Bachelor of Engineering (BE) @
University of Mysore
I am a seasoned, hands-on QA professional, who understands how to transform a quick-paced, multi-project software product-development process through Quality. Throughout my career, I have recognized the need for a comprehensive software quality initiative that establishes a new regime to transform the customer experience. I have transformed the traditional, lumbering Waterfall development methods into Agile powerhouses that
I am a seasoned, hands-on QA professional, who understands how to transform a quick-paced, multi-project software product-development process through Quality. Throughout my career, I have recognized the need for a comprehensive software quality initiative that establishes a new regime to transform the customer experience. I have transformed the traditional, lumbering Waterfall development methods into Agile powerhouses that quickly get great products to market and that delight customers in start-up like environments within in a large organization.
I start with the customer needs, and then working with other stakeholders, develop a new approach to overall software product development in which software QA plays a key role in the test-driven development process by inducing quality up-stream.
• Customer focus: Champion the customer-focused culture, along with internal quality-matrix driven product release to create a great customer experience.
• Establish Systems: Establish robust systems for quality planning, quality control, and quality improvement, integrating them throughout SDLC. Emphasis on up-stream defect prevention system.
• Inspire Teams: Organize and build teams that understand how customer-driven quality is implemented and drive that mind-set throughout the organization. Mentor teams to be leaders.
• Automate Testing: Progressively automate more and more routine testing to save resources, avoid errors, and to speed-up releases.
• Resource planning and management: Doing more with less, create more accurate model of estimation and placing right people at right place.
• Communication and Presentation: Very comfortable with up, down and peer communication. Excels in presenting current project status as well as new proposals.
Director, Software QA @ Adap.tv, a division of AOL Platform, is transforming the way video advertising is bought and sold. Adap.tv’s video intelligence platform, Pathway, helps many of the world’s largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks intelligently, effectively and safely plan, buy and measure billions of video ad trades programmatically every month across web, linear TV and mobile video. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) San MateoSr Manager @ Promoted to serve as core member of Plant Solution Division leadership group leading high-level decision making and strategic planning. Recruited and mentored 20-member team of on-site and off-shore resources in Shanghai and Singapore; devise and implement effective training methods. Direct planning and staff allocation for multiple projects and deadlines. Communicate with senior management and stakeholders to present status / issue reports; collaborated on issue prioritization for current and future releases. Spearhead customer validation and test-drive events to promote and gather feedback on pending releases.
• Software Development Life Cycle
• Product Release Management
• Agile Project Management Process
• On- / Off-shore Team building and management
• Industry-leading Software Products
• Quality Assurance / Testing Strategies
• Build Automation framework and infrastructure
• SOA, Web Services
• C++, Java, Python, XML, SQL, Selenium, JUnit, Jira
• Continuous Build and Integration tools and technologies
• Project Management Methodologies
• Cross-team Collaboration & Reporting
• Great Communication and Presentation Skill From June 2007 to February 2014 (6 years 9 months) Manager @ Recruited, mentored and trained teams of on-site and off-shore resources in Shanghai and Singapore. Established and introduced comprehensive quality assurance program and strategy; collaborated with group managers to incorporate quality and validation into all SDLC phases. Devised and launched software release management process and worked cross-functionally to streamline product release. Played key role in on-time release of several market leading Autodesk products. From July 2006 to June 2007 (1 year) Lead Feature and API @ Coordinated testing of AutoCAD subsystems as part of Platform Solutions Group. Collaborated with software developer to code subsystems as necessary. Fostered communication across functional areas throughout the development process, including design, development, marketing, and project management. From September 1997 to June 2006 (8 years 10 months) Director @ From 2000 to 2005 (5 years)
MBA @ San Francisco State University, College of BusinessBachelor of Engineering (BE), Civil Engineering @ University of Mysore Partha Mitra is skilled in: Team Building, Quality Assurance, Automation, Enterprise Software, Product Development, Strategic Planning, Leadership, SaaS, Software Project..., Release Management, Cloud Computing, Mobile Technology, SDLC, Agile Project Management, Communication, Cross-team Collaboration, Cross-functional Team..., Presentations, Program Management, Software Engineering, Agile Methodologies, Management, Testing, ERP, Project Planning, Software Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension