Private Banking Associate @ Standard Chartered Bank
International Graduate @ Standard Chartered Bank
Management Consulting Summer Intern @ Accenture
B.E Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering @
Birla Institute of Technology and Science
I am passionate about working on big ideas which have potential to change the world and impact the society at large. I like to work in an environment where I am given a large amount of responsibility and freedom to operate. New ideas and technologies excite me a lot and I am always looking to be a
I am passionate about working on big ideas which have potential to change the world and impact the society at large. I like to work in an environment where I am given a large amount of responsibility and freedom to operate. New ideas and technologies excite me a lot and I am always looking to be a part of the teams which are implementing these ideas and are at the forefront to pushing the boundaries.
I believe that I am self starter and always push myself to achieve the best results. I was a part of the Dean's List in both the first and second year of my MBA. I have also been awarded the national award for an engineering design, which I prepared as a part of my first job at BHEL. The company has filed for a patent for the design and the design has won the Prime Minister of India Shram Vir Award.
I have undergone a rotation program as a part of the graduate program at Standard Chartered and have been exposed to the Product Management, Credit Risk and Operations functions in the bank. I handled the portfolio of Standard Chartered co branded partnership with Bajaj Finserv for credit card and was also involved in development of certain projects and technologies which have the potential to change the way banking will happen in the future. I am currently in the Private Banking Division of the bank.
Over the years, I have assumed various positions of leadership and this has helped me in leading and building effective teams to deliver the projects. I was the General Secretary for the academic year 2012 - 13 at FMS, Delhi and held various leadership positions during my graduate and undergraduate program.
Apart from work, I like to unwind by reading a good book. I am interested in reading about new technologies, history, economics and innovation. I have recently taken to running and completed a few half marathons. I also believe that learning is a continuos process and am mostly found learning a new skill in my free time.
Private Banking Associate @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Mumbai Area, IndiaInternational Graduate @ Awarded the " Best Team Member" and "Best Team" among 109 International Graduates at the International Induction Program of the Bank held at Shanghai, China
- Handled the key account relationship with co- branded partner (BAJAJ Finserv) for credit card.
- Prepared the financial model to evaluate the profitability of the card and partner payout.
- Ran spends and customer education campaign to increase activation on the base by 22%
- Liased with multi disciplinary teams - sales, operations, marketing, risk and legal & compliance
- Identified process inefficiencies through data driven analysis to improve vendor processes.
- Worked with credit beareau to improve the process to increase approval by 50%
- Piloted and set up a new Email collections channel for delinquent customers.
- Handled the Credit Underwriting for SME customers for Working capital management.
- Liased with the sales and operations team for successful execution of credit aplication.
- Was involved in underwriting due diligence of 35 applications of INR 52 crore.
- Liased with the customers to collect post disbursal documents to maintain the secured portfolio.
- Negotiated with backend receipt collection vendor for 15% reduction in cost.
- Interacted and serviced the investments needs of HNW and UHNW clients as flagship Fort branch. From July 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 6 months) Mumbai Area, IndiaManagement Consulting Summer Intern @ Worked on procurement to pay strategy transformation of an Indian Oil and Gas Major
- Carried out Impact Analysis study to ascertain the project's impact on procurement process
- Collected data and assisted in development of the e-sourcing enablement workbook.
- Spend Category analysis showed potential for 50% reduction in signatures; 80 % of the spend
-1000 vendors identified by value & volume transaction for e-sourcing enablement workbook.
- Developed project resources to be used for user training and onboarding
- Key Recommendations implemented in the next work package
- Was present on the client site for the duration of the Summer internship From April 2012 to June 2012 (3 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaOil Rigs Technology Engineer @ Worked as an Oil and Gas Technologist
- Testing Facility design - won a national Award and has been filed for a patent
- Handled Capital Investment Proposals worth 4 crore INR
- Key responsibilities: Capital Investments, Design, Process Planning, Rate Fixing
- Responsible for time saving of 60% for the manufacture of E 3000 draw works.
- Initiated digitization of documents, responsible for time saving of 80%
- New Designs for testing facilities led to cost savings of 38 Lakhs INR From July 2009 to May 2011 (1 year 11 months) Hyderabad Area, India
MBA ( FT), General Management, Dean's List @ Faculty of Management Studies - University of Delhi From 2011 to 2013 B.E Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering @ Birla Institute of Technology and Science From 2005 to 2009 Nimit Mehra is skilled in: Corporate Finance, Management Consulting, Financial Modeling, Analytics, Capital Markets, Finance, Risk Management, Business Strategy, Leadership, Business Development, Social Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship, Operations Management, Oil & Gas Industry, Economic Development