R&D Engineering Group Manager @ Intel Corporation
Firmware/Software Team Lead @ Intel Corporation
Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering. @
Jerusalem College of Engineering
Highly experienced manager and engineer with 11 years in the high-tech industry. Holding senior position in R&D, with project management experience and engineering. Deep technical background in the areas of Coding, Network Communications, Security, Optimization, Embedded, SDLC and OOD. Proficient in C, C++, C# and scripting languages. A SW engineer with an Executive MBA, possesses strong technical
Highly experienced manager and engineer with 11 years in the high-tech industry. Holding senior position in R&D, with project management experience and engineering. Deep technical background in the areas of Coding, Network Communications, Security, Optimization, Embedded, SDLC and OOD. Proficient in C, C++, C# and scripting languages. A SW engineer with an Executive MBA, possesses strong technical abilities coupled with business acumen.
R&D Engineering Real-Time Group Manager @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Member Board of Directors @ Omen is specialists in high-pressure die casting of non-ferrous metals Aluminum and Brass.
Manufacturer of a wide range of products for various industries
►Other products From January 2015 to Present (1 year) R&D Engineering Group Manager @ • Management of a group of 3 teams, up to 23 developers, validation and architects, responsible for lower level FW of an embedded SOC security engine firmware, with focus on ROM, Kernel, OS and tools.
• Supporting agile development life-cycles such as Scrum and Kanban in addition to classic waterfall methods. Maintaining tasks and requirement backlogs, and defects resolution process.
• Experience with TFS, PS-Next, QualityCenter, Contour, Preforce, Bugzilla, MSProject tools.
• Management experience in both veteran teams and building new ones, including interviewing, hiring and positioning, from definition of team vision, scope, goals through rules & responsibility. From January 2012 to September 2015 (3 years 9 months) Engineering Project Manager @ • Management of Intel newly security engine in Baytrail platform - 40M sales and 28 design wins.
Managing from the early days throughout Alpha/Beta and final release milestone.
• Matrix management of several development, validation and marketing teams, coordinating 4 R&D sites (USA, Israel, India, and Chania).
• Responsibility for product road-map, strategic direction, requirements and functionality.
• Conducting and managing project risk assessment and mitigation. Assessing project critical
issues and identifying solutions.
• Tracking progress, coordinate teams and reviewing project tasks to assure deadlines are met
appropriately. From 2010 to 2012 (2 years) IsraelFirmware/Software Team Lead @ • Coordinating 3 development sites (USA, Israel, and Poland) ~100 engineers.
• Responsible for the project code merges, builds, and internal\external releases.
• Coding Intel management engine in C and C++ and integrating firmware and software modules.
• Supporting high value customers (e.g. HP, Lenovo) with their integration and debugging.
• Maintaining Klockwork, protexIP and Check-In-Code-Criteria. From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) Software Team Lead @ • Automation team leader of 6 people, supervising the development and testing of a wide scale Real-Time embedded project.
• Responsibility for test design, implementation, and execution in a complex software/firmware environment involving in depth working knowledge in network protocols (TCP/IP, TLS, DHCP, Kerberos).
• Developing in C\C++ and Python for backbone Servers & Clients simulation tools.
• Hands-on role involving coding, tasks assignment, code review and team planning. From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Firmware/Software Engineer @ • Responsibility for developing an automated environment for regression, stress, and performance testing of the company’s vPRO-AMT technology.
• Developing libraries and standalone tools in Java and C#.
• Coding WDM driver in C for Windows operating system. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ The Hebrew University From 2013 to 2014 Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering. @ Jerusalem College of Engineering From 2002 to 2006 Ohad Oz is skilled in: Debugging, Embedded Systems, Intel, C, Embedded Software, C#, Networking, Integration, C++, Software Engineering, Software Development, Device Drivers, Software Design, Object Oriented Design, Firmware, Agile Methodologies, Multithreading, System Architecture, Scrum
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension