Director, Online Partnerships Group, Greater China @ Google
Group Product Manager @ Microsoft
Head of Digital/Social Marketing & Field Marketing @ Cisco Systems
Global business leader with 15 years of diverse marketing experience in high-tech. Ten years of experience in building and leading high-performing teams. Effective leader in driving focused initiatives and setting priorities in partnership with key stakeholders. Skilled in defining and executing integrated Go-To-Market strategy and campaigns with Strategic Alliance Partners. Proven marketer in driving business impact, aligning
Global business leader with 15 years of diverse marketing experience in high-tech. Ten years of experience in building and leading high-performing teams. Effective leader in driving focused initiatives and setting priorities in partnership with key stakeholders. Skilled in defining and executing integrated Go-To-Market strategy and campaigns with Strategic Alliance Partners. Proven marketer in driving business impact, aligning priorities with Sales and Product Management and aligning Field execution with Corporate initiatives. Frequent speaker at US and international marketing conferences. Bi-lingual (English and Mandarin). Strengths include:
* Global Marketing Strategy
* Field Marketing Management
* Partner and Channel Marketing (Retail, OEM, VAR, ISV, Distributors)
* Demand Generation (Inbound Marketing, Marketing Automation)
* People Management
* Digital/Social Marketing
Sr. Director, Partner Strategy and Marketing @ Lead the overall Microsoft China partner ecosystem transformation strategy including Cloud partner recruitment, enablement and marketing. Manage a team of senior marketing professionals to provide to-partner and through-partner marketing. Drive the overall community engagement with a variety of partners, including ISVs/CSVs (Cloud Solution Partners).
• Built the partner cloud capacity for Microsoft China from an ecosystem of a few to over a thousand for O365 and Azure.
• Created the ISV Hub (a Marketplace-like community) to drive ISV recruitment, Partner-to-Partner connection and ISV engagement with Microsoft.
• Transformed how Microsoft goes to market in China, from MSFT-led Anti-Piracy motion to Partner-Led solution-selling motion. Improved the co-selling revenue contribution from 7% in FY15 to 18% in FY16.
• Established the Microsoft Partner Business School, with MSFT sellers train Partner sellers, MSFT marketers train Partner marketers and MSFT technical engineers train Partner engineers and integrated training with marketing investment and partners sales
• Improved partner marketing capabilities and ROI from 1:15 to 1:50 From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Beijing City, ChinaHead of Digital/Social Marketing & Field Marketing @ Lead the Marketing Platform team (Digital Marketing/Social Media, Event Marketing) for Asia Pacific Japan China (APJC) Theater and the Greater China Region. Launched the flagship event platform Cisco Connect/Live in Greater China. Ran the 100-city roadshow with and for our SMB partners across China.
Build scalable marketing platforms, including digital/inbound marketing/social media marketing (Social Ambassador Program, Online Community, On-demand video marketing), strategic events (Cisco Live, Cisco Connect) and roadshow marketing (Multi-City Roadshow).
Transform the field marketing from ad-hoc events to integrated marketing engagement with customers.
Successfully launched the Cisco Interaction Network Techwise online TV show in China.
Led customer acquisition team for Cisco's 2010 WorldExpo marketing. Drove customer engagement for Smart Connected Communities for a pipeline of $2Billion. From June 2009 to April 2014 (4 years 11 months) Sr. Manager, Global SMB and Partner Marketing @ Led a team of marketing managers to drive global CRM marketing, Offers and overall GTM strategy for Unified Communications solution for the SMB market segment. Drove the campaign planning and execution for to-partner and thru-partner/to-customers.
Spearheaded the creation of an SMB/Partner online community. Help Cisco fundamentally shift the marketing approach from just demand generation to proactively engaging, listenting to and enabling SMBs to meet their own needs. From February 2007 to June 2009 (2 years 5 months) Senior Digital Marketing Manager @ Drive online marketing and sales for the Personal Audio and Mobile Electronics categories including MP3 players and personal navigation systems.
Spearhead a renewed focus on optimizing online engagement with customers and ultimately driving maximum sales online both via sonystyle.com, and select online merchants such as amazon.com, bestbuy.com and circuitcity.com.
Integrate the operations between sonystyle.com and sonystyle stores.
Orchestrate integrated marketing (to-customer, through-retail and to-retail), a new way of marketing in a traditionally channel-driven corporate environment.
Launch nav-u, Sony's re-entry into the GPS market. Catch a glimpse of the vision for Sony at www.sony.com/nav-u From September 2005 to February 2007 (1 year 6 months) Group Marketing Manager, SMS&P @ Led the WW Channel Strategy and planning for the WW Small Business Group.
Incubated and launched the WW Small Business Specialist program. (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jul05/07-08SmallBizSpecialistPR.mspx)
Program was well-received by our SB partners and by industry analysts.
Micro-level: Drive the go-to-markets and sales and marketing programs on a global basis for the real-time collaboration group in Microsoft.
Macro-level: Scale an emerging business by enabling better leverage of existing sales/marketing engines including the partner ecosystems. Internal evangelism. From March 2003 to September 2005 (2 years 7 months) Business Strategy Manager @ Drove WW strategic planning for the PSG (Personal Systems Group) group.
Led PSMG product portfolio management.
Created business case for online stores for SMB customers.
Managed MDF funds from Intel and Microsoft.
Liason for APAC/GCR/Japan.
Developed alternative sales channel for SMB customers From 1999 to 2003 (4 years) Management Consultant Intern @ Assessed sales opportunity management process for the SMB National Practice in IBM Global Services From September 1998 to December 1998 (4 months)
MBA, International Marketing and Finance @ DePaul UniversityMicrosoft Executive MBA Program @ Northwestern University - Kellogg School of ManagementBA, English Literature @ Shanghai International Studies UniversityExecutive Leadership Program @ University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School Paula Wang is skilled in: Global Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Channel Marketing, Field Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Multi-channel Marketing, Strategy, Demand Generation, Marketing Communications, Program Management, Marketing Management, Social Media, Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing, Direct Marketing