Alumni and Parent Programs - Student Worker @ Amherst College
Briarcliff High School
I enjoy solving problems. In college, this meant anything from filling a gap in the historical record with a targeted essay to implementing a quick and effective fix when our elections software malfunctions. Now it more often means developing technical solutions in code to create dynamic and responsive web applications. Whenever possible I try to think creatively
I enjoy solving problems. In college, this meant anything from filling a gap in the historical record with a targeted essay to implementing a quick and effective fix when our elections software malfunctions. Now it more often means developing technical solutions in code to create dynamic and responsive web applications. Whenever possible I try to think creatively to tackle the problem placed in front of me.
I'm a web developer based in New York City, with experience in a diverse array of technologies. But above everything else, I'm a problem-solver and an eager learner.
Software Developer @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Vice President (formerly Secretary and Webmaster) @ • Officiate and manage a body of 32 student senators; handle all internal senate affairs.
• Ensure that the AAS Senate is adequately representative of student minorities by reaching out to affinity groups.
• As Secretary and Webmaster, preserved the institutional memory of the AAS by maintaining its website and overseeing its records.
• Spearheaded and helped organize the Rally to End the Culture of Silence, which gained regional and national attention in the Daily Hampshire Gazette and Bloomberg News. From October 2010 to May 2014 (3 years 8 months) Student @ • Trained in Ruby on Rails and Backbone.js in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
• Excelled in coursework, achieving a perfect score on all graded assessments.
• Created a functional and styling airbnb clone, constructed entirely in Backbone.js on a Rails foundation: www.airnzg.com From July 2014 to August 2014 (2 months) Greater New York City AreaStudent Archivist @ • Organized and cataloged the extensive document collection of Pulitzer Prize-winning Professor John W. Dower.
• Translated Japanese titles into English for placement within library catalog. From October 2013 to May 2014 (8 months) Media Action Organizer - Internet Campaign @ • Organized in-district meetings between legislators and their constituents in districts and states across the country.
• Assisted in building and maintaining a broad, international coalition of more than one hundred civil rights groups and internet freedom organizations.
• Researched issues and wrote blog entries concerning internet and new media policy.
• Experienced working in a fast-paced environment, balancing short-term and long-term projects. From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months) Research / Clerical Assistant @ • Organized and categorized Professor Pavel Machala’s extensive file archives concerning American foreign policy.
• Engaged in internet research to locate and download digital copies of scholarly articles. From September 2011 to May 2012 (9 months) Residential Counselor @ • Developed a successful and close-knit community on a floor of 23 diverse first-year students, planning weekly programs and activities and acting as a role model for campus behavior.
• Participated in training which included conflict resolution, active listening, alcohol/drug safety and basic first aid.
• Acted as a liaison between students, campus administration and professional support resources. From August 2011 to May 2012 (10 months) Alumni and Parent Programs - Student Worker @ From January 2011 to May 2011 (5 months) Scanner @ From July 2010 to August 2010 (2 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension