Senior Manager, Global Brand Marketing - Community @
Evanston Township High School
I am a digital and social media marketer with over 10+ years experience with a rich, diversified portfolio including CPG brands, consumer technology, music, fashion, beauty, luxury and retail both in-house in my most recent role as Director of Social at audio electronics brand SOL REPUBLIC and on the agency side as a digital lead on accounts
I am a digital and social media marketer with over 10+ years experience with a rich, diversified portfolio including CPG brands, consumer technology, music, fashion, beauty, luxury and retail both in-house in my most recent role as Director of Social at audio electronics brand SOL REPUBLIC and on the agency side as a digital lead on accounts including Unilever, Nikon, and LVMH amongst others.
In addition my managerial background both building and leading teams, I have in-depth experience working in highly integrated environments with creatives, developers, project managers, events, PR, retail marketing, customer service and e-commerce to deliver innovative and integrated marketing campaigns at both a regional and global scale. With my knowledge of social strategy and best practices, vendor and partner relationships, and experience in influencer marketing, digital media planning, SEM, SEO and analytics I am able to deliver strategies and tactics that align with best practices and drive both short term and long term goals to exceed KPIs and drive ROI on all fronts.
Prior to joining the team at SOL Republic I was privileged to work and learn at first class digital agencies including Weber Shandwick (AdAge's 2014 Large Agency of the Year), MWW Group and Morpheus Media. Past clients include: Unilever (Ponds, Degree for Women), Nikon, Diet Pepsi, Hennessy Cognac, Belvedere Vodka, Grand Marnier, GUESS Clothing, Jurlique, Lord & Taylor, Colin Cowie Weddings, Casa Dragones Tequila, Armitron Watches, Chandon, Juicy Couture, Blurb Books, Tiffany, Veuve Clicquot, CAbi (Carol Anderson by Invitation), and Bergdorf Goodman.
On the agency side in addition to my role as a client lead, I was actively involved in the new business pitch and on-boarding process including RFP response, creative concepting, presentation development and delivery. I am also very passionate and knowledgeable about emerging technologies and platforms and mobile marketing.
VP Digital - Freelance @ • Client and agency lead on all global social and digital strategy for TIDAL, a premium music content streaming service
• Oversaw strategic development, delivery and deployment of all social/digital content for TIDAL across paid, earned and owned, including development of editorial content, brand guidelines and tone of voice
• Consulted directly with client on larger campaigns, branding, and strategic direction / positioning
• Managed 7-day a week monitoring, engagement, customer service and reporting on all client social channels
• Hired and managed a team of four, including two in house community managers, content strategists and paid strategist reporting to the EVP of Consumer/Digital
• Collaborated cross-agency to deliver streamlined strategic approach, deliverables and reporting
• Supported weekly real time marketing for live-streamed events including logistics, staffing, content strategy, response protocol and community management From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Digital/Social Marketing Consultant @ Working closely with brands to provide expertise and guidance in all areas of digital and social media marketing to deliver thoughtful, impactful and integrated strategies and ongoing consultation uniquely tailored to your business objectives.. Friendly, resourceful and excited to work closely with you and your team to help achieve your goals, whether you are looking to solve problems, bring new products to market, align your current efforts, start from scratch or just want a fresh perspective.
Services offered: Social Media Consultation, Social Media Strategy, Platform Strategy, Campaign Strategy, Content Strategy & Tone of Voice, Influencer Programming, Social Media Advertising, Brand Blog Development and Launch, Competitive Analysis, and more.
Clients: popSLATE, Obi Worldphone, Seattle's Best Coffee, Pilot Flying J, Tely From March 2015 to Present (10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector of Social @ Led global social and digital strategy for SOL REPUBLIC, an independent audio electronics company making affordable, design-forward headphones & wireless speakers
• Managed a team of four strategists executing creative and effective digital strategies and tactics to achieve marketing goals and grow engagement, loyalty and brand evangelism
• Led all digital/social content strategy and development. Drafted detailed creative briefs and oversaw management and deployment of digital content marketing calendars
• Collaborated closely with all internal teams (Project Managers, Creative & Design, Product, Customer Service, Channel/Retail, New Business Partnerships, Web/E-Commerce, Events, and Talent/Influencers) to develop innovative, grassroots marketing programs including elements of earned, owned, and paid media including Display, SEM and SEO
• Led development and growth of 40k+ member CRM/loyalty program SOLdier of Sound (http://soldierofsound.com) including college campus marketing program Campus Generals
• Managed relationship and process with outside digital & creative agencies
• Worked closely with key channel partners (Facebook, Twitter) and third party vendors to keep brand aligned with digital best practices and emerging platforms and technologies
• Directly managed paid media strategy, buying and optimization on Facebook & Twitter driving average CPE and CPC well under industry benchmarks
• Identified and implemented CMS solution company-wide to align all department marketing calendars and content strategy at a regional and and global level
• Implemented new reporting and measurement standards in social/digital including weekly dashboards and in-depth monthly reporting deliverables
• Re-launched SOL REPUBLIC blog increasing site traffic by 59% in a six month period and time on site by 40%
• Managed the social marketing budget, proposing real time optimization of investments to achieve marketing objectives, enhance ROI delivery and minimize risk From April 2014 to March 2015 (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector, Digital @ Develop and execute digital and social media strategies for leading consumer brands including Unilever (Degree for Women and POND’S) and Diet Pepsi.
Lead internal teams providing strategy, creative, project management, development and content production
Coordinate closely with and lead digital strategy amongst agency partners providing paid media, promotions, in-store and web development and ecommerce to ensure successful 360 programming.
Executed 200+ participate Influencer program for POND’S including custom developed Facebook Tab experience
Led first Unilever brand social media real-time response war room of the 2013 MTV VMA's for Degree for Women client. Coordinated all internal teams on planning, logistics, legal and execution.
Helped develop best in class content and creative for Degree for Women working directly with Facebook team.
Directly manage team of associates and senior level strategists in best practices, roles & responsibilities, and guide their professional development.
Manage budgets and compile and present Quarterly Business Reports.
Guide and present detailed analytics reporting to client to support all campaigns and programming. From April 2013 to April 2014 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaEditor In Chief @ New York based online music blog, featured in New York Magazine as one of the five most influential blogs in Brooklyn, Influencer for Hewitt Packard, winner of a VH1 Rock Honor in 2008. Presented showcases at CMJ and SXSW including integrated partnerships with Flavorpill and Break Thru Radio. Hosted 2006 radio program "The Blog Show" on Break Thru Radio. Former founding member of After The Jump blogging collective. http://www.irockiroll.com From January 2004 to April 2014 (10 years 4 months) Senior Digital Strategist @ Led digital and social strategy, including influencer programming, engagement driving, and community management oversight for the agency's largest client Nikon. Executed strategic digital campaigns including both paid (Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr media planning and execution) and earned media. Collaborated on various new business projects and pitches and manage a team of Digital Specialists. Additional clients included Armitron Watches, Hillshire Farm, and start-ups Blurb and Vitals.com. Help spearhead agency in digital thought leadership and drafted agency white papers and numerous client POVs.
Key projects included digital management/execution of three-day event series at SXSW 2013, the Nikon 1 'Small Moments are Huge Influencer Program,' and the development, strategy and project management of a dedicated digital gamified photography community, My Nikon World. From March 2012 to April 2013 (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaManager, Social Strategies @ Manager of the Social Media team at Morpheus Media, delivering digital strategy to brands in the luxury retail, beauty, fashion and spirits space. From November 2011 to March 2012 (5 months) Greater New York City AreaSenior Social Strategist @ From October 2010 to November 2011 (1 year 2 months) Social Strategist @ From April 2010 to October 2010 (7 months) Associate Social Strategist @ From September 2008 to March 2010 (1 year 7 months) Assistant Talent & Music Supervision @ From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) A&R Representative @ From 2005 to 2006 (1 year)
Bachlor of Science, Communications & Mass Media, Magna Cum Laude @ New York University From 1999 to 2003 Evanston Township High School Nora Walker is skilled in: Social Media Marketing, Agile Project Management, Digital Strategy, Community Management, Blogger Relations, Influencer Marketing, Analytics, Creative Strategy, Client Services, Client Communications, Consumer Insights, Consumer Behavior, Digital Marketing, Reporting & Analysis, Campaign Optimization