Accredited and versatile system integrator with strong hands-on and network expertise (CCNA, CCNP) with over 15 years of experience in ICT in various disciplines such as Defense technology, Military/Navy and Telecoms Sector, performance and benchmark testing, integration of messaging solutions for the Telecoms sector and networking. In recent years a strong focus on various aspects of IT
Accredited and versatile system integrator with strong hands-on and network expertise (CCNA, CCNP) with over 15 years of experience in ICT in various disciplines such as Defense technology, Military/Navy and Telecoms Sector, performance and benchmark testing, integration of messaging solutions for the Telecoms sector and networking. In recent years a strong focus on various aspects of IT infrastructure, field telecoms and networking like design, implementation, administration and troubleshooting. Broad technical knowledge of Cisco routing and switching, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, F5 load balancers and particularly HP infrastructure equipment as well as (hardware) Data Center technology design.
Network Specialist @ In my role as Netwerk Specialist within the Managed Services (MS) department, I am mainly responsible for keeping both the Conclusion network and our MS infrastructure running. This includes administrating and maintaining both environments, including their interconnects, always ensuring availability. I am also involved with new projects which land within the MS infrastructure, with their own specific requirements regarding connectivity and possibly bringing in new (network) equipment. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) IT Specialist @ Working as a network specialist at Siemens, location Den Haag/Zoetermeer. Delivered a technical feasibility study for bringing data from remote locations to a central Shared Service Center over a secure connection (VPN). This study included technical recommendations for the equipment to use and capacity calculation, such a number of connections and bandwidth. From August 2014 to August 2014 (1 month) IT Specialist @ Working as a network administrator at Univé Verzekeringen, location Zwolle. Responsibilities in this role are amongst others the following:
• 2nd and 3rd line support
• Root cause analysis of logged incidents, and provide solutions
• Investigation of current network infrastructure regarding technical feasibility of implementation of new equipment
• Assisting organisation and management regarding network infrastructure changes From April 2014 to July 2014 (4 months) Senior Solution Integrator @ The last 5 years I have been working mostly as a network engineer, focusing on network integration aspects at various international customers like H3G Italy, H3G Australia, Sprint USA, Telefónica O2 UK, Telefónica O2 Germany, Orange Botswana and TeliaSonera Finland. I participated in and conducted on-site projects in Italy, Australia, UK, Japan, Caribbean and Germany.
I have extensive experience with various deployment methods such as remote deployment and automatic installation, for instance by means of Cobbler. Experience with Data Center preparation wrt required power, size, weight and data connections. Lots of hands-on work in server rooms regarding staging and connecting single pieces of equipment and/or complete racks (cabinets). Experienced in building Bills of Material, reviewing Manufacturing files etc.
Recent activities include:
• Network design and implementation for various messaging solutions
• Troubleshooting to solve network related integration issues
• Design of backbone migration plans for H3G Italy and H3G Australia, having to keep the service outage as short as possible
• Staging, deployment and network integration on-site at Telefónica O2 Germany in Frankfurt and Munich
• Deployment and network integration on-site at Sprint USA in Kansas City
• Proof of Concept project for a new project on-site at Softbank Japan in Tokyo
• Deployment of this new product on Aruba for network integration at Setar
• Technical pioneering to familiarize with new or unspecified equipment to which the solutions needed to interface
• Coaching of other colleagues in specific technical areas regarding installation and/or troubleshooting From 2008 to 2013 (5 years) System Integrator @ My activities in this position consisted of the integration of various systems into what was referred to as a ‘messaging solution’, and the integration of said solution or independent products into a wireless operator’s network.
• Software installation and upgrades on customer systems (both production and test)
(Unix, Linux, cluster software on Tru64, Solaris and Red Hat)
• Migration of services from old equipment to new; most notably at H3G Italy in Milan
• Execution of service migration at H3G Italy during several nightly service windows while being on-site
• Performance testing
• Troubleshooting of issues at customer systems
• Review/update/write various pieces of documentation; manuals of all sorts, (test)reports, change procedures etc
• Delivery of maintenance release of a product from the (by then) LogicaCMG portfolio; integration of several pieces of software to an installable entity, including complete up-to-date product documentation set
Customers involved: H3G Italy in Milan (project on-site), H3G Austria in Vienna (project on-site), Vodafone UK, Bouygues France, STC Saudi Arabia, Sprint USA
LogicaCMG Wireless Networks was sold in February 2007 to private investors, forming Acision. From 2004 to 2008 (4 years) Performance/Benchmark Test Engineer @ Performance and benchmark testing performed on another product from the CMG product portfolio, Wireless Service Broker (providing internet access to mobile users, ie cell phones). Establishing and maintaining a healthy relationship with other teams and customers such as Vodafone UK, KPN, E-Plus and H3G was a key element in this role.
• Staging (preparation/installation/configuration) of systems under test in the lab
• Administrating, improving and expanding the performance test bed
• Designing performance and benchmark tests to be run on every new release
• Analyzing test results, writing test reports and making recommendations for improvement of the software
• Demonstrate performance figures to customers
CMG merged with Logica in December 2002 to become LogicaCMG. From 2001 to 2004 (3 years) Test Engineer @ Started my career as a Test Engineer, involved in automated testing of the Cell Broadcast System from the CMG product portfolio, using the TestFrame test methodology.
• Writing/designing the actual tests/scripting the tests to be run automatically
• Executing the tests
• Installation of new releases and rerun selected test sets (regression tests)
• Troubleshooting and maintaining tests and test sets From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Senior System Test Engineer @ At Thales, I worked as a Senior System Test Engineer, responsible for testing/validating a long-range radar system for military purposes or parts thereof.
Test runs involving airplanes (including amongst others a commercial Gulfstream jet and an F16 from the Royal Dutch Airforce) flying specific patterns to determine the radar’s accuracy were conducted a number of times, which required my presence aboard the Gulfstream on a number of occasions to log the plane’s GPS coordinates during its maneuvers. Later, these GPS logs were processed to match against the radar data. I was also closely involved with the first installation of the radar system on a Dutch Navy vessel and onboard that vessel for test runs at sea, again including several airplanes flying specific patterns.
All technical information was classified/sensitive and clearance from the Dutch Intelligence service was needed to have access to and handle this information.
The activities in this position included:
• Root cause analysis
• System integration
• Writing and executing test plans
• Participating in several test runs for radar and (guided) naval combat systems
• Creating requirements for and design of simulator equipment From 1997 to 2000 (3 years)
Remco Ploeg is skilled in: Telecommunications, Unix, VAS, Integration, TCP/IP, Cisco Technologies, Network Design, Switches, Troubleshooting, Networking, Red Hat Linux, CCNA, Testing, Wireless, Routing, Linux
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension