Web developer/programmer and IT manager @ Returnpool BV
No education info found.
I am a passionate professional with more than 16 years experience covering positions of team lead, database development and administration, desktop programming, web development, data analysis, and other IT roles. I like dynamic environments where I can work diligently to satisfy the passions and desires of a challenge that is beneficial to all. While I recognise people’s
I am a passionate professional with more than 16 years experience covering positions of team lead, database development and administration, desktop programming, web development, data analysis, and other IT roles. I like dynamic environments where I can work diligently to satisfy the passions and desires of a challenge that is beneficial to all. While I recognise people’s intellectual capabilities, I also promote empathy and flexibility when appropriate.
Capable and qualified to handle the whole triangle team/business/technology. I enjoy managing and working with people but at the same time I have fun planning and.or making sure SLAs and OLAs are met and I have no problem rolling up my sleeves to get involved with technical details.
I prefer an organised environment for me and my colleagues that includes: work procedures, documentation, optimal communication plans, short and long term goals. Equally, I enjoy implementing throughout my team/organisation lessons learnt, wiki database, knowledge sharing sessions, known errors repository and knowledge base.
Always, I promote and foster an environment where everybody can ask questions and focus on the processes but also look at the bigger picture to understand what we are trying to achieve in the near and distant future. With such an attitude it is easier to be supportive, take ownership and enable colleagues and customers to act responsibly to deliver quality SaaS.
• ITIL, PRINCE 2, SCRUM, STAR, SOARA
• Databases: MS SQL Server, XML, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, MS Access, SQL Anywhere, MongoDB.
• Programming: VB.NET, C#.NET
• Other: SPSS, Docent, Android, Rational Rose, e-commerce standards: EDIFACT, Rosetta Net, Quantum Quanvert
Team Lead Database Development and Administration @ - Ensure that the DBA team continously provides support to the business for incidents, service requests, maintenances, application releases to all environments but at the same time make sure the team is growing professionally, the documentation is done and that communication within the team and with the organisation is optimum.
- Administer 80+ SQL Server instances with an uptime of 99.99%
- Design and coordinate the build of automatic installations of SQL Server
- Architect, test, implement many of the DBA in house solutions to support the implementation of ITIL: database disk capacity management, system performance alerting, error log parsing, automatic reindexing solution, various disk space, job failures, memory pressure and other counters alerting mechanism, backup solution, checker and capacity management.
- Design and implement a DBA training to the organisation on various aspects: server security, deadlocks, indexes, SQL profiler traces. From June 2010 to Present (5 years 7 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsDatabase developer @ - Design and implement SQL server big data solutions from a database perspective that match incoming customer/car dealer data against existing data (mostly distance matching).
- Assign based on local administrative data, GPS or other business rules a car dealer for the service a customer is requesting From March 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 4 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsWeb developer/programmer and IT manager @ - Design infrastructure architecture and advise the business owners on future acquisitions based on their upcoming projects;
- Write technical specifications for external contractors (programming related) and test/approve their deliveries;
- Create customized web applications for Nokia countries.
- Maintain/enhance applications like Crystal Enterprise, hmailservers, SQL Server and corresponding ETL components;
- Setup/maintain Windows servers, firewalls, antivirus, analyse and enhance their performance;
- Intelligence Suite. Create web services for communication with partners (.NET – C#, SOAP);
- Create/Write documentation for existing applications and IT procedures (security policy, backup policy, disaster and recovery plan etc); From January 2008 to March 2009 (1 year 3 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsWeb programmer/developer, Ware, UK @ Add enhancements to existing web application (http://www.myrendezvous.net/) for rooms' management. One of the requirements was to implement communication between client's application and Room Viewer (http://www.timesaversoftware.com/roomviewer.aspx) and the result being an optimum room layout automatically generated.
Project for Romanian National Television (www.tvr.ro) to import Lotus Notes databases into SQL server and create interfaces for data search and manipulation. From March 2003 to March 2007 (4 years 1 month) Consultant, Technical web development team leader, web programmer/developer @ As a technical team leader and web programmer I was involved in implementation of various web based CME (continuing medical education) learning management systems (Docent LMS &Oracle – www.emconline.ro or PHP and MySQL www.hivability.ro) with more than 40,000 healthcare providers (doctors, nurses, chemists, psychologist, …) as registered students and more than 200,000 awarded certificates accredited by their official bodies (CMR, OAMMR, CMDR, OBBCSSR,…). I also developed and managed several other online project management systems (www.seypa.net, www.teddyoung.org, www.workangel.com, www.raaprojects.ro, www.forumtineri.net). Some of these projects are no longer active.
I also had to write functional and technical specifications for my tickets.
Tech: Visual Basic 6, ADO, DAO, Rational Rose, MS Access, SQL Server 7, EDIFACT format files and X12 format files, UML theory, Windows 2000 Server, Rosetta NET specifications (http://www.rosettanet.org) From April 2000 to December 2000 (9 months) Data analyst @ - Data analysis. Mainly on retail studies using Quantum and Quanvert
- Create data input forms in MS Access and data exports to Quantum/Quanvert
- Coordinate questionnaires input (small team of around 10 people/project).
Tech: SPSS, Quantum/Quanvert, MS Access, VBA. From August 1999 to April 2000 (9 months)