Bachelor of Technology @
Institute of Technology, BHU
Successful project consulting executive with substantial breadth and depth of expertise in achieving and sustaining value realization from operations through transformative process performance improvement, re-alignment to growth objectives, and restructuring service delivery models. Adept at optimizing resources in culturally diverse environments, managing complex business initiatives, leading teams in both matrix and traditional organizations. Noted for skills in
Successful project consulting executive with substantial breadth and depth of expertise in achieving and sustaining value realization from operations through transformative process performance improvement, re-alignment to growth objectives, and restructuring service delivery models. Adept at optimizing resources in culturally diverse environments, managing complex business initiatives, leading teams in both matrix and traditional organizations. Noted for skills in managing relationships and stakeholders and communicating with all levels of management.
Core expertise in:
• Program and Project Management
• Business Process Transformation
• Change Management
• Business Case Development
• Shared Services Implementation
• Outsourcing Best Practices
Corporate Procurement @ From October 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSr. Advisor @ From 2013 to 2013 (less than a year) Senior Director, Customer Experience @ Led, coordinated, facilitated and supported major strategic initiatives in customer service re-organization and restructuring to enhance customer service. Drove enterprise program and project portfolio management rationalization and optimization.
• Key member of Transformation team tasked with designing and implementing shared services and outsourcing solutions for WM’s customer service organization to improve costs and quality(1800+ staff, over 12 m annual calls).
• Drove the development, sponsorship and approval of a comprehensive enterprise-wide project portfolio comprising over $500 m in projects to improve visibility, accountability and governance of strategic enterprise projects. Performed analysis of detailed project data from multiple business units, rationalized, prioritized and sequenced projects based on corporate objectives, value proposition and resource constraints.
• Established the Enterprise Program Management Office with 5 executive and staff resources and developed PMO processes and tools to oversee and facilitate key strategic projects
• Developed a complex cross-organizational, multi-year and comprehensive business case model for a $100 million order-to-cash transformation project. From January 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 8 months) Houston, Texas AreaDirector (Global Practices) @ Led, coordinated, facilitated and supported the development of an enterprise outsourcing and offshoring strategy, and the execution of outsourcing and offshoring initiatives for multiple organizations within BMC, a $2 billion software company.
• Drove the development of an enterprise-wide outsourcing and offshoring strategy that identified over $100 million in potential annual cost savings. Plan was shelved in recognition of significant risks related to change management and organizational culture.
• Advised and supported the business organizations in the design and implementation of shared services, outsourcing and offshoring best practices, improved service governance, and vendor management.
• Performed a global site analysis for expanding off-shored R&D/shared services capabilities. Identified sites in South America and Eastern Europe.
• Audited, restructured and re-negotiated outsourcing contracts with vendors in the US, India and South America that led to increased savings, improved quality and vendor relations. From May 2007 to May 2010 (3 years 1 month) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Manager, Outsourcing Advisory Services @ Accountable for leading sales and delivery of large complex, multi-stakeholder client engagements for the establishment of shared services, outsourced and offshored service delivery. Exceeded sales, revenue and customer satisfaction targets consistently.
• Led the development of strategy, business case and implementation plans for the creation, transition and management of an off-shored shared services delivery center in Manila for the US and European F & A operations of a leading global investment bank with €28 bn in annual revenues. Recommended plan doubled internal savings estimates to save $125 million annually.
• Led an initiative to build an off-shore shared services center, using a Build-Operate-Transfer model with a leading vendor, for select IT, Operations and F&A processes for a leading US asset management firm with $550 b in AUM to realize over $48m in annual savings.
• Directed initiative to outsource Application Development and Maintenance services for a leading US technology distributor with $31 b in annual revenues. Realized an estimated 30% in cost savings over contract term.
• Directed the development of an Application Development and Maintenance outsourcing/off-shoring strategy for a leading US insurance firm with $13 b in annual revenues. Successfully recommended revisions to the client’s intended outsourcing strategy that both lowered costs by 35% but also eased a 2-year development backlog. From January 2006 to May 2007 (1 year 5 months) Senior Manager, Outsourcing Advisory Services @ Responsible for leading sales and delivery of consulting engagements and co-authoring firm’s global methodology and tool kit for its outsourcing advisory service line. Exceeded internal and customer expectations consistently.
• Led an initiative at a US telecommunications company to outsource their enterprise desktop support services, including help desk, on-site support, new installs and desktop retirement, covering over 190,000 desktops across 13 states. Achieved 40% savings in total contract value of $270 m.
• Led initiative at a $300 b oil and gas company to review, audit, restructure and renegotiate service scope, service levels, metrics and price mechanisms in their existing $200m/year F&A outsourcing contract.
• Analyzed, re-engineered and drove the implementation of several key re-designed processes at a leading Canadian pension administration company with $53 billion in AUM. Resulted in significant improvements such as claims processing from >100 days to From July 1999 to January 2006 (6 years 7 months) Houston, Texas Area and Toronto, CanadaManagement Consultant @ From August 1998 to July 1999 (1 year) Consulting Manager @ From 1994 to 1996 (2 years) Executive (Systems Integration & Marketing) @ From August 1987 to December 1990 (3 years 5 months)
MBA, Operations & Marketing @ Wharton Business School From 1996 to 1998 Bachelor of Technology, Engineering @ Institute of Technology, BHU From 1982 to 1986 Prashant Rao is skilled in: Outsourcing, Integration, Customer Experience, Marketing, Business Transformation, IT Strategy, Business Process..., Management Consulting, PMO, Strategy, Program Management, Project Portfolio..., Process Improvement, Management, Change Management, Project Management, Governance, Leadership, Enterprise Software, Consulting, Thought Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension