Graduate Student Instructor - Media and Design @
Bachelor's Degree @
University of Connecticut
I'm learning how to build a better web at UC Berkeley’s School of Information. With a vested interest in product design, front-end development, and intentional usage of the Oxford comma, I'm looking for opportunities to collaborate with teams that are building products that bring a little more joy into the world. In particular, I want to blur
I'm learning how to build a better web at UC Berkeley’s School of Information. With a vested interest in product design, front-end development, and intentional usage of the Oxford comma, I'm looking for opportunities to collaborate with teams that are building products that bring a little more joy into the world. In particular, I want to blur the line between the digital and the physical, introducing a little bit of whimsy and serendipity into our everyday life.
When I'm not building stuff, you might find me advising fraternities, testing new slow cooker recipes, or discussing critical theory with anyone who will listen. Let's talk Barthes?
Graduate Student Instructor @ ● Developing lesson plans that review key concepts in media effects, with a particular lean towards technological innovation, social media, and information.
● Easing students into the "Burkean Parlor" of theories surrounding mass media effects through a series of workshops, review sessions, and feedback on written assignments From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Product Design Intern @ ● Designed a contextual intranet template based on user research, stakeholder interviews, and competitive analysis.
● Conducted sketching exercises across the organization to foster design thinking and inform the community cloud product From May 2015 to August 2015 (4 months) Summer Associate - Digital Analytics @ ● Refined and optimized the complete responsive redesign of the Nick.com domain with Sr. Managers and Sr. Directors.
● Generated data-driven insights on user behavior for events like the 1st kid’s choice sports awards and legend of korra.
● Prototyped NickVision, an augmented reality experience for the Nick audience; presented to Sr. Executives. From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Research Assistant @ ●Studied interactive virtual reality environments in order to help establish HIV and family planning interventions.
● Coded participant data, developed audio fragments, conducted literature reviews, and developed the virtual reality environment. From January 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 5 months) Resident Assistant @ Honors Living Community (2012-2013)
● Recognized as one of the 2013-2014 "Areas of the Year" for providing an excellent environment for student living.
● Presented two workshops on ethical and values-based leadership to resident assistants from across the campus. From August 2012 to May 2014 (1 year 10 months) Writing Center Tutor & Fellow @ ● Spearheaded the use of online writing tutorials through grant-funded thesis research at three major universities.
● Presented research on online tutoring and first year writing at multiple conferences; publication of one project pending.
● Assisted in the establishment of writing centers at high schools and middle schools across the state. From August 2011 to May 2014 (2 years 10 months) Co-Executive Director @ ● Managed the most successful HuskyTHON Dance Marathon in UConn history, raising $457,581.04 (+30% vs. prev year).
● Coordinated the efforts of a 29 person team whose responsibilities spanned Communications, Operations, Finance, Recruitment and Community Relations From March 2013 to March 2014 (1 year 1 month) Copyeditor & Strategist @ ● Analyzed ticketing websites to improve the information architecture and design of the UConn Athletics’ ticketing site.
● Published various –ATION assets including website copy, blog posts about digital advertising, and a press release. From August 2013 to December 2013 (5 months) Pharmacy Library Assistant @ ● Addressed, resolved, and reported issues in the Pharmacy Library at University of Connecticut From August 2010 to June 2012 (1 year 11 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension