National Sales & Marketing Manager, Fitness & Outdoor @ Garmin International
Sales Representative & Garmin Major Account Representative @ Standard Communications
Sales Manager @ ARB Southern
A dedicated brand champion with significant sales and marketing experience, I pride myself on my ability to build long-standing relationships that are based on absolute trust and integrity. With niche expertise in the fitness, sporting, and outdoor market, I’ve spent the past 8 years of my career driving top and bottom line growth in Australia’s fast-paced personal
A dedicated brand champion with significant sales and marketing experience, I pride myself on my ability to build long-standing relationships that are based on absolute trust and integrity. With niche expertise in the fitness, sporting, and outdoor market, I’ve spent the past 8 years of my career driving top and bottom line growth in Australia’s fast-paced personal fitness electronics segment, working with professional and amateur sports organisations, events, and sports retailers to drive market penetration and increase product adoption.
For me brand building is not a job, it’s a way of life. I carry the belief that my customer will benefit exponentially from the product I’m selling at the heart of my work philosophy, an approach that has been critical in honing my talent for authentic communication with clients. An avid sports and fitness enthusiast at work and at play, I have a deep understanding of customer behaviours and a sincere interest in meeting their needs.
A people-person and connector, I understand that teams make organisations stronger, and have a consultative, collaborative approach to planning and building. Not surprisingly, I am a keen networker and welcome all contact from the business and sports community. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email at [email protected] or add me to your network on LinkedIn.
National Sales & Marketing Manager, Fitness & Outdoor @ National Sales & Marketing Manager, Fitness & Outdoor Jul. 2008 to Dec. 2014
A brand building and sales management role, I played a key role in transitioning Garmin to a highly successful direct-distribution model in the Australian market, establishing distributor agreements with leading Australian retailers while elevating the Garmin brand within the marketplace. The role evolved over time, beginning with a local focus before I relocated to Sydney to take-on a National role responsible for both the fitness and outdoor segments.
• Delivered outstanding growth in both the fitness and outdoor segments, growing fitness by 1900% and outdoor by 255% through the development and implementation of robust sales, marketing and distribution strategies;
• Elevated brand positioning by negotiating sponsorships at key sporting events, developing partnership marketing programs with leading professional sports teams, and collaborating on retailer marketing campaigns;
• Maintained a keen understanding of the market as a brand champion and personal user of the products, making decisions related to product innovation, pricing, and promotions;
• Launched multiple new products to market, enhancing Garmin’s ability to dominate in key segments. From July 2008 to December 2014 (6 years 6 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaSales Representative & Garmin Major Account Representative @ GME Standard Communications
A sales and account management role, I started out representing GME’s manufactured products, with a specific focus on meeting customer needs related to UHF CB radio products. In February 2007, I took over the Garmin portfolio, serving as a sales representative and account manager distributing Garmin products across Australia. My day-to-day involved sales prospecting, actioning cold and warm leads, networking, meeting with clients to identify and meet their needs, as well as following up post-sale to help with technical issues and product training. An end-to-end sales and customer relationship management role, I applied my considerable relationship building skills to succeed in this position.
• Selected to manage the Garmin account, which delivered significant revenue to the business;
• Asked to join Garmin directly when they company decided to manage distribution directly;
• Developed mutually productive relationships with customers in multiple industries;
• Frequently met and exceeded sales targets. From October 2003 to July 2008 (4 years 10 months) Victoria Area, AustraliaSales Manager @ From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Victoria Area, AustraliaSales and Dealer Representative @ From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) Victoria Area, Australia
Wesley College From 1987 to 1990 Rick Loft is skilled in: Product Development, Sales, Product Marketing, Management, Product Management, Account Management, Marketing, New Business Development, Social Media, Strategic Planning, Retail, Sales Management, Consumer Electronics, Customer Service, Product Launch, Business Development, Marketing Strategy, B2B, B2C, Brand Awareness, Brand Management, Budget Management, Consultative Selling, Contract Negotiation, Customer Experience, Customer Profitability, Customer Satisfaction, Establishing New..., Establishing..., Exceeding Targets, Fitness Industry, KPI Reports, Lead Development, Lead Generation, Networking, Profitable Growth, Pricing Strategy, Relationship Management, Reporting & Analysis, Revenue & Profit Growth, Sales Presentations, Sales Process, Segmentation, Sponsorship, Sponsorship Activation, Sporting Goods, Sports Marketing, Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension