a fresh approach to creating jobs and attracting business investment in New Brunswick, Canada
Focus is on four key activities:
- Promoting Canada as an attractive location for business investment
Identifying and pursuing opportunities for strategic and commercially viable investment
- Negotiating and providing financial assistance when required and as appropriate to secure investments
- Managing portfolios of investments From September 1999 to May 2001 (1 year 9 months) CanadaPolicy & Business Analyst - International Education Projects - (China) @ Led the international promotion and recruitment efforts for Canadian universities to students abroad attending post-secondary institutions throughout Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Led a multi-million dollar international student recruitment strategy, and traveled extensively to promote referral relationships with educational institutions in global markets. This effort led to a 25% increase in enrollment over three years.
- Manager at Atlantic Education International (AEI), a quasi-governmental corporation formed to export education and training services to Asia-Pacific markets.
- Instrumental in the establishment of the first private Chinese-Canadian joint-venture high school in Beijing, China. The school has expanded to three Chinese cities, employs Canadian faculty and leverages Canadian English curriculum. From May 1994 to September 1999 (5 years 5 months) CanadaProvince of New Brunswick, Canada - Honorable Frank McKenna @ Frank McKenna served as New Brunswick Premier for 10 years. His focus on job creation and government reform and his active and upbeat promotion transformed New Brunswick to an attractive centre for new investment. Frank McKenna was appointed Canadian Ambassador to the United States in 2005, and is currently Deputy Chair of TD Bank Financial Group. From April 1993 to October 1994 (1 year 7 months) New Brunswick, Canada
MBA (Canada), International Business & Product Marketing @ University of New Brunswick From 1996 to 1999 BA Adv. Mjr. (Nova Scotia, Canada), Political Science & Business Administration @ St. Francis Xavier University From 1989 to 1993 High School, High School/Secondary Diplomas and Certificates @ James M. Hill From 1987 to 1989 Roe McFarlane is skilled in: Product Management, Product Life Cycle Management, International Business, Direct Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Development, Direct Sales, Marketing Strategy, Strategic Planning, Consumer Products, Enterprise Software, Presenter, Sales Presentations, Acquisition Integration, Mobile Applications