Robert Newby III is a Test Architect based in Atlanta Georgia.
Robert has a mastery of quality assurance that spans over 15 years and has been involved in all aspects of SDLC. He initially started in the IT industry as a Systems Administrator in the US Navy. Through great opportunities he's transitioned through Systems Integration, Mobile Portability,
Robert Newby III is a Test Architect based in Atlanta Georgia.
Robert has a mastery of quality assurance that spans over 15 years and has been involved in all aspects of SDLC. He initially started in the IT industry as a Systems Administrator in the US Navy. Through great opportunities he's transitioned through Systems Integration, Mobile Portability, Web Development, Payment Process and Insurance to become a Customer Focused Quality Assurance Professional.
Robert has led test teams in various industries: Telecommunications, Payment Processing, Web Development and Insurance Services. He has successfully worked with and managed offshore developers and testers from Brazil, Ireland, India, Israel and the Philippines. His teams, both locally and offshore, have successfully tested and delivered highly integrated solutions resulting in increased customer satisfaction and market share.
Robert advocates training members of his QA teams in everything he knows about QA and the systems being validated. He brought this technique with him from his time in the military. “Train those who work for and with you as if you're leaving tomorrow.” The better you know the system and your craft (QA) the better tests you perform, resulting in the best product for the end user.
Tools & Specialties:
IBM AIX, Solaris 8/9 and Linux
Oracle 10g, Toad & SQL Developer
Microsoft Project, Visio, Office
HP/Mercury QTP (Quick Test Pro)
Test Director / Quality Center
Rational Quality Manager (IBM
Rational ClearQuest (IBM)
Rational RequisitePro (IBM)
If you have an opportunity that match my experience please contact me:
Test Architect @ • Craft testing strategies, defect management and test management plans.
• Ensure all test levels and cycles are assessed, planned and executed in accordance to SDLC standards.
• Coordinate the testing efforts of multiple test leads.
• Ensure traceability of requirements to test plans and test cases.
• Manage and track defects and defect fixes to minimize risk.
• Work with test leads to assure sign off and coordination of test execution activities. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Greater Atlanta AreaSenior Integration Test Lead (Contractor) @ This project integrated Healthcare Insurance Exchanges with Anthem Blue Cross/WellPoint’s health plans. Served as Senior Integration Test Lead, coordinating, managing test teams and test activities between Anthem Blue Cross/WellPoint and the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Kentucky, Nevada and New York.
• Direct liaison with state representatives, development and program managers keeping teams apprised of testing progress, issues and contingency plans.
• Analyze requirement documentation, functional specifications, design documentation and document areas of concern.
• Manage end-to-end testing efforts ensuring all business and functional requirements are met, in preparation for the implementation of Affordable Care Act.
• Direct communications with business, development and program managers keeping teams apprised of testing progress, issues and contingency plans.
• Schedule and lead status meetings with key stakeholders to ensure deliverables are within expectations and reflected in the test plans accordingly. From June 2013 to June 2014 (1 year 1 month) Greater Atlanta AreaQA Manager (Contractor) @ This project integrated Veracity's merchant processing system with MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express associations. Served as QA Manager, created, coordinated and managed test teams and test activities.
• Provided Level of Effort (LOE) estimates to the Solutions Delivery Manager for test teams based in Atlanta and Israel.
• Analyzed requirement documentation, functional specifications, design documentation and document areas of concern.
• Created Master and Functional Test Plans in ALM Complete based on planned deliverables and testing objectives.
• Developed effective testing strategies to meet companies’ business objectives.
• Liaised with business, development and program managers keeping teams apprised of testing progress, issues and contingency plans.
• Managed end-to-end test effort ensuring all business and functional requirements are met, in preparation for Association Certifications (Discover & MasterCard). From November 2012 to June 2013 (8 months) Greater Atlanta AreaGlobal QA Project Manager / Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Contractor) @ International project that introduced Elavon’s merchant credit card processing to the Brazilian market. Served as Global QA Project Manager, coordinating the testing activities between 18 Quality Assurance analysts, 6 system project/program managers, developers, UAT team and supporting systems.
Environment: Mainframe systems (AS400), IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM), WebFocus/Portal Applications, Oracle 11g, SQL Developer, Windows 7.
As Lead QA Analyst - Initially assigned to board and certify Elavon with China Union Pay (CUP) in the US market. Once project completed, assigned QA Project Manager role for the LATAM project.
As QA Project Manager - Provided Level of Effort (LOE) estimates to the Program Manager for test teams based in Atlanta, Denver, Ireland and Brazil.
Analyzed requirement documentation, functional specifications, design documentation and document areas of concern.
Provided feedback from a QA perspective during detailed requirements reviews.
Created Master and Functional Test Plans in Rational Quality Manager (RQM) based on planned deliverables and testing objectives.
Developed testing strategies for the enterprise applications with short performance windows and limited testing resources. Engage other test teams to assist with meeting companies’ business objectives.
Liaison with business, development and program managers keeping teams apprised of testing progress, issues and contingency plans.
Managed end-to-end test effort ensuring all business and functional requirements are met for complex enterprise software.
As QA Analyst, Perform smoke, functional, integration and regression testing on webfocus/portal application.
As QA Analyst, Performed validation of source data in Oracle database utilizing SQL queries.
As QA Analyst, Test and validated Multi-browser (Chrome, IE8, IE9 and Firefox) compatibility with portal application. From September 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 3 months) Greater Atlanta AreaSenior Technical Lead / Transition Implementation @ Installed, managed and maintained over 32 QA testing environments for Global Payment's QA Department. Served as a key member in the offshore transition of Global Payment’s Quality Assurance testing from the United States to India and the Philippines. Trained incoming QA analyst on current Global Payment’s policies, processes and procedures.
Wrote requirements and oversaw the portal environment cloning efforts (G2, CMF, TDS, Security Manager, IBM CDC, Oracle Streams and Biztalk). Engaged Dev, OPS and QA teams to define the procedures for each component and determine the most efficient method to clone, move and test the environments.
Coordinated with Development and QA test teams (US & Canadian) to support their testing efforts.
Coordinated Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security implementations on application and database servers.
Subject matter expert for QA environments, including IBM AIX Application Servers, Oracle 10g Database servers, BizTalk Application Server and Apache Web Servers.
Environment Subject Matter Expert responsible for stand up and the connectivity of the offshore test teams in India and the Philippines. Provide systems and testing continuity during the transition from onsite QA testers to the offshore QA resources. From June 2010 to September 2011 (1 year 4 months) Greater Atlanta AreaQA Test Lead & Senior Quality Assurance Analyst @ This project consolidated multiple transactions processing legacy hosts that were pieced together over 30 years into a single host solution based on the latest technologies (AIX/Oracle). Served as Senior QA Analyst and QA Team Lead managing five QA analysts. Team tasked with testing North American based IVR, Sears Canada processing and certifying Debit processing.
Team Lead responsible for ensuring compliance with standard processes, and provide guidance to the team regarding testing strategies and best practices.
Analyzed requirement documentation, functional specification, design documentation and documented areas of concern.
Reviewed defined testing needs, developed testing scenarios and ran SQL queries for correct data placement.
Collaborated with project development team to assess and document issues found during testing.
Estimated time lines and resources required for testing assignments.
Analyzed the credit and debit authorization functions for card associations to facilitate the testing of the transmission of credit/debit card drafts from POS terminals through powerful batch processing functions.
Conducted full Acquirer certification on US platform for Debit (Concord) Interface. From August 2007 to June 2010 (2 years 11 months) Greater Atlanta AreaWebsite Developer & Web Services Consultant @ Experienced Website developer, helping people and companies turn their ideas into outstanding websites. I develop new websites, online databases, and virtual shopping carts, using the latest Web technologies — Primarily Joomla, WordPress, PHP, MySQL and all the major online payment systems.
Primary clientele consisting of business owners who need brand-new websites, or major improvements to existing websites.
Web application development for small businesses, community and non-profit organizations.
Web site and application updates and maintenance on PHP and static HTML sites.
Integrated mail clients utilizing SMTP and POP3 protocols.
Computer and network consulting and training for small businesses, community and non-profit organizations and individuals.
Provided validity testing for all systems employed by clients.
Advanced knowledge with Windows and Linux deployments. From February 2005 to June 2007 (2 years 5 months) Lead Quality Assurance Tester - Bellsouth (Contractor) @ Quality Assurance Team Leader, managing testing assignments and scheduling for a staff of 20 testers. Conducted integration, regression and acceptance testing of Bellsouth telephony applications.
Authored Manual Test Scripts - Manually created and executed over 1500 test scripts for HP-UX, Solaris and Windows environments including XML.
Test Automation - Automated Test execution utilizing Mercury LoadRunner saving over 5000 man-hours.
Test Documentation - Defined and created test plans, test procedures, test reports, and defect reports.
Customer Laision - Review and provide feedback on customer requirements and testing documents for accuracy and possible impact to schedules/testing plans.
Company Representative - Met with clients and contractors in matters that pertained to staffing, methods, test plans, testing schedule and project milestones etc.
Defect Tracking - Tracked and monitored the statuses of over 3000 open defects and defect reports.
Test Summaries - Performed analysis of test results and documented accordingly. Led peer reviews. Generated Detailed Test Reports and Final Summary Reports in Mercury Test Director. From July 2002 to October 2004 (2 years 4 months) Greater Atlanta AreaSystems Engineer - Cingular Wireless @ Team leader and technical expert responsible for the deployment and implementation of Telcordia’s proprietary cellular number portability software at Cingular Wireless.
Led hand selected team established to represent Telcordia Technologies during the Network Transformation Plan (NTP) BellSouth IP-VPN Trial. Solution designed to discover, configure, monitor and manage network routers on the BellSouth Network.
Installed and configured Next Generation Network (NGN) OSS software packages on HP rp7410 and SUN Enterprise 420R servers.
Integrated Telcordia Technologies' OSS software with Micromuse Netcool, Apache web server, Oracle 9 and Borland AppServer between platforms. From April 2002 to July 2002 (4 months) QA Tester and Software Integration - Bellsouth @ Team leader and technical expert responsible for the deployment and implementation of Bellsouth's proprietary Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) software.
Defined and created test plans, test procedures, test reports, and defect reports.
Conducted functionality and performance testing on a complex interactive web application that incorporated proprietary software with SQL server, Cold Fusion and IIS.
Organized and supervised formal reviews of development documentation (requirements and design documents, system test plans.
Developed automated test scripts using WinRunner.
Wrote SQL queries to independently verify the structure and integrity of the database under test.
Designed and performed Server Load Tests, tested for server usage, load and breaking points. From January 2000 to April 2002 (2 years 4 months) Greater Atlanta Area
BA, Psychology @ National University From 1995 to 1997 Robert III is skilled in: Test Planning, Regression Testing, Quality Center, Quality Assurance, Test Automation, SDLC, HP Quality Center, Microsoft SQL Server, User Acceptance Testing, QTP, Software Quality Assurance, Visio, SQL, Linux, Testing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension