My passion is to increase the productivity and efficiency of global sales teams with an emphasis on driving cross-functional projects and programs to build a world-class sales enablement system. Improving sales onboarding, sales training & education, and enabling sales with the tools and systems to create a positive customer buying experience creates a true “Sales Readiness” culture
My passion is to increase the productivity and efficiency of global sales teams with an emphasis on driving cross-functional projects and programs to build a world-class sales enablement system. Improving sales onboarding, sales training & education, and enabling sales with the tools and systems to create a positive customer buying experience creates a true “Sales Readiness” culture throughout any company resulting in a world-class sales team. I’m searching for a innovative and forward-thinking company who is constantly challenging the status quo to improve and achieve greater results. Is this your company?
Director of Sales Enablement @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Portland, Oregon AreaDirector, Sales & Partner Enablement @ From July 2014 to December 2014 (6 months) Portland, Oregon AreaDirector, Sales Enablement @ From October 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 9 months) Director Sales Readiness @ Position is focused upon improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the sales force through training/education, creation of selling tools, implementing and enforcing a selling process, and overall talent management for the field operations organization (sales, pre-sales, support, services). From June 2006 to October 2012 (6 years 5 months) Senior Manager, Sales Readiness @ Position is focused upon improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the sales force through training/education, creation of selling tools, implementing and enforcing a selling process, and overall talent management for the field operations organization (sales, pre-sales, support, services). From March 2005 to May 2006 (1 year 3 months) Senior Manager, Technical Marketing @ * Led team of technical experts providing a cross-product and cross-functional support role to larger product marketing team
* Established a measurement-focused organization creating collateral, product demonstrations, reviewer’s guides, training materials and documentation to increase awareness, customer retention and revenue growth From December 2004 to March 2005 (4 months) Senior Product Marketing Manager @ * Critical role in company-wide strategic planning process
* “Go-to-person” role for head of product marketing, including backfilling other product marketing managers when needed (Team of 15+ people.)
* Led cross-functional team to determine customer transition and end-of-life plan for a major revenue generating product that had overlap with acquiring company
* Took initiative and leadership role on changing the maintenance fee rate for all distributed products, a needed step to achieving company goal of 10% maintenance revenue growth
* Successfully launched two new products in 2003 adding incremental revenue
* Lead role on technology acquisition to create new product line
* Launched release of Merant Professional, the largest revenue producing product for Merant, reversing decline in product revenue
* Launched new mainframe product release providing a new sales opportunity to increase sales of product line From April 2002 to December 2004 (2 years 9 months) Senior Product Manager @ * Product Manager for PVCS Tracker product line, SCM product integrations, and Version Manager WebDAV release
* Critical role in strategic relationship with IBM for OS/390, and IBM’s new WebSphere Studio Workbench technology (rebranded and open-sourced as Eclipse)
* MERANT’s representative to the eclipse.org Executive Committee, involved in the formation of eclipse.org and taking Eclipse open source From September 2001 to April 2002 (8 months) Senior Product Analyst @ * Member of the 6-person Product Architecture team responsible bringing business and marketing aspects to the technology that was being explored
* Improved coordination between the Product Management and Product Architecture teams From March 2001 to September 2001 (7 months) Senior Product Manager @ * Technical advisor reporting directly to Vice President of Product Management
* Served critical role in forming strategic relationships with IBM, Tivoli, and Microsoft, and assisted partnerships with Oracle, WebGain and Mercury Interactive
* Due diligence team member on multiple acquisition candidates – serving both a technical and business analyst role
* Responsible for strategic research initiative that provides input to the long-range product planning process From April 2000 to March 2001 (1 year) PVCS Suite Product Manager @ * Responsible for product management of point products, PVCS SiteSync, and PVCS Configuration Builder.
* Brought new product to market, PVCS Enterprise Release Manager, filling a strategic need, and making Merant the first-to-market with this type of solution
* Reported directly to Vice President of business unit in absence of VP of Product Management From July 1999 to March 2000 (9 months) Business Development @ * Created e-business solutions that were packaged and sold as new consulting services offering
* Created a web-based containing product release information for PVCS Tracker 6.0, providing consulting resources with their first hands-on material for a product launch From December 1998 to June 1999 (7 months) Solutions Product Manager @ * Business development position created to create packaged service offerings designed to drive $10 M in incremental revenue
* Created a packaged service offerings for implementations of PVCS Process Manager, and PVCS Tracker From April 1998 to November 1998 (8 months) National Software Configuration Management (SCM) Manager @ * Expanded role to cover 7 MCI locations across the United States, providing SCM support to all MCI Year 2000 change projects, creating a multi-million dollar revenue stream for the company
* From February 1997 – February 1998 grew SCM team from four (4) individuals in one location to 37 individuals in 7 locations From September 1997 to March 1998 (7 months) Managing Consultant @ * Managed team of SCM consultants to provide Year 2000 SCM support for MCI’s Enterprise Year 2000 project. INTERSOLV was the sole SCM provider to MCI for their Year 2000 project. I personally worked with 30+ application development groups within the MCI network. This entailed customizing solutions around a process framework. From September 1996 to August 1997 (1 year) Senior Consultant @ * Worked on-site with clients to provide custom solutions to their configuration management needs. This included intensive customer interaction and problem solving within the structure of individual organizations. Projects included product installation and customization, assessment and verification of SCM procedures, and porting assistance for a C++ application from OS/2 to Windows. From July 1996 to August 1996 (2 months) Technical Support Specialist @ * Provided technical support for the complete PVCS product line including: PVCS Tracker, PVCS Version Manager, PVCS Configuration Builder, PVCS Reporter, and PVCS Developer’s Toolkit.
* Team Lead for PVCS Developer’s Toolkit providing support for customers utilizing the PVCS API for custom solutions. This involved development of small Visual Basic and C/C++ applications.
* First 90-days on the job created a 1-page common issues document that was shipped in the product box and reduced customer support calls by 10%. From December 1994 to June 1996 (1 year 7 months)
MS, Nuclear Engineering @ Oregon State University From 1992 to 1994 BS, Nuclear Engineering @ Oregon State University From 1987 to 1992 Patrick Merritt is skilled in: Product Marketing, Product Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Pre-sales, Application Lifecycle Management, SaaS, Requirements Management, Product Strategy, Go-to-market Strategy, Release Management, Sales Enablement, Solution Selling, Software Sales, Project Portfolio Management, Configuration Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension