Vice President Business Development SecureChain @ Kuehne + Nagel
CEO @ Supply Chain Management Strategy Advisors AB
VP DHL Freight Sweden Domestic @ DHL
Vice President with hands-on management experience in General Management, Strategy Development, Sales, Sales Support, Operations and Supply Chain. 20+ years experience in delivering extraordinary results in International and complex business environments with broad areas of responsibility. Consistent track record of continuously exceeding agreed sales / revenue targets below budgeted cost objectives. 15+ years experience as people manager
Vice President with hands-on management experience in General Management, Strategy Development, Sales, Sales Support, Operations and Supply Chain. 20+ years experience in delivering extraordinary results in International and complex business environments with broad areas of responsibility. Consistent track record of continuously exceeding agreed sales / revenue targets below budgeted cost objectives. 15+ years experience as people manager for large organizations with the ability to manage the organization through transition while creating stability, and focus the organization on key deliverables, securing top performance from the entire Team. Broad international experience from being employed by large Swedish, Swiss, US and German corporations in four different countries managing multi cultural organizations based in several different locations.
VP Business Development SecureChain in Kuehne + Nagel.
CEO in SCM Strategy Advisors providing research, operational support and advice to Executive Boards, CEO's and Owners in areas such as e.g. Business Model generation, Business Plan development, Turn Around Projects.
Objective is to manage and drive organisations to continuously deliver increasing value.
Specialties: General Management, Strategy, Business Management, Executive Advice, Sales, Sales Support, Supply Chain Management, Operations.
Vice President Business Development SecureChain @ Global Responsibility for SecureChain Business Development for the Overland Division.
- SecureChain includes Transportation Services of High Tech and High Value Products.
- Strategy Development, Planning and Implementation.
- Sales and Marketing, Planning and Implementation of identified and agreed activities.
- Close co-operation with country organisations and Global Sales Teams. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Malmo, SwedenCEO @ SCM Strategy Advisors AB provide project research, recommendations and advise to Top Management and Board level Directors on Sales Process and Value Chain Strategy.
- Successful turn around in three months for a Global Logistic Corp in the Nordics.
- Business Model Creation and Business Plan development for niche market entry on a pan-European scale for Global Logistic Corp.
- Strategy Development for land based transportation in the Nordics for Global Logistics Corp. From November 2013 to Present (2 years) Viken, SwedenVP DHL Freight Sweden Domestic @ Full P&L responsibility for DHL Freight Domestic in Sweden.
- 500 MEUR Revenue.
- 26 Freight Terminals.
- 1.700 direct FTE.
- Transportation Subcontracted to Local Haulers.
- 4 main products; B2C Parcel, B2B parcel, LTL and PTL/FTL. From February 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 7 months) Helsingborg / Malmö / StockholmVice President Supply Chain Logistics @ DHL Global Customer Solutions (GCS) was formed in 2004 to manage the top 100 DHL customers across all DHL Business Units. Peter has full responsibility for the Supply Chain Logistics (SCL) pre-sales support functions for all Global Customer Solutions Industry Sectors in the EMEA Region. The SCL Team directly manage 750+ Logistics and Express projects per annum resulting in new business sales of €500M+ per Annum for the EMEA Region across all DHL Business Units.
• Designed, created, developed and managed the GCS EMEA SCL Team from start.
• Manage an increase in organizational efficiency through increased output of 15% per year.
• Drive an increase in New Business Hit Rate. Double over 7 years.
• Drive an increase in Business Retention Hit Rate with 3-5% per year on average to the current very high level.
• Managed the EMEA SCL Team 5-15% below cost budget each year. From January 2004 to February 2012 (8 years 2 months) Bonn, Germany. Brussels , BelgiumSenior Vice President, Head of Healthcare Sector @ Peter had full responsibility for maintaining and building the Global Healthcare Sector within the Business Unit. Sold and implemented a major Lead Logistics Project and doubled the Sector sales with good profitability. From May 2001 to December 2003 (2 years 8 months) London, UKManager Logistics Development @ Peter was responsible for the European logistics development activities of the ProLogis temperature control segment after its acquisition of Frigoscandia and the merge with CSI. Worked closely with Europe and USA organizations to sell and implement leading logistics solutions.
• Sold and implemented lead logistics provider solution
• Major driver of integrating an IT system and application to increase logistics visibility and event management.
• Drove market analysis resulting in the 2 major acquisitions in Europe. From February 1997 to April 2001 (4 years 3 months) Windsor, UK. Helsingborg, Sweden.Global Project Manager, Global Materials Management @ Pharmacia merged with the Upjohn Company in 1996 with integration of the two companies taking place.
Peter had full Project Management responsibility for three major Distribution Projects within the Pharmacia & Upjohn Group. All three projects managed on time line and the necessary corporate decisions were obtained and implementation initiated.
• Drive outsourcing process of Nordic Warehousing to external Service Provider. Implemented.
• Drive centralization of distribution to Emerging Markets into central Distribution facility, Belgium. Implemented.
• Drive outsourcing of European (non-Nordic) Distribution activities to external Service Providers in Europe. Decision to select one major outsourcing partner in Europe. Project implemented 1998 - 2000. From February 1996 to February 1997 (1 year 1 month) Stockholm, SwedenProduction Manager / Production Director @ Pharmacia AB invested in the non-prescription based pharmaceuticals, Over the Counter (OTC). Peter had full responsibility to manage Operations of primarily Consumer Pharmaceuticals (OTC Brands) such as Smoking Cessation top brand, effervescent tablets and liquid solutions. Drive implementation to close smaller units for sterile manufacturing (outsourced) and penicillin (sold). Successfully managed the OTC launch of Smoking Cessation Chewing Gum in the USA with a substantial increase in Production activity at the same time as all other Global markets were supported with products. From September 1991 to February 1996 (4 years 6 months) Helsingborg, SwedenLogistics Consultant @ Peter started as a Junior SC Consultant and left as a Senior Consultant, overseeing Major Restructuring Projects with Locon's single largest Customer, e.g. The Swedish Post. From 1989 to 1991 (2 years)
MSc, Industrial Engineering and Management @ The Institute of Technology at Linköping University From 1985 to 1989 Peter Axelsson is skilled in: People Management, Budget Management, Supply Chain Management, Management, Supply Chain, Sales, Logistics, Budgets, Sales Operations, International Logistics, Warehousing, CRM, Business Development, Outsourcing, Supply Chain..., Strategy, Transportation, 3PL, Air Freight, Logistics Management, Supply Chain Consulting, Freight Forwarding, Reverse Logistics, Transportation..., Freight, Warehouse Management, P&L Management, New Business Development, Customs Regulations, Operations Management, Supply Chain Operations, Account Management, Key Performance..., Team Management, Materials Management, Procurement, Operational Excellence, Shipping, Container, Project Management, Demand Planning, Business Process..., Supply Management, Business Intelligence, Import, Strategic Sourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension