Senior Principal Engineer, Technology and Standardisation, Global Technical Services Parenteral @ Johnson & Johnson, Cilag AG
Senior Technical Expert: Pharmaceutical Process Engg/Network lead @ Novartis
Fellow @ Novartis Pharma AG
BE, Chemical Engineering @
I have more than 12 years of industrial experience out of which at least 9 years in Pharma industry. My experience in Pharma sector varies from early phase development to commercialization and engineering. I have shown ability to lead team even in matrix organization having diverse interests. I have build team and shown value for the company
I have more than 12 years of industrial experience out of which at least 9 years in Pharma industry. My experience in Pharma sector varies from early phase development to commercialization and engineering. I have shown ability to lead team even in matrix organization having diverse interests. I have build team and shown value for the company in bringing change in existing set up.
Specialties: Supplier relationship management, Pharmaceutical productions, Particle engineering, micro-nano particles, spray drying, SCF technology, emulsion formation, management, chemical engineering, project engineering.
Senior Principal Engineer, Technology and Standardisation, Global Technical Services Parenteral @ - Development and deployment of end to end technology strategy and equipment standardisation across the Parenteral platform.
- Development of technology strategy and innovation & standardization initiatives for fill & finish as well as API large molecules manufacturing process and technology.
- Contribution to Process fit to Plant assessment
- Deployment of innovative technologies for the Parenteral manufacturing platform
- Technical product sourcing recommendations for the Technology platform From August 2015 to Present (5 Monate) Senior Technical Expert: Pharmaceutical Process Engg/Network lead @ - Standardization of all PharmOps unit operations by leading PharmOps network
- Supplier relationship management with major suppliers
- Change management in "Standardized world" From Juli 2011 to Juni 2015 (4 Jahre) Basel und Umgebung, SchweizFellow @ • Leading and managing scientific team for drug formulation, micronization and crystallization (or precipitation) related development and scientific projects
• Supervising international project teams as technical expert and provide major contribution for defining scope & strategy for late stage development projects.
• Leading QbD concept plan for topical dosage form and core team member of lean team for parenteral and topical dosage form
• Process technology transfer from lab scale to pilot and production scale for early phase to late phase
• Prepare DoE plans for new spray drying technology based on Quality by design (QbD) concept utilizing FMEA principles.
• Preparation and review of HA dossier
• Lead in resource planning for particle engineers in the unit by aligning with other pharma development units.
• Objective setting and maintaining the KPI for the productivity in the team From Juni 2009 to Juni 2011 (2 Jahre 1 Monat) Basel und Umgebung, SchweizLab Head/Principal Scientist @ • Applied various processes including spray drying, fluidized bed spray drying, high pressure homogenization and supercritical fluid based technologies for composite particles, solid oral dosage forms, and inhalable drugs and nanosuspensions formulations.
• QRA and FMEA (as part of QbD) document preparation for development project.
• Core project team member for development project with external contractors for inhalation and oral dosage form.
• Coordinated and managed research cooperation with academia as well as supervised MS and PHD students during their traineeship within Novartis. From Oktober 2007 to Mai 2009 (1 Jahr 8 Monate) Basel und Umgebung, SchweizPost Doc @ • Development of Supercritical fluid method for particle design – micronization, nanoparticles, co-formulation
• Developed high pressure homogenization micronization method for feasibility of early phase projects (before sPOC)
• Developed patented method for producing dry siRNA powder without affecting purity From Februar 2006 to September 2007 (1 Jahr 8 Monate) Basel und Umgebung, SchweizResearch Assistant @ • Developed nanoparticle formation and solubility enhancement of polar compounds in supercritical CO2 based RESS process using solid cosolvent leading to invention of RESS-SC process.
• Studied supercritical fluid processes for enhancing drug dissolution.
• Developed gold-wax based nanofluids for improving heat transfer.
• Elucidated supercritical fluid based processes to companies for enhancement of dissolution and stability of drug particles through non-disclosure projects.
• Technical guidance and mentorship for undergraduate researchers in their projects. From August 2001 to Dezember 2005 (4 Jahre 5 Monate) Auburn und Umgebung, AlabamaShift Engineer @ • Designed calculations, planning and commissioning of 2700 MTPD urea manufacturing plant.
• Commissioned Siemens’ industrial turbine and Hitachi CO2 compressor.
• Overall urea and ammonia process control using DCS and PLC systems by guiding group of technical staff.
• Hands on experience on industrial reforming, shift reactors and ammonia reactor. From August 1998 to Mai 2001 (2 Jahre 10 Monate)
PhD, Chemical Engineering @ Auburn University From 2001 to 2005 BE, Chemical Engineering @ Panjab University From 1994 to 1998 Ranjit Thakur is skilled in: R&D, Pharmaceutical Industry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Process Engineering, Engineering, Formulation, Design of Experiments, Project Engineering, GMP, Validation, Pharmaceuticals, Supplier Evaluation, Quality Auditing, Operations Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension