President @ Sargent Aerospace & Defense (Operating Company of Dover Corporation)
President & General Manager @ OPW Fueling Components (Operating Company of Dover Corporation)
Bachelor of Engineering, Chemical Engineering @
University of Mumbai
Rahul Deshmukh is a highly motivated and customer focused President and General Manager with a proven record of delivering long-term & sustainable profitable growth across global businesses specialized in engineered components, systems and services. Leads with a sharp focus on creating value for customers, an extremely strategic and global mindset and experience to deploy a focused growth
Rahul Deshmukh is a highly motivated and customer focused President and General Manager with a proven record of delivering long-term & sustainable profitable growth across global businesses specialized in engineered components, systems and services. Leads with a sharp focus on creating value for customers, an extremely strategic and global mindset and experience to deploy a focused growth strategy with an entrepreneurial spirit. An authentic leader, demonstrating the ability to lead a sustained transformation through high performing management teams while leveraging skills in operational excellence, global sales & marketing using integrated multi-channels, innovation through technology and successful development & commercialization of new products. Strong experience in creating value through strategic alliances and acquisition planning, execution & integration.
Rahul has served as President of two operating companies of Dover Corporation over the past 7 years, successfully transforming previously underperforming businesses. He is consistently appointed to lead businesses with complex, global business models. He thrives in the role of a GM delivering superior results as an authentic leader building high performing teams for sustainable and long-term value creation.
Key Capabilities and Demonstrated Experience:
* Strategy Creation, Strategic Planning & Deployment
* Operational Excellence Through Continuous Improvement Culture
* New Product Development & Commercialization
* Global Sales & Marketing
* Integrated Multi-Channel Global Sales Distribution
* P&L and Balance Sheet Management
* Global Acquisition Planning, Execution & Integration
* Leading Change & Building High Performing Teams
Please contact Rahul Deshmukh at [email protected]
President @ After a successful transformation at OPW Fueling Components (another operating company of Dover Corp.), was promoted to lead the turnaround at Sargent by formulating and executing a customer focused growth strategy. Led a staff of 900 across 6 facilities globally and reported directly to Segment President & CEO. Sargent Aerospace & Defense, a Dover operating company is a leading provider of products and services to the global commercial aerospace & defense markets.
• Successfully rebuilt senior leadership team while energizing the organization to embrace change
• Developed and implemented a successful restructuring plan to improve operating results.
• Planned and executed a successful operational turnaround with massive improvement in on-time-delivery from 65% to 92% and reduced cost of quality by over 50%.
• Successfully negotiated a critical multi-year defense contract with the US Government and a multi-year annual contract with a major OEM that contributed to recovery of the business. From 2013 to 2014 (1 year) President & General Manager @ Recruited to lead a business turnaround and position the business for sustainable profitable growth. Chosen for this role to leverage prior deep operating experience in global oil & gas markets, leading growth in both domestic and international markets and for experience in delivering growth through systematic and customer driven innovation. OPW is a leading supplier of fueling equipment serving retail & commercial oil & gas customers globally.
• Transitioned business from a matrix organization to a high performing customer focused Business Unit structure.
• Enhanced key customer metrics such as on time delivery from 60% to 95%, fill rates from 65% to 95% , and reduced lead times from 32 to 10 days.
• Vastly expanded manufacturing capabilities in Suzhou (China), Prague (Czech Republic), Sao Paolo (Brazil) and established a greenfield engineering and manufacturing facility in Chennai (India).
• Institutionalized customer driven new product development and commercialization processes that led to significant organic growth.
• Delivered incremental sales of $20M in 2011 and 2012 by successfully launching 6 new products
• Consistently delivered above-market (3X) organic growth through global expansion and market share capture programs. From 2007 to 2013 (6 years) Director, Global Marketing & Strategic Planning @ Excelled in a leadership position for a very large global business of Emerson, a leader in upstream oil & gas custody transfer products and systems. Responsibilities included global product management, marketing communications, and strategic planning including acquisitions. Led and managed a team of global marketing professionals in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
• Served as a key member of the Executive Leadership team that delivered a 5-year sales CAGR of 13% and EBIT CAGR of 25%.
• Successfully commercialized innovative products using customer driven product development processes, leveraging value-selling tools, resulting in improved market share, sales and margin growth.
• Led a strategic acquisition in Asia, which included leading due diligence teams, handling negotiations, and implementing post-merger integration plans to deliver anticipated synergies. From 2003 to 2007 (4 years) Manager, Strategic Planning & Business Development @ Recruited out of business school into Emerson's Leadership Development Program, initially working in the corporate strategic planning group. In addition to in-depth experience in the Emerson planning processes, also supported activity around planning & execution of acquisitions and divestitures.
• Analyzed potential acquisitions and divestitures and made recommendations to the board.
• Assisted Emerson divisions with strategic planning processes. Supported senior leadership to drive cross divisional growth and technology development programs. From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Strategy & Market Analyst, Renessen @ Summer internship evolved into consulting role with Renessen, a JV between Monsanto Company and Cargill that develops agro-biotech products sold worldwide. Developed plans to commence business in Thailand.
• Identified potential business partners, evaluated and prioritized business development projects.
• Earned "Intern of the Year" distinction at Monsanto for demonstrating exceptional skills and potential. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Business Development Manager @ Manager, Strategic Planning (1996-1998)
Manager, Business & Market Development (1994-1996)
Manager, Production Planning & Procurement Management (1990-1994)
Assumed increasing levels of accountability for this leading manufacturer of agricultural chemicals in India. Reported to company's Managing Director, providing strategic guidance on business development, product planning, and supporting broader business goals. Led efforts to expand operations into Southeast Asia.
• Led successful development and launch of new products with responsibilities for a 45-person sales team.
• Developed & executed sales and marketing strategies including establishment of new distribution channels, in both current and newer markets.
• Rotated through positions in plant production, maintenance, and quality assurance. Handled supply chain responsibilities and led cost containment programs. From 1990 to 1998 (8 years)
Master of Business Administration @ Washington University in St. Louis - Olin Business SchoolBachelor of Engineering, Chemical Engineering @ University of Mumbai Rahul Deshmukh is skilled in: Leadership, Manufacturing, Strategic Planning, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Marketing Management, Product Management, Team Leadership, Business Development, Management, Program Management, Strategy, Operations Management, Executive Management, Product Development, Supply Chain Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension