Senior Software Test Analyst @ Dentsu Aegis Network
UAT Software Test Analyst @ The Law Society
Global HR Test Lead @ This project continues to be Microsoft’s largest, global AX Dynamics implementation (AX 2012), rolling out to APAC, EMEA and The Americas. Initially placed in the role of Senior Test Analyst, within the Finance and Projects (and later HR) area but most recently as the Global HR Test Lead. From July 2015 to
Global HR Test Lead @ This project continues to be Microsoft’s largest, global AX Dynamics implementation (AX 2012), rolling out to APAC, EMEA and The Americas. Initially placed in the role of Senior Test Analyst, within the Finance and Projects (and later HR) area but most recently as the Global HR Test Lead. From July 2015 to Present (6 months) London, United KingdomSenior Software Test Analyst @ Roles and responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the Finance business team to assist them with AX related queries.
• Perform Gap analysis and review functional specifications to extract relevant information in order to write new and enhance existing test scripts, either for missing functionality or Change requests.
• Support UAT testing of APAC, EMEA and the Americas, writing SIT, SAT, UAT scripts in TFS (Team foundation server) and testing side by side with business users to ensure business satisfaction.
• Creating the folder structure within TFS for business user testing and creating test data to be used for testing the UAT environment.
• Management (Raising/ Triaging/ Resolving) of EMEA, APAC and US HR and FTP defects directly in TFS.
• Produce end of day reports, on occasion for tracking the days test progress.
• Perform Retesting and Regression testing after new code drops or deployments as a result of fixes.
• Creating/ importing user accounts into AX, assigning users with correct relationships/ security roles required and verifying they have been hired into the correct positions and company.
• Contributing to initial set up of AX workflows to proceed with testing.
• Conducting Interviews and assisting in interview preparation.
• Providing assistance to the Test manager when producing UAT Test Completion Reports for End of Cycles.
• Managing E2E testing of Nintex, a cross department integration (HR Employee Process) involving EMEA, APAC and US. Involved, reviewing initial HRIS Solution Design Document and rebuilding it to mirror the existing UK process, creating test scripts for each process (starters, changers and leavers) and defect management of all Nintex defects. This was a key HR area in which I took on the role of Test Lead and allowed me to understand the HR processes and get involved within the HR arena on a much larger scale and involved working very closely with the HR team. From July 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomUAT Software Test Analyst @ Placed within the Enterprise Resource Planning project team for wave 1 (Finance). Responsible for facilitating TLS through a migration from key IT systems into a single integrated ERP solution (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
• Performing gap check analysis to identify missing functionality from an 'out-of-box' solution.
• Creating detailed documents for 'navigating' the Microsoft Dynamics AX 'Sandpit' environment.
• Understanding and helping to identify the new business process requirements throughout the migration period from Epicore 7.
• Reviewing and converting existing test scripts (written for E7 and E9) into 'AX friendly' test scripts.
• Using QC (Quality Centre) for defect tracking and defect management.
• Acting as SME (Subject Matter Expert) when assisting with ERP SAT (Systems Acceptance Testing)
• Working with Hitachi functional leads and project BA's to verify that the system being developed/ configured is fit for purpose, from a testing perspective.
• Engaging with different people from the business to ensure they have a clear understanding of the evolving system.
• Carrying out Exploratory testing
• Creating test scripts to include 'missing functionality' after gap check analysis.
• Writing test scripts based on assumption of previous business workflows.
• Efficiently exercising time management, working to strict deadlines.
• Constructing Requirements by working closely with the business to define core daily business processes that must be included in the new system.
• Taking the role of Lead Analyst whenever required and using initiative by contributing ideas used achieve the required goal.
• Effectively communicating technical terminology and knowledge to non-technical business users.
• Responsible for managing the ERP mailbox, taking the role of Incident Manager, after wave 1 had gone live. This responsibility was given to me after playing an active role in the ERP triage meetings and visiting the London office to offer support during Go-Live. From July 2013 to June 2014 (1 year) Birmingham, United KingdomSoftware Test Analyst @ Initially joined Capita as part of their Novus graduate programme for Software Testing and Quality Assurance, having completed a three month intense training programme.
Having completed the graduate programme, I remained with Capita and continue to work for The Law Society as a UAT Software Test Analyst.
Experience and achievements gained during training whilst on the graduate programme:
• Testing Principles and Practice
• End to End Test Assurance Process
• Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Execution
• Understanding and Application of Test management tools such as Quality Centre (QC) and Quick Test Pro (QTP)
• Created defects and followed defects through lifecycle
• Programming techniques (Java, VB, XML etc.) and Databases (SQL)
• Delivering a Mock Project incorporating the entire test lifecycle
• ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester, Foundation Level Certificate
• CISI Introduction to Securities and Investment From December 2011 to June 2014 (2 years 7 months) London, United KingdomSoftware Test Engineer @ Contracted to Ocado as a Software Test Engineer.
Initially spent 2 months being a part of the IT team in Ocado’s Hatfield offices (CFC1) having been assigned to the Block 4 (Inbound Tote) team. During this time my involvement included:
• Running simulations using the Mercury Simulator and Block 4 Emulator (GUI).
• Creating Scenario tests by writing test scenarios in plain English, taking into account BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) concepts such as JBehave and being able to change JMS messages when necessary.
• Overlooking and writing Test scripts for blocks 3 & 4 to facilitate the test programme.
The rest of my time at Ocado has been spent in Dordon, North Warwickshire at their newest Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC2). Here, I have been directly involved in several stages of the testing lifecycle, having the opportunity to be involved with testing both hardware and software Integration.
My main responsibility was controlling the day to day testing progress for Block 4 which later involved Block 2 and sometimes involved overseeing and assisting Blocks 1 and 3. However, during the Block 4 UAT phase, this extended to managing a small team to boost production and assisting in writing and amending test scripts and test plans.
I have been a part of the project from the very beginning stages of Unit testing right through to BE2E. This involvement will be extended into the support stage.
PLC Unit testing, Throughput, Reliability, Soak, SSI, Regression, FEM, Integration, UAT and MSC testing using an MIS page.
Software used include:
HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Centre, Eclipse, Net beans, Putty, Mercurial (Tortoise HG), Cygwin, Toad for Oracle 9.7, PLSQL Developer. From March 2012 to May 2013 (1 year 3 months) Account Manager @ At Prospect Aware we specialise in high value appointment setting and lead generation. Working on a pay per meeting commercial model, we deliver high level Business to Business appointments with senior decision makers (C-Level, Director, Head Of or Role Specific).
Our end goal is to increase our clients’ new business revenue streams by positioning them in front of key individuals within their prospective markets where a ‘business pain’ or ‘need’ is identified.
As Account Manager my responsibility is to control the day to day running of key accounts that fall under my region and to ensure that all sales, targets and client satisfaction is met to the highest possible standard. From April 2011 to December 2011 (9 months) London, United KingdomCustomer Service Advisor @ Using good inter-personal and sales skills with customers.
Ability to generate conversation and confidently trigger customer curiosity, by presenting opportunities that can help to make or save money.
Ability to work quickly and accurately at all times in a busy and customer driven environment.
Successfully meeting targets, achieved by having a positive, persuasive, welcoming and professional attitude. From October 2010 to March 2011 (6 months)
BEng (Hons), Multimedia & Internet Systems Engineering @ City University of London From 2007 to 2010 Rikesh Patel is skilled in: ISTQB Certified, High Level Networking, Lead Generation, Sales Pipeline Development, Sales, Account Management, Goldmine, Customer Service, Testing, HTML, Visual Basic, Basic Programming in C++, Java and XML, Flash CS3, Blue J, PHP
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension