15+ years of IT management experience with broad based knowledge in system design and development, implementation and support. Strategically and cost effectively utilize technology in alignment with corporate and line of business goals and objectives. Consistently improve delivery time and service level while reducing costs. Excel at strategic planning, building high performance organization, client development, project management,
15+ years of IT management experience with broad based knowledge in system design and development, implementation and support. Strategically and cost effectively utilize technology in alignment with corporate and line of business goals and objectives. Consistently improve delivery time and service level while reducing costs. Excel at strategic planning, building high performance organization, client development, project management, best practice methodologies and continuous improvement programs.
PROVEN AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Business Intelligence (BI)
• Relationship and Team Building
• Strategic and Business Planning
• Budget Development and Management
• Contract Negotiations and Vendor Management
• Cost Containment
• Project Management
• Large Scale Deployments
• Client Development
• Data Warehouse
• Organizational Development
• Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• Custom Application Development
Managing Director, Loan Accounting and Technology @ From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Managing Director, Investor Accounting @ From October 2010 to April 2012 (1 year 7 months) Director, Investor Accounting @ From August 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 3 months) Managing Director, Strategic Solutions @ Responsible for providing clients with objective advice, expertise and specialist skills with the aim of creating value, maximizing growth or improving the business performance.
• Analyze the business problems and develop plans for improvement.
• Evaluate the projects and tactical objectives.
• Lead external consulting project teams and act as a subject matter expert.
• Provide organizational change management assistance; ensure technology implementation and strategy development.
• Provide expert advice to the clients and facilitate collaboration.
• Perform best of my professional specializations, such as business intelligence, data management, enterprise resource planning and business performance management.
• Closely monitor the work and ensure its execution.
• Keep an eye on delivery, quality, and overall operating relationship of the company. From July 2009 to August 2009 (2 months) SVP - HL&IT Shared Services BI, Data Management and Data Provisioning @ Managed directly and indirectly, 150 technology associates and contractors (Managers, Software Engineers, System Analysts, Architects, BI Developers, Data Modelers, ETL Developers, System Administrators, and Level 3 Analysts), across multiple geographical locations, accountable for the on-going maintenance, development and implementation of Business-As-Usual (BAU) initiatives and Transition projects. Challenged to adapt the Six-Sigma DMAIC methodology and integrate disparate technology arising from recent company acquisition.
• Developed and managed over $27M in Base, BAU and Transition budget.
• Completed key critical Transition projects on-time and within 3% of the approved $1.5M budget.
• Implemented the “MyWork from Home” program which resulted in improved associates’ engagement and productivity by 25%.
• Developed a BI Center of Excellence (COE) strategy which led in the integration of silo BI support units across the enterprise into one unified BI organization.
• Managed the development and released of a key business initiative associated with the accounting and valuation of Real Estate Owned (REO) mortgage loan portfolio. Arguably one of the most notable accomplishments due to its financial exposure and the current state of the financial industry. From 2008 to 2009 (1 year) EVP - Business Intelligence and Data Management @ Managed directly and indirectly, 110 technology employees and contractors (Managers, Software Engineers, System Analysts, Architects, BI Developers, Data Modelers, ETL Developers, System Administrators, QA Analysts and Level 1, 2, 3 Analysts), across multiple geographical locations, accountable for the on-going maintenance, development and implementation of Business-As-Usual (BAU) initiatives. Challenged to improve productivity and reduce costs through improved uses of technology. Aligned team with business units to develop business expertise and improve support quality and responsiveness.
• Developed and managed over $19M in Base and BAU budget.
• Saved the Company $31M in revenue through successful delivery of 2 critical business initiatives.
• Led the formation of the Finance Project Management Office program.
• Developed the Enterprise Finance BI, Data Management and Reporting Roadmap.
• Increased efficiency of the team by 15% through establishment of matrix organization that allowed shift of expert to meet user needs.
• Introduced offshore model to enhance technical support and development capabilities as well as to reduce overall contractor and base costs by $2M annually.
• Deployed PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management, Oracle Data Warehouse and Business Objects BI solutions to over 5,000 users.
• Increased employee retention rate by 10% by focusing on training, team building, job mentoring and recognition programs.
• Consistently received the highest rating in both the customer and employee satisfaction survey among peers.
• Featured in the Business Performance Management magazine for the innovative use of performance measurement technology in managing business profitability.
• Developed the “Lifecycle of a Loan Thru Systems” training course for the Finance and Accounting bootcamp. From 2002 to 2008 (6 years) SVP - Enterprise Finance Systems Solutions @ Managed 40 highly qualified finance and technology resources accountable for the implementation, development and on-going maintenance of all enterprise Accounting and Finance systems.
• Quoted at the KMWorld.Com on topic of managing intellectual capital.
• Managed selection and implementation of Everest OutlookSoft BPM on schedule and within projected budget of $250K. The effort increased productivity and reduced operating costs of the business by $320K per year.
• Received a “President’s Council Award” for outstanding achievement in delivering a near real-time, web-based performance measurement tool to over 200 branches leveraging Hyperion MBA and Applix TM1 OLAP technology.
• Managed selection and implementation of Corporate SOX404 monitoring and compliance application for Sarbanes-Oxley and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
• Reduced the number of troubled tickets by almost 90% using new quality control and development procedures.
• Deployed the largest SQL data mart and MSOLAP cubes that support the accounting and valuation of approximately $1.5 trillion mortgage servicing portfolio. The largest asset in the balance sheets.
• Led the selection and implementation of Hyperion Planning and Balance Scorecard which help reduced the overall strategic planning process by 50%. From 1997 to 2002 (5 years) Controller, Director, Vice President and 1st Vice President – Financial Reporting @ Supervised staff of 25 responsible for all activities related to financial, compliance, regulatory and management reporting (SEC Form 10-Q and 10-K, Prospectus, Board of Directors Package, Production and Earnings Press Release, Flash Package and Mortgage Banker Reporting Package), including the implementation and maintenance of related information and decision support systems. Managed interaction with external auditors related to quarterly and annual financial audit.
• Managed selection and on-time delivery of Hyperion Consolidation and Budgeting applications to over 900 users.
• Managed the on-time delivery and on-going support of System 34 - Global General Ledger package.
• Led the design and development of an enterprise Financial Executive Information System.
• Eliminated manual processes by 80% with resultant reduction in overhead costs. From 1984 to 1997 (13 years) Audit Manager @ • Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation or review engagement.
• Performed preliminary and final analytical reviews.
• Researched technical accounting issues.
• Promoted new ideas and business solutions.
• Communicated progress of audit engagements, problems and resolutions to client.
• Planned, scheduled and staffed audit engagements using firm policies and procedures.
• Reviewed and maintained audit budgets.
• Supervised staff and provided on-the-job training.
• Assisted with the career development of team members. From 1976 to 1983 (7 years)
Business Administration, Accounting @ University of the East From 1972 to 1975 Rod Nonato is skilled in: Finance, Hyperion Enterprise, Risk Management, Business Objects, Banking, Financial Analysis, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Financial Services, Microstrategy, PeopleSoft, Vendor Management, Analysis, Business Intelligence, Financial Reporting, ERP
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension